Cream Cheese Bombay Sandwich | Vegan Grilled Sandwich is a healthy Bombay sandwich that consists of generous amounts of spicy cilantro-mint chutney and thinly sliced veggies between soft bread. The healthy Bombay sandwich consists of thick slices of vegetables, vegan cheese slices, along with vegan cream cheese and spicy cilantro-mint chutney sandwiched between soft bread.
You can join the group if you like all of the vegan & vegetarian recipes that I post on the blog then please feel free to join my Facebook group World Best Vegetarian & Vegan Recipes. That group will have an extensive collection of vegan & vegetarian recipes from all around the world.
A hassle-free, tasty snack to enjoy any time of the year, this Indian vegetarian sandwich is loaded with the goodness of fresh veggies, making for a satisfying bite.
An Indian street food classic, the Bombay Sandwich is a grilled plant-based snack, stuffed with boiled Potato, cucumber, beetroot slices, and other veggies, making it the best vegan sandwich ever! It’s also an easy vegan sandwich to make in 15 minutes!
Also cherry on top I have shown delicious sandwich masala along with this sandwich which made this sandwich seriously The Best!!!!
Cream Cheese Sandwich is a savory treat that is great for kids as well as adults. Cream Cheese Sandwiches are great for the afternoon snack and are perfect for kids’ lunchboxes.
You may also like some other snack recipes on my blog –Vegetable Cheese Crepes, Chili Cheese Toast – Air Fryer Spicy Cheese Toast, Spinach Corn Sandwich Recipe, Foccacia Recipe (Whole Wheat) – Tomato & Olive.
Sharing is caring! LET’S BE FRIENDS ON PINTEREST! WE’RE ALWAYS PINNING TASTY RECIPES!
Almost like the American peanut butter and jelly sandwich, the green chutney sandwich in India is the perfect tea-time snack. It’s an unassuming finger sandwich that’s ready in minutes and best served with a steaming cup of chai.
The sandwich is used on road trips, as a breakfast or school lunch box, as a quick snack before your commute home, and not a single Indian I have met hasn’t had or had some form of green chutney sandwich.
Almost every home makes green chutney differently and has it as a staple condiment. It is essentially similar to a pesto made of cilantro and mint.
It’s the perfect type of fast and healthy food, not only healthy, but also no hassle, no more work, and full satisfaction. I made this version by adding fresh green spinach and veggies, and I’m in love!
This Indian-style club sandwich is among the most popular street foods of India. I have been in love with it for a long time. I had it pretty much every day during my college years!
The Sandwich Masala used in this Bombay street food transports you to a popular Mumbai street. I was there in Mumbai for 6 years and this sandwich is one of my most favorite street food.
About Cream Cheese Bombay Sandwich | Vegan Grilled Sandwich
Cream Cheese Bombay chutney sandwich is one of the most popular Indian street foods. Vendors traditionally layer steamed potatoes, cucumbers, tomatoes, and onions in this sandwich. I just added an American touch by adding Vegan cream cheese. You can also use plain cream cheese if not vegan.
Almost everyone loves this simple sandwich. It’s full of crunchy cucumbers, onions, tomatoes, and mild spices that is sandwich masala made at home with ingredients available in our pantry.
A special spice mix, known as Sandwich Masala, is used to spice up Mumbai-style sandwiches, giving them a unique tangy taste. A small jar of this masala is what I usually keep in my pantry so I can sprinkle it on my veggies whenever I grill them.
A popular Indian street food, the club sandwich is made using Indian ingredients and it has been one of my favorites since I was in college. I had it almost every day during my college years!
The word summer vacation appeared in so many of my posts recently! And this recipe was a tribute to our family holiday!! This kid-friendly sandwich will be a hit with everyone, especially if the chopping is done for them.
One of my favorite snacks is a Bombay Sandwich, so my friends and I would always make a stop at this food joint next to our college after a long day before heading home.
This sandwich is a hit as it is,
- Quick and easy to make
- No-fuss meal
- Plant-based snack
- 8 slices – Wholewheat bread
- 12 pieces – Spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup – Onion chopped
- Vegan butter/butter as required
- Vegan cheese/cheese as required
- 3 tbsp -Vegan cream cheese/ plain cream cheese
- 1 – Beetroot sliced
- 2 – Potato boiled sliced
- 1- Tomato sliced
- 1 – Cucumber sliced
- 4 tbsp – Green chutney
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp – Cumin seeds
- 2 tbsp – Fennel seeds
- 2 tsp – Whole black pepper
- 1 inch – Cinnamon
- 3 – Cardamom
- 1 tbsp – Chaat masala
- 1 tbsp – Dry mango powder/ amchur powder
Bread – If you want to make this with any type of bread, whether it’s white milk bread, brown bread, or even whole wheat bread, you can.
