A healthy lunch box vegetable cheese crepes recipe that is easy to prepare with lots of vegetables, this dish is perfect for party preparations. You can add extra cheese to make it a meal in itself.
Crepes Ingredients :
- 1/4 cup – Apple sauce or 1 egg
- 200 ml – Dairy-free milk or plain milk/vegan milk
- 1/2 cup – Water
- 2 Tbsp – Coriander leaves
- 1 cup – All-purpose flour or wheat flour
- 2 Tbsp – Dairy-free melted butter or plain butter
- Salt to taste
- 1 Tbsp – Chopped garlic
- 2 medium – Onion finely chopped
- 2 or 3 – Chopped green chilies (as per taste)
- 1 big – Capsicum chopped
- 1 medium – Carrot grated
- 1/2 Tbsp –Turmeric powder
- 1/2 Tbsp – Cumin powder
- Salt to taste
- 1Tbsp – chopped coriander leaves
- 1/2 cup – Mozzarella cheese (You can take cheddar cheese also) or vegan mozzarella cheese
- 1 Tbsp – Red chilly Sauce
- 4 Tbsp – Cooking Oil
- For Crepe mix applesauce or egg, plain milk or vegan milk, water, all-purpose flour, butter or vegan butter, and salt to taste in a large bowl till you get a smooth batter.
- Heat a non-stick pan and grease it with few drops of oil or butter. Pour batter into the pan and slowly rotate the pan in such a way that batter spreads evenly over the pan making thin crepes.
- Cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes then flip the crepe carefully and again cook for one minute on the other side.
- Take out crepes on a plate and cool before adding the stuffing. Keep aside.
- In a saucepan, heat oil and cook chopped garlic until it is lightly golden. Add chopped onions and green chilies and saute until transparent. Then add chopped capsicum, grated carrot, turmeric powder, cumin powder, and salt to taste. Fry the vegetables on medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Now add chopped coriander leaves. Add mozzarella cheese or vegan mozzarella cheese or any melting vegan cheese and saute well so that it mixes with all veggies and spices. Add 1Tbsp red chilly sauce and mix well. Do not add too much salt as Mozzarella cheese or any melting vegan cheese also contains salt.
- Switch off the flame. Mix everything together one more time. Remove from the pan and set aside to cool before using the stuffing. Take it out on a plate and cool.
- Take a crepe. Place the stuffing in the center of the crepe and fold it all the way around. You can stick the edges with a mixture of All-purpose flour + water.
- Heat 2 Tbsp oil in a non-stick pan. Shallow fry the crepe squares on both sides till golden and crisp.
- Serve hot with ketchup.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- The batter can also be blended in a blender.
- You can use whole wheat instead of all-purpose flour for a healthier version.
- Use refined oil instead of plain butter.
- You can also use melted vegan butter
- Vegetables can be used of your choice.
- Use any vegan cheese or melted cheese for this recipe.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stove-Top
- Cuisine: French
- Serving Size: 4 people
- Calories: 475kcal
- Sugar: 10g
- Sodium: 365mg
- Fat: 25g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 50g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 12g
- Cholesterol: 220mg
Keywords: Crepes, Vegetable cheese crepes