It is easy to prepare Vegetable Cheese Crepes. I like why they look so good and taste so good, which makes it gourmet food. Vegetable Cheese Crepes contain a spicy mix of vegetables, some herbs and spices, and any vegan cheese or any cheese you like for the filling of these crepes.
Those who like vegan & vegetarian recipes can join my Facebook group World Best Vegetarian & Vegan Recipes.
This veggie crepe recipe makes a great snack for your kids. Because it’s loaded with wonderful vegetables, this will be a healthy lunch box option for them. Since it looks so cute, they’ll absolutely love it.
You need to make sure you keep a few things in mind when making these crepes. Always prepare the stuffing for the crepes first so that they can cool off.
Once folded, keep the crepes on a plate, folded side down, until you have folded the rest of the crepe. This will prevent the edges from unraveling while being fried. And the final tip is…to always shallow fry the stuffed crepes before serving.
.It would also be more nutritious to make the batter with whole wheat flour, in addition to using a chicken filling or egg filling in place of the vegetable filling. Or you could also add some chicken and eggs along with the veggies to make it more nutritious. But I prefer lots of vegetables with cheese filling here.
Feel free to check it out and let me know how it turns out for you.
You may also like some other snack recipes on my blog – Vegan Spanish Spinach Croquettes – Air Fried, Chili Cheese Toast – Air Fryer Spicy Cheese Toast, Spinach Corn Sandwich Recipe, Foccacia Recipe (Whole Wheat) – Tomato & Olive.
Sharing is caring! LET’S BE FRIENDS ON PINTEREST! WE’RE ALWAYS PINNING TASTY RECIPES!
This European-style pancake dinner is sure to satisfy even the meat-eaters! This European dish is packed with veggies and cheese. During the freeze period, you can freeze the stuffing, but you should avoid freezing the crepes. Only fresh-made crepes taste good.
Breakfast is by far the most important meal of the day, and I take my responsibilities seriously! Parathas or Puris are always on the menu on Saturdays, but Sundays are usually reserved for fancy Continental breakfast.
The Crepe originated from Brittany, an area in northwest France, but quickly gained recognition throughout the world. And now these crepes will be on the menu at every possible continental breakfast joint for sure.
SAVORY CREPES?! Where have I heard this before? I first created this recipe in 2014 after dining at a crepe restaurant in Toronto.
Before then, I had only ever thought of crepes as something sweet, so I decided one day to try these vegetable crepes for breakfast in place of eggs.
What are crepes?
There are a variety of crepes such as sweet or savory crepes that are made using various batters from French pancakes. Crepes are popular all around the world for breakfast.
The crepe is a very thin pancake that is even bigger and lighter than American pancakes. This recipe can be classified as crepes, although these thin pancakes are commonly known as British or German pancakes and can be found in most European countries.
This pancake is ideal for holding many fillings and will be a delicious dinner, breakfast, or even dessert. You could have classic paper-thin French crepes as well, but I find that they’re a little too thin to hold this particular filling. If you’re going to make crepes, make them thinner and stuff them with less filling.
Breakfast items like eggs, bacon, and omelets are traditional choices. However, when you want something unexpected, savory crepes will do just fine. In this recipe, the filling is mostly vegetables and cheese, so it’s the best of both worlds.
If you want to serve it any way that you want, you can always experiment with the filling. This recipe for easy Crepes can be made without eggs by using vegetable oil as a substitute for the eggs.
How are Crepes and Pancakes different?
Pancakes and Crepes, both of which are popular breakfast recipes, differ slightly from one another in that the batter is slightly different for each of them. When compared to crepes, pancakes have a thicker and fluffier batter because of a raising agent.
The crepe, on the other hand, contains no raising agent in its batter, which makes it thinner and flatter.
Check out the Vegetable Cheese Crepes Recipe Video :
Crepes Ingredients :
- 1/4 cup – Apple sauce or 1 egg
- 200 ml – Dairy-free milk or plain milk
- 1/2 cup – Water
- 2 Tbsp – Coriander leaves
- 1 cup – All-purpose flour or wheat flour
- 2 Tbsp – Dairy-free melted butter or plain butter
- Salt to taste
- 1 Tbsp – Chopped garlic
- 2 medium – Onion finely chopped
- 2 or 3 – Chopped green chilies (as per taste)
- 1 big – Capsicum chopped
- 1 medium – Carrot grated
- 1/2 Tbsp -Turmeric powder
- 1/2 Tbsp – Cumin powder
- Salt to taste
- 1Tbsp – chopped coriander leaves
- 1/2 cup – Mozzarella cheese (You can take cheddar cheese also)
- 1 Tbsp – Red chilly Sauce
- 4 Tbsp – Cooking Oil
Apple sauce – A sauce of apples is called applesauce. Peeled apples or unpeeled apples can be used with or without spices, sweeteners, or salts. They can be used as substitutes for eggs. The reason applesauce can be used to replace eggs is because of pectin in the applesauce. Pectin acts as a binder as eggs do.
