The Crispy cheesy hash browns – Air Fryer Hash Browns are stuffed with melty cheese and just right for breakfast! For any occasion, they make a wonderful side dish!
- Peel all the potatoes. With the help of the dicer, dice all the potatoes.
- Soak the diced potatoes in ice-cold water for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes drain water and rinse under cold water.
- Heat water in a pan. In the boiling water, add all the diced potatoes.
- After 10 minutes take the potatoes into a bowl. Mash all the potatoes with the fork.
- Add cornflour, onion powder, garlic powder, black pepper powder, and salt.
- Mix everything together nicely. Keep them a little coarse, not mushy.
- Take a portion of mashed potatoes and shape them like hash brown on the parchment paper which we will be using in an air fryer.
- Another method is grease hands with water. Shape the hash browns with hands by pressing and we will fry them on the stovetop.
- On medium flame, fry both sides in a frying pan.
- Fold a cheese slice and place it on the hash brown.
- Now place one hash brown on the cheese slice hash brown. Fry and press it till you get the desired result. The stovetop method is ready.
- Air fry method, grease oil on the parchment paper place the two hash brown grease oil on the hash brown. Air fry hash brown on 200°C or 400°F for 20 minutes.
- Take them out and place a cheese slice in between the hash brown air fry at 180°C or 375°F for 2 minutes.
- Our cheese hash brown is ready to be served.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.[equipments]
- Rinse the shredded potatoes thoroughly under cold running water after shredding. You can wash them off by placing them in a colander and running tap water over them.
- Again, ensure that the potato diced is thoroughly dried for maximum crispiness. Pour the liquid into a clean dishtowel and squeeze.
- Add cold water to the potatoes in a big bowl. Make sure to soak them for 20 – 30 minutes in cold water for best results.
- Pass through a sieve after removing from water. Using a paper napkin, wipe them clean.
- You can use a stovetop or air fry or oven for making these hashbrowns.
- Soaking and washing potatoes remove excess starch from them, which is really important. Too much starch will result in soggy and non-crispy potatoes. To get crispy hash browns, it is important to follow this step.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Appetizer, Breakfast
- Method: Air-fry
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 4 people
- Calories: 270Kcal
- Sugar: 1g
- Sodium: 594g
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 39g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 6g
- Cholesterol: 0g
Keywords: Vegan hash brown recipe, McDonald hash brown recipe