Samosa With Olives And Peas Patties – Air Fried are colorful fried potato, corn, olive, and pea samosa patties, with a vibrancy of fresh ginger, garlic, and green chiles, are simply a filling without its fried outer crust.
Those who like vegan & vegetarian recipes can join my Facebook group World Best Vegetarian & Vegan Recipes.
Those of you who have been reading our blog for some time already know that we make videos for each recipe on our YouTube channel.
Thinking about the most favorite Indian snack with tea, I remembered how much I enjoyed pea and potato samosas.
You have already heard how boring veggie burgers can be so now you get to try these tasty Samosa patties. These easy-to-build patties with olives twist can be made ahead of time and cooked when you’re ready to eat.
Are you ready for samosas that are vegan, gluten-free, and healthier?
You may also like some other snack recipes on my blog – Vegetable Cheese Crepes, Vegan Spanish Spinach Croquettes – Air Fried, Air Fryer Cucumber Fritters, Chili Cheese Toast – Air Fryer Spicy Cheese Toast.
Sharing is caring! LET’S BE FRIENDS ON PINTEREST! WE’RE ALWAYS PINNING TASTY RECIPES!
There are samosa stands in every nook and corner of India, all over the country. Not only are they street food, but they are also favorite tea-time snacks, party appetizers, and get-together must-haves.
This Samosa With Olives And Peas Patties – Air Fried is ready within half an hour! It’s crunchy on the outside, bursting with flavor. Impress your guests with this tasty party snack that’s easy to make. This snack is perfect with some tea or chai.
I remembered when I used to work with the Aditya Birla group back in Kolkata there was a samosa and tea stall on the roadside and every evening with my colleague used to enjoy samosa with tea. Yes, almost every day. Almost today also unable to resist samosa.
Samosas enclose a thick dough and are then deep-fried, so I decided why not give this favorite dish a twist with the goodness of olives and air fry or shallow fry them without the thick dough on the outer layer without compromising on the taste much and fewer calories too.
These were just as satisfying as the real thing, but they are a little bit healthier because the dough wasn’t so thick and also not soaked up all the grease.
I made these for my sister, and she and I both devoured them. They practically went from the pan into our mouths. Gone. 🙂
About Samosa With Olives And Peas Patties – Air Fried
This Samosa With Olives And Peas Patties – Air Fried are delicious, a little spicy, vegan, and gluten-free. You’ve probably got all the ingredients already! I’ve painstakingly folded for hours into pastry dough, for parties and other celebrations, spiced potato and pea filling, dough, triangle shapes, and all the rest–except they were going to be baked, not fried.
Take that plan out of the picture, everybody. Let’s make the spiced potato and olive with pea and corn filling, shape like a patty -like rounds, pan-fry or air fry or bake ’til golden, and serve with the complimentary sauce? What do you think? You got this!
This Samosa With Olives And Peas Patties – Air Fried,
- Easy to make at home
- Crispy + Flaky
- Perfect for rainy days
- Perfect to serve in your tea parties
- 4 to 5 – Boiled potatoes
- 3 tbsp – Frozen corn
- 1/2 cup – Frozen Peas
- 1 – Onion chopped
- 2 tbsp – Green olive chopped
- 2 tbsp – Black olive chopped
- 2 tbsp – red jalapeno
- 1 tbsp – Vegan butter
- 1 tbsp- Garlic chopped
- 1 tbsp – Ginger chopped
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp – Turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp – Black pepper powder
- 1 tsp – Garam masala powder
- 1 tsp – Cumin powder
- 1 tsp – Cumin seeds
- 3 to 4 – Green chilies chopped
- Coriander chopped
- All-purpose flour/ Gluten-free flour for coating
Outer crust – If you are making patties, all-purpose flour (maida) or any gluten-free flour, salt, and black pepper powder are all you need for the outer layer (crust).
The masala is made by boiling potatoes in a mixture of cumin seeds and garlic, adding ginger, green chilies, coriander leaves, and salt. The result is a spicy potato pea filling, which makes these samosas almost irresistible.
It also uses other spices which are optional like including Kasuri methi, red chili powder, coriander powder, pomegranate seed powder (anaradana/ pomegranate powder), garam masala powder, black pepper powder, and dry mango powder. The quantity of each spice can be adjusted to your liking.
Depending on how spicy you want your masala to be, you can adjust the number of green chilies as well. The taste will be more refreshing if you use fresh coriander and mint leaves instead of black and wilted ones.
Check out the Samosa With Olives And Peas Patties – Air Fried Video :
How To Bake, Toast, or Air fry Samosa With Olives And Peas Patties – Air Fried?
Any number of methods can be used to make Samosa Olive Patties in the oven, air fryer, or on the stovetop.
Oven method – If you desire to create these delicious patties by baking them in the oven, pre-heat the oven at 400 degrees F for 5 minutes. Simply arrange all the patties in a baking sheet and bake at 400 degrees F for about 15 minutes.
Watch the patties while they cook. As soon as the patties turn light golden brown, turn the oven off and transfer them to plates.
Air-fry Method – Air-frying samosa olive patties normally takes about 20 minutes, depending on thickness, type of coating, and thickness. I suggest that you cook them for 10 minutes, adding a few minutes for crispier edges.
