Spinach Corn Sandwich Recipe | Corn spinach sandwich | spinach and corn sandwich is a delicious breakfast and can be incorporated into kids’ lunchboxes. I’ve been making it for a few years now, and we love it. The recipe can be a natural and healthier version with some small alterations.
Those who like vegan & vegetarian recipes can join my Facebook group World Best Vegetarian & Vegan Recipes.
Those of you who have been reading our blog for some time already know that we make videos for each recipe on our YouTube channel.
Feel free to serve this tasty and nutritious sandwich as an after-school snack or in your kid’s lunchbox. It is packed with wholesome ingredients and will please even the pickiest eaters.
This sandwich has fresh spinach and sweet corn that is cooked in a cheesy sauce made from mixing flour and milk. Spinach and corn is quite a popular combination and it is my favorite in curries.
A sandwich made from slices of bread and stuffed with spinach and corn and Plain or vegan mayonnaise and if you would like to add a plain or vegan cheese slice then it is a healthy and delicious snack that goes well with evening tea.
Sandwiches are easy to make, tastes great, and are easy to carry. Everyone enjoys a gourmet sandwich, no matter their age.
Sandwiches are a substantial dish that can be enjoyed for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. This Veg Mayonnaise Sandwich is easy to make and full of all the goodness of vegetables. It is the perfect breakfast option that can be made in a flash.
Sharing is caring! LET’S BE FRIENDS ON PINTEREST! WE’RE ALWAYS PINNING TASTY RECIPES!
You can buy the ingredients in local stores and make them at home, even with your kids. My family makes sandwiches very frequently, either for morning meals or evening snacks. It’s not right to have too much cheese in the filling, however, you can add some grated cheese or cheese slices before grilling them.
Even those who do not like spinach would enjoy eating this sandwich! It’s an easy sandwich to make, and also a super healthy way to get your greens!
It is true that cheese will make people eat things they would not normally eat! I used one cheese slice per sandwich, but you could also cut the slices into half and make two sandwiches at once if you want to shave off some of the cheese. You could also use grated cheese here.
You can make it in a matter of minutes and it’s easy even for kids to make it. Having the kids make their own sandwiches is actually an enjoyable activity for them.
Various sandwiches can be made based on different ingredients. Therefore, I keep preparing new sandwiches so that nobody becomes bored with one particular sandwich.
About Spinach Corn Sandwich
You’ll find that a mozzarella cheese Spinach corn sandwich recipe is a great way to start your day since it’s packed with healthy vegetables and soft mozzarella. This recipe is easy to make, too – take 20 minutes, and you’ve got yourself a delicious breakfast or snack in 20 minutes.
Several simple changes enable this sandwich to be customized to suit everyone’s taste. If you need to veganize it, replace butter with oil or eggless mayonnaise.
Breakfast is incomplete without sandwiches. I often make sandwiches when I feel like making parathas is an over-exertion. I fix simple sandwiches and call it a day.
This vegetarian cheese sandwich shows that sandwiches do not have to be bland just because they are quick and easy to prepare thanks to the great ingredients you can use. The filling is extremely hearty and tasty.
Next time you need to make a sandwich, try this recipe, it will be worth it. I’m sure your kids will enjoy every mouthful of this yummy sandwich.
In the meantime, please accept my good wishes – “Bon Appetit!”
Benefits of Spinach?
A healthy diet that includes spinach boosts your immune system and fights chronic illnesses. Furthermore, spinach is full of iron, calcium, magnesium, etc., while its fat content is very low.
Diabetic patients still benefit from it as it lowers their blood glucose levels. In addition to cancer prevention, spinach may also help the prevention of asthma.
Also, Spinach is beneficial to our hair and skin. Therefore, these days people, it is advisable that you consume more spinach, whether in the form of soup, salads or even with a nice twist of cuisine like me.
This sandwich is,
- Sweet corn and spinach are a great combination.
- This recipe combines black pepper and red pepper flakes for a taste that’s a bit spicy.
- If you want them super cheesy or make it your choice
- Easy to prepare
- Prepared in a jiffy.
- Great for picnics or lunch boxes.
