The Crispy cheesy hash browns – Air Fryer Hash Browns are stuffed with melty cheese and just right for breakfast! For any occasion, they make a wonderful side dish!
Restaurant-style hashbrowns that are super simple. Soft, tender inside with a super-crispy exterior. Fits in well with most breakfasts. You won’t believe how easy and impressive these are!
Those who like vegan & vegetarian recipes can join my Facebook group World Best Vegetarian & Vegan Recipes.
Those of you who have been reading our blog for some time already know that we make videos for each recipe on our YouTube channel.
Some other recipes you would like on my blog – Veg Grilled Cheese Sandwich, Savory French Toast, Home Made Salad – Mediterranean Quinoa Patties & Hummus buddha bowl (Vegan And Gluten-Free), Vegetable Cheese Crepes.
At the end of this post is a recipe card and a disclosure of Amazon affiliate links.
Sharing is caring! LET’S BE FRIENDS ON PINTEREST! WE’RE ALWAYS PINNING TASTY RECIPES!
Have you ever used an air fryer? How do you like it? A potato hash brown is a tasty and easy dish that is also low in fat when it is air-fried. There are some tricks to getting crispy hash browns as well.
At least once in our lives, all of us had deep-fried hash browns, right? I have shown both the methods below are not deep-fried but pan-fried with little oil as well as air fryer without oil. But you can always enjoy deep-fried for that crispy texture which we will get in the air fryer method too.
Now you can get all that delicious crispiness with a lot less oil, and I even offer an oil-free option with an air fryer option.
In an air fryer, hot air is spun and cooked in the same manner as in an oven, except the process is faster. As a result, the result will be the same, but in a shorter amount of time.
Breakfast hash browns are the perfect side dish, and air fryer hash browns are incredibly crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. Due to its air circulation, the air fryer can produce the same crispiness as deep-frying without requiring as much oil.
It is easier to serve them when they are formed into patties.
These hash browns are,
- No eggs
- Freezer friendly
- Packed with vegetables
- Not greasy
- Yummy delicious!
- 8 to 10 medium – Russet Potatoes
- 6 slices- Vegan cheese or plain cheese
- 1/2 tsp – Garlic powder
- 1 tbsp – Onion powder
- 1 tsp- Black pepper powder
- 2 tbsp – Cornflour
- Salt to taste
Check out the Crispy Cheesy Hash Brown – Air Fryer Hash Browns Recipe Video:
How To Make Crispy Cheesy Hash Brown – Air Fryer Hash Browns Recipe Step By Step With Photo:
- Peel all the potatoes. With the help of the dicer, dice all the potatoes.
- Soak the diced potatoes in ice-cold water for 30 minutes. After 30minutes drain water and rinse under cold water.
- Heat water in a pan. In the boiling water, add all the diced potatoes.
- After 10 minutes take the potatoes into a bowl. Mash all the potatoes with the fork.
- Add cornflour, onion powder, garlic powder, black pepper powder, and salt.
- Mix everything together nicely. Keep them a little coarse, not mushy.
- Take a portion of mashed potatoes and shape them like hash brown on the parchment paper which we will be using in an air fryer.
- Another method is grease hands with water. Shape the hash browns with hands by pressing and we will fry them on the stovetop.
- On medium flame, fry both sides in a frying pan.
- Fold a cheese slice and place it on the hash brown.
- Now place one hash brown on the cheese slice hash brown. Fry and press it till you get the desired result. The stovetop method is ready.
- Air fry method, grease oil on the parchment paper place the two hash brown grease oil on the hash brown. Air fry hash brown on 200°C or 400°F for 20 minutes.
- Take them out and place a cheese slice in between the hash brown air fry at 180°C or 375°F for 2 minutes.
- Our cheese hash brown is ready to be served.
Important Suggestion To Keep In Mind
- Rinse the shredded potatoes thoroughly under cold running water after shredding. You can wash them off by placing them in a colander and running tap water over them.
- Again, ensure that the potato diced is thoroughly dried for maximum crispiness. Pour the liquid into a clean napkin and squeeze.
- Add cold water to the potatoes in a big bowl. Make sure to soak them for 20 – 30 minutes in cold water for best results.
- Pass through a sieve after removing from water. Using a paper napkin, wipe them clean.
- You can use a stovetop or air fry or oven for making these hashbrowns.
- Soaking and washing potatoes remove excess starch from them, which is really important. Too much starch will result in soggy and non-crispy potatoes. To get crispy hash browns, it is important to follow this step.
- Loved the idea of these tastier hashbrowns from Cook’s.
Bring the leftover hashbrowns to room temperature. Divide them into meal-size portions into separate containers or bags, freeze them, and then reheat them later.
In the oven: Put the aluminum foil on the hashbrowns and place them in the preheated oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit, keeping them covered. Ten minutes should be enough time to bake.
On the stove: Heat oil in a skillet and add salt & pepper to the hashbrowns. Fry for a few minutes until they brown and crisp.
Microwave-safe plate: distribute the hashbrowns evenly in the microwave. Heat for 60 seconds, flipping them over and then heating for another 60 seconds.
You can serve these crispy healthy air fryer hash browns when you are serving your favorite breakfast menu items, such as fluffy pancakes, crepes, and sandwiches.Print
Note: A rough estimate of nutrition is provided.
We Love to hear back from you and appreciate your success stories!
Have you tried this “Recipe”? Please feed us with your ★ star ratings and comments below.
*SOME OF THE LINKS IN THIS POST ARE AFFILIATE LINKS AND WE WILL RECEIVE A COMMISSION IF YOU MAKE A PURCHASE AFTER CLICKING ON OUR LINK. THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING OUR WORK HERE AT Pinchofflavours!