You can spray a little oil on the patties and put them in the air fryer for about 10 minutes at 350 degrees F, then flip them over halfway through and spray with a little olive oil, then cook for another 10 minutes at 350 degrees F.
Stove Top Method – There is also the stovetop method, which is very simple. Simply add a little oil and then place the patties, which have been coated in gluten-free flour with salt and black pepper powder, over a hot skillet. Fry for 10 minutes until golden brown on all sides.
Why should I use an air fryer for these patties?
Air-frying food is healthier because it’s non-stick and takes a lot less effort than deep frying. You only have to drop the food into hot oil, carefully remove it, and drain it… and repeat the process again.
These Samosa Olive Peas Patties made in the air fryer are,
- Easy & Quick
- Perfect for munchies
Can You Cook Without An Air Fryer?
The patties only require a few drops of oil to cook in a skillet, and you can cook them until they’re done.
Frying on a skillet on the medium flame will take about 10 minutes for frying 4 patties at a time. In an air fryer, it took me about 20 minutes.
How To Make Samosa With Olives And Peas Patties – Air Fried Recipe Step By Step With Photo:
- Chop the red jalapeno, black olives, and green olives.
- On low flame, take a frying pan add vegan butter, add cumin seeds, ginger chopped and garlic chopped. Keep stirring till the raw smell goes away.
- Add onion chopped, sautee till translucent. Add green chilies chopped, frozen corn, frozen peas, red jalapeno chopped, black olives chopped, and green olives chopped. Mix well.
- Add all the mashed potatoes, add turmeric powder, cumin powder, and salt to taste. Stir fry. Mix everything together.
- With the help of the masher mash the potato mixture.
- Add garam masala powder and coriander leaves chopped. Mix well. Turn off the gas and take it out on a plate and let it cool.
- Mix black pepper powder and salt with all-purpose flour.
- Take some filling to give them a round flat shape just like a patty. Take patty and dust flour mixture on both sides of the patty. Prepare all patty in the same manner.
- In an Air fryer, place parchment paper. Grease oil on the parchment paper. Place patty on the air fryer. Grease oil on the patty (optional).
- Set the air fryer 350 degrees F or 200° C depends on your air fryer. Set timer for 10 to 15 minutes.
- You can also shallow fry the patty in a pan. Heat 1 tbsp refined oil in a pan when it smokes add the patties and fry each side for 3 minutes on medium flame. Turn over and fry the other side. Take out from the pan.
- Now take out from the air fryer and flip gently as they r soft. At 350 degrees F air fry them for another 10 minutes.
- Take them out. Ready to be served.
Important Suggestion To Keep In Mind
- Before making the filling, let the potatoes cool for at least 3 to 4 hours.
- There are no nuts or dairy in the recipe.
- Spices should be adjusted to suit your palate and preferences.
- The samosa patties should always be cooked on medium heat until crispy. Once they are cooked, increase the heat for the final 1-2 minutes for a lovely brown hue.
- Add fresh corn, peas instead of frozen ones depends on the season.
- Add carrom seeds to the filling which helps indigestion.
- To ensure even cooking and browning, make sure you don’t overcrowd the basket or layer the cutlets one on top of the other.
- Make sure your Air Fryer (similar to an oven) is preheated at least 5 minutes before you place anything in it.
Make sure to serve a hot cup of chai on the side along with the Indian Mint Coriander Chutney and Sweet Tamarind Chutney or just ketchup or any kind of your favorite dip.
Chaat can be made by crushing the samosa patties a bit, mixing the yogurt with the sweet tamarind chutney, mint coriander chutney, and topping with finely chopped onions, finely chopped coriander leaves, and very finely chopped sev.
Squeeze some lime juice, sprinkle chaat masala, and red chili powder.
The samosa patties are prepared and then frozen for an hour on a tray. After an hour, they can be placed in zip-lock freezer bags and frozen.
Samosas patties that have not been consumed yet can be wrapped in aluminum foil or plastic wrap and refrigerated using oxygen-free conditions for up to 2 days. They can be re-heated in a 350 F oven or the air fryer.
The samosas can be frozen in single layers on a sheet pan and then refrigerated for up to 1 month. Put them at room temperature when you are ready to fry them.
Frequently Asked Question
Are samosa patties freezer-friendly?
The first 8 patties were fried in the air and the remaining six pieces were frozen and fried the next day. Thaw completely before applying/spraying oil and air frying.
Since I usually make 14 samosa patties for a family of two to last for a couple of days, I freeze them for at least 4 to 5 days.
Do Air Fried Cutlets reheat well?
I recommend using the air fryer instead of the microwave to avoid the leftover cutlets becoming soft. Heat up the Air fryer, throw few pieces in, brush oil, and then air fry for a few minutes, sizzling as if they had been fried.
Are Fried patties exactly the same as Air Fryer patties?
Fried Air Fryer snacks have a layer of cornflour or bread crumbs on the outside that makes them extra crispy but I have not used either of the ingredients but do not worry these are delicious and guilt-free snacks! I always suggest serving Air Fryer snacks piping hot to get the best results!Print
Note: A rough estimate of nutrition is provided.
We Love to hear back from you and appreciate your success stories!
Have you tried this “Recipe”? Please feed us with your ★ star ratings and comments below.