Milk – Use dairy-free milk if vegans like coconut milk or soy milk. You can use plain milk too if not vegan.
All-purpose flour – This helps in making crepes a little crispy but even whole wheat flour can be substituted for all-purpose flour for a healthier version.
Salted or Unsalted butter – Both give a great flavor to these crepes.
Vegetables – You can use your choice of chopped or grated vegetables like onion, bell peppers, green chilies, carrot, garlic, coriander leaves, etc to be used in filling.
Seasonings – We have used turmeric powder, cumin powder, black pepper powder(optional), and salt to taste.
Oil – Take any oil for shallow frying the crepes.
Red chilly sauce – This gives an extra spicy kick to the stuffing but if making for kids you can skip this too.
How To Make Vegetable Cheese Crepes Recipe Step By Step With Photo:
- For Crepe mix applesauce, milk, water, all-purpose flour, butter, and salt to taste in a large bowl till you get a smooth batter.
- Heat a non-stick pan and grease it with few drops of oil or butter. Pour batter into the pan and slowly rotate the pan in such a way that batter spreads evenly over the pan making thin crepes.
- Cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes then flip the crepe carefully and again cook for one minute on the other side.
- Take out crepes on a plate and cool before adding the stuffing. Keep aside.
- In a saucepan, heat oil and cook chopped garlic until it is lightly golden. Add chopped onions and green chilies and saute until transparent. Then add chopped capsicum, grated carrot, turmeric powder, cumin powder, and salt to taste. Fry the vegetables on medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Now add chopped coriander leaves. Add mozzarella cheese or any melting vegan cheese and saute well so that it mixes with all veggies and spices. Add 1Tbsp red chilly sauce and mix well. Do not add too much salt as Mozzarella cheese or any melting vegan cheese also contains salt.
- Switch off the flame. Mix everything together one more time. Remove from the pan and set aside to cool before using the stuffing. Take out on a plate and cool.
- Take a crepe. Place the stuffing in the center of the crepe and fold it all the way around. You can stick the edges with a mixture of All-purpose flour + water.
- Heat 2 Tbsp oil in a non-stick pan. Cook the crepe squares in a skillet until golden and crisp on both sides.
- Serve hot with ketchup.
Important Suggestion To Keep In Mind
- The batter can also be blended in a blender.
- You can use whole wheat instead of all-purpose flour for a healthier version.
- Use refined oil instead of plain butter.
- You can also use melted vegan butter
- Vegetables can be used of your choice.
- Use any vegan cheese or melted cheese for this recipe.
Keep the sweet Crepes simple and basic by serving with simple syrups like Honey, Maple Syrup, or Chocolate Syrup and Castor Sugar.
But if making savory crepes then with a little dollop of butter or grated cheese, serve the savory crepes on its own.
Vegetables such as mushrooms, baby corn, spinach, etc., can be served along with savory crepes.
You can store freshly-made batter in an airtight container in the refrigerator for approximately 24 hours. When your batter reaches room temperature, cook it only after you remove it from the fridge.
Store the stuffing in the fridge in an air-tight container. Take out and thaw for some time then reheat and then let it cool down then add as a stuffing in the crepes. You can store the stuffing for 2 days in the fridge.
Frequently Asked Question
What is the taste of these crepes?
In terms of taste, it’s much like a pancake, but thinner and crispier. It tastes a little sweeter and has a subtler egg flavor. It is dressed up with sweet and savory fillings to make it even more delicious.
The best pan to use for making these are?
It is possible to make perfect pancakes using these types of pans – non-stick, cast iron, ceramic, and stainless steel.
These can easily be prepared in this pan, but you will need a little practice to be able to complete them in the Stainless Steel Skillet.Print
Note: A rough estimate of nutrition is provided.
We Love to hear back from you and appreciate your success stories!
Have you tried this “Recipe”? Please feed us with your ★ star ratings and comments below.