Air fried Paneer Bread Rolls | Paneer bread roll in air fryer – With just some bread slices and paneer (cottage cheese) filling, you can probably make bread paneer rolls in no time at all.
To make a nice snack for tea time, I often make this snack with different variations of paneer or tofu if vegan stuffed recipe and can be prepared within 25 minutes.
Those who like vegan & vegetarian recipes can join my Facebook group World Best Vegetarian & Vegan Recipes.
Those of you who have been reading our blog for some time already know that we make videos for each recipe on our YouTube channel.
Some other recipes which you may like on my blog are – Turkish Air Fried Borek | Vegan spinach and cheese rolls | Vegan snacks, Air-Fryer Asian BBQ Cauliflower Wings – Vegan Air Fryer Recipes, Home Made Salad – Mediterranean Quinoa Patties & Hummus buddha bowl (Vegan And Gluten-Free), Veggie Cheese Cake – Mix Vegetable Recipe.
Sharing is caring! LET’S BE FRIENDS ON PINTEREST! WE’RE ALWAYS PINNING TASTY RECIPES!
You can double or triple this bread roll recipe and bake or shallow-fry it. To shallow fry, I recommend not using brand new bread as it absorbs a lot of oil. Toast the bread slices on the Tawa lightly for a few minutes in order to remove excess moisture.
Overdoing it will result in very dry bread and it will not roll. My attention is focused on you, the folks who wrote asking for “recipes we can cook with kids” or “kid-friendly recipes,” etc. While I don’t have kids, I’ve never really tried this on them, but I can tell you this has a very positive impact on me.
As far as I can tell, this recipe is pretty much my own. The paneer used in this recipe can also be adapted, added to, subtracted from, and experimented with your own way to make it your own.
Do you know what bread rolls are?
People around the world generally picture a round roll of bread with butter and a dollop of a jam when they hear the term bread roll. Bread rolls in India are completely different from those in the United States.
A spicy potato filling is stuffed into slices of bread and rolled into either a cigar or an oval shape. Fried until crisp and golden brown, this roll is then served. These Indian snacks are best accompanied by a hot cup of ginger tea and green chutney, tamarind chutney, or ketchup.
This Indian bread roll is usually deep-fried, but I prefer air-frying it. But I will show both methods below.
Deep-frying versus air-frying
A convection oven is similar to an air fryer in its function. Food is cooked by circulating hot air around it instead of being submerged in hot oil as in deep frying.
Although deep frying is supposedly more healthful than air frying, contrary to popular belief, deep frying at home is not that bad. Deep-fried food is always greasy and oily – that is what we associate with it.
Despite that, things aren’t entirely as they seem. The right way to fry can result in crispy, delicious food that won’t soak up oil. In addition, air frying is a lot faster.
Because of the following reasons, air frying is my preferred method of cooking:
- It’s like baking in an oven – it’s relatively hands-free.
- Don’t worry about what to do with leftover oil from deep frying.
- Whenever I deep fry, I am afraid I might topple the wok or kadhai (I can be clumsy).
- Whenever I deep fry (especially in Canada), my entire home odors of oil for several hours afterward (yuck!).
- But in India, it’s okay because we are a big fan of deep-fried snacks though people are becoming health conscious day by day here but then also the traditional method of deep frying gives a perfect texture.
- 8 pieces – Bread
- 5 slices – Plain cheese or vegan cheese slice
- 8 slices – Paneer
- 2 tsp – Black pepper powder
- 2 tbsp – All-purpose flour
- Panko breadcrumbs
- Water as required
- Bombay sandwich chutney or any green chutney of your choice
- Date and Tamarind chutney or any red chutney of your choice
Check out the Air fried Paneer Bread Rolls Recipe Video :
How To Make Air fried Paneer Bread Rolls Recipe Step By Step With Photo:
- Take bread slices and cut all the edges. Take a rolling pin roll the bread slices till they are flattened.
- Make a slurry with all-purpose flour, black pepper powder, and add little water. Mix well and keep it aside.
- Apply a date and tamarind chutney and apply the Bombay sandwich chutney or green chutney. Spread it evenly. Spread it evenly.
- Put a cheese slice or vegan cheese slice sprinkle little black pepper powder on it.
- Put the Paneer or tofu slice on the side of the bread.
- Apply slurry on all sides.
- Roll the bread sides give it a nice shape
- Now apply slurry all over it. Coat them with panko breadcrumbs. Prepare all in the same way.
- Brush or spray them with little oil and put them in the air fry basket and then fry for 180°C or 360°F for the first 10 minutes. Then flip side and again air fry for 5 minutes at 360°F.
- Insert sticks on the bread roll while shallow fry them on Stovetop. Fry all sides evenly.
- Take outside after frying.
- Air fry version and stovetop version ready to be served.
Important Suggestion To Keep In Mind
- If you want Lightly roast in a pan until all sides are browned.
- Take stale bread for this recipe otherwise fresh bread absorbs much oil if deep frying or shallow frying.
- This bread paneer roll recipe can be made in under 15 minutes if you have paneer (cottage cheese) or tofu in the fridge.
- Garnish with green chutney or tomato sauce right away.
- You can take paneer that is cottage cheese or if you are vegan you can take tofu too.
- Take a vegan cheese slice or plain cheese slice.
- The edges of some recipes need not be trimmed. You can trim them off with a knife if they come off while rolling.
- If you do not have both the dips which I have used you can take any spread or dip you like to brush over the bread.
- Do you not possess an air fryer? Deep fry or pan fry the rolls until they are golden brown.
Serve with any dips or chutney you like and a hot cup of tea will be great.
I will not recommend storing them as they will become soggy. So try to consume it immediately after frying for that crispy texture. But yes you can store them in an air-tight container for 2 days.
You can deep fry them once they have come to room temperature so you can take them out of the refrigerator.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you bake this in the oven?
The oven should be preheated to 425F. Oil a baking sheet lightly by spraying or brushing. Baking bread rolls for 20-25 minutes, rotating halfway through, should be brushed with oil or sprayed lightly on the baking sheet.
What type of bread can be used?
It is better to take white bread or whole wheat bread but it should be one-day-old for better results as fresh bread if deep-fried will absorb more oil.Print
Note: A rough estimate of nutrition is provided.
We Love to hear back from you and appreciate your success stories!
Have you tried this “Recipe”? Please feed us with your ★ star ratings and comments below.