Vegetables – In this recipe, I added boiled potatoes, cucumber slices, beetroot slices, tomato slices, and spinach leaves. Lemon zest provides a lemony flavor or lime juice will also do.
Cream Cheese – In addition, I use vegan cream cheese, which played a crucial role in creating a delicious sandwich. It tastes like heaven!!! otherwise, you can go with full-fat cream cheese if not vegan.
Sandwich Masala – Dry roast 2 tbsp – Cumin seeds, 2 tbsp – Fennel seeds, 2 tsp – Whole black pepper, 1 inch – Cinnamon, 3 – Cardamom, 1 tbsp – Chaat masala, 1 tbsp – Dry mango powder/ amchur powder
Green chutney – 2 cups tightly packed coriander leaves (cilantro leaves) – chopped, 2 green chilies – chopped, 1/2 inch ginger – chopped (optional), 1/4 to 1/2 tsp lime juice or add as per taste, 1/2 tsp cumin powder, 1/2 tsp chaat masala, 1/2 tsp salt or as required, 1 to 2 tsp water. After grinding green chutney is ready.
Butter – You can use plain butter or vegan butter as per your choice.
Cheese slice – You can use any processed cheese slice or vegan cheese slice as per your preference.
Check out the Cream Cheese Bombay Sandwich | Vegan Grilled Sandwich Video :
How to make Cream Cheese Bombay Sandwich | Vegan Grilled Sandwich step by step with photo:
- Take a pan, add cumin seeds, fennel seeds, whole black pepper, cardamom, and cinnamon. On medium heat dry roast them for 2
- In a grinder, add all the roasted spices, add chaat masala powder, dry mango powder/ amchur powder, and salt. Grind them into a coarse powder. Sandwich masala powder is ready.
- Take 3 slices of bread. Take one slice of bread put green chutney and with the help of a knife spread the chutney evenly on the bread. Take another slice of bread put vegan cream cheese spread it evenly with a knife. Take another slice of bread put vegan butter spread it evenly with a knife.
- Take the green chutney bread place boiled slices of potatoes. Sprinkle sandwich masala on the potatoes. Place slices of tomato. Then slices of cucumber. Sprinkle sandwich masala powder. Add one slice of cheese. Place the buttered side of the bread on the cheese slice.
- Now put green chutney on the bread and spread evenly with a knife. Place the beetroot slices. Place chopped onion or onion slices. Sprinkle sandwich masala. Place spinach leaves. Put the slice of cheese. Then put the cream cheese slice bread.
- On the top of the bread spread vegan butter or plain butter evenly. Take a grill pan and grease butter with a brush on it also to make it extra buttery. Place the buttered side bread on the grill pan. Apply butter evenly on the top of the bread. Fill the other side sandwich carefully with the help of two laddle and grill it.
- Prepare all the Sandwiches. Ready to be served.
Important Suggestion To Keep In Mind
- As per your preference, you can add other vegetables like avocado, spinach, and boiled potatoes.
- Veggies can be added or omitted according to your preferences.
- This recipe is best when made with white bread, although any soft bread will work, white bread is the most preferred.
- Stack the veggies neatly by thinly slicing them.
- Make sure your tomatoes are ripe and firm.
- If you like, sprinkle a pinch of salt and chaat masala on top for enhanced flavors.
- The bread’s sides can be cut into pieces if they are stiff, or you can simply discard them.
- Pack cucumbers and tomatoes separately when packing for a picnic to avoid getting the sandwiches too soggy. Adding them to your food before you eat is best.
- If you choose to toast or grill the sandwich, you can do so.
- In addition to the green chutney, pesto sauce or hummus can be substituted, and bell pepper slices can also be added to the veggies.
- To boost the flavors of a sandwich without sandwich masala, sprinkle some black salt on it.
- It’s also crucial to prepare and serve them freshly otherwise they may become soggy.
You can have this sandwich as it is. No side dish is required as such but if you want you can serve some chips as per your choice with them.
For a rather crispy sandwich, layer the cucumber and tomato slices separately so they do not get soggy when you eat them. This way you can keep the sandwich stored for a day.
But it’s always better to consume it right away and fresh to get all the nutrients from the veggies.
Note: A rough estimate of nutrition is provided.
We Love to hear back from you and appreciate your success stories!
Have you tried this “Recipe”? Please feed us with your ★ star ratings and comments below.