- A vegan version is possible
- 20 gms – Salted Butter/Vegan butter
- 4 slice – Whole wheat or multigrain bread
- 2 slice – Cheese slice/ Take vegan cheese slice
- 1 tsp – Garlic chopped
- 100 gms – Sweet corn/ frozen corn
- 200 gms – Spinach chopped
- 1 tbsp – All-purpose flour/ Almond flour/ Topiaca flour
- 100 ml- Milk/ Soy or coconut milk if vegan
- 1/2 tsp – Salt
- 1 tsp – Black pepper powder
- 1 tsp – Red chilly flakes
- 20 gms – Mozzarella cheese grated or any vegan cheese grated.
Bread – Almost any type of bread will do, whether it’s white milk bread, brown bread, or even whole wheat bread.
All-purpose flour- Add all-purpose flour or if making it vegan please substitute with almond flour or tapioca flour.
Vegetables – Here I have added spinach leaves you can take baby spinach too.
Mayonnaise – To make extra creamy I suggest using full-fat mayonnaise to get the best taste from this sandwich. You may also use flavored mayo for this sandwich for added taste. Use eggless mayo if vegan. It’s optional though.
Butter – Toast the sandwich a bit with butter so that it tastes even better. Use vegan butter if making it a vegan sandwich.
Seasonings – You can add simple seasonings to the vegetable mixture, such as black pepper, red chili flakes, and salt, depending on your taste.
Cheese slice – I added processed cheese to the bread to add some gooey goodness. Although you can use any cheese you like, I suggest using the Colby Jack, Pepper Jack, Gouda, or cheddar cheese.
How To Make Spinach Corn Sandwich Recipe Step By Step With Photo:
- Warm a pan and add vegan butter or salted butter as per your preferences.
- After the butter melts add chopped garlic. Saute till the raw flavor goes away.
- Now add corns and saute for 30 seconds.
- Now add chopped spinach and cook for 5 minutes on medium flame.
- Now add all-purpose flour or almond flour or tapioca flour it’s your choice.
- Mix everything nicely.
- Now add milk. Coconut milk or soy milk if vegan.
- Now add 1/2 tsp salt as spinach already has salt content and we will be adding cheese too so be careful on salt.
- To this, you should add the red chilly flakes and Black pepper powder.
- Now add mozzarella grated cheese or any vegan cheese grated and mix well till it melts.
- Once you have cooked for two minutes, switch off the flame.
- Take two bread slices you can take whole wheat or multigrain bread. Put cheese slice on each bread slice.
- Then add the corn spinach mixture we prepared and spread over the cheese.
- Put another bread slice on top of it.
- Grease a grill pan or normal pan as you like with butter or vegan butter.
- Toast both sides on medium flame. Then flip and grease the other side with butter with the help of a brush.
- Press with laddle so they get the clear grill mark on the bread slice.
- Serve hot immediately.
Important Suggestion To Keep In Mind
- If you would like a healthy version you can use whole wheat or almond flour in place of all-purpose flour.
- Grill or toast the bread if you want it hot or crunchy. But if you prefer it soft, do not toast it.
- It is recommended to use oil and butter to make the stuffing and to reduce the amount of cheese to half. However, I do bet the stuffing will still be delicious.
- Italian seasoning is sometimes added to give the mixture a twist.
- If you want an even spicier version, simply sprinkle some chili flakes on top after spooning the filling.
- Vegetables of your choice can be added.
- Additionally, cooked pasta can be added to spinach corn filling.
- Use any vegan butter instead of normal butter to make it vegan and also use coconut or soy or almond milk instead of normal milk.
- Flavored mayonnaise can be used in place of plain mayonnaise.
You can serve these tasty sandwiches with fresh juice like watermelon juice or orange juice. Or you can serve it with tea or coffee of your choice.
If you’re making sandwiches indoors, you should not leave them out for more than 4 hours after making them. But if you are in a cold region then it might stay longer for more than 1 hour after that it starts to become soggy.
In conclusion, the sandwich must be served immediately after it has been grilled on a tawa if you want it to keep its crispness, otherwise, it may turn soggy and look unpleasant later.
So I will recommend consuming it within 5 hours of making.Print
Note: A rough estimate of nutrition is provided.
We Love to hear back from you and appreciate your success stories!
Have you tried this “Recipe”? Please feed us with your ★ star ratings and comments below.