Vegan Chilly Garlic Noodle this Chinese food is one of our favorite foods. We love those spicy and chili noodle dishes at Chinese restaurants. This dinner is perfect for weeknights because it’s filled with tons of garlic and the kick of the chili.
Try this the next time you feel like having a spicy dish. With this recipe, the noodles are stir-fried with chilies, garlic, and a lot of vegetables. It is a sure-fire way to satisfy your taste buds.
Easy and quick to make, this recipe takes under 20 minutes to prepare.
Some of the Vegan recipes which you may like on my blog – Vegan Thai Salad With Peanut Dressing Recipe, Mooli Capsicum Paratha – Radish Bell peppers Paratha, and Vegan Stuffed Bell Peppers.
At the end of this post is a recipe card and a disclosure of Amazon affiliate links.
Sharing is caring! LET’S BE FRIENDS ON PINTEREST! WE’RE ALWAYS PINNING TASTY RECIPES!
About Vegan Chilly Garlic Noodle
It is one of the most popular noodle recipes in Indo-Chinese restaurants. Chilli Garlic Noodles is a simple recipe, yet extremely flavourful.
Served with tasty dipping vegan sauces, vegetables, it’s a spicy dish you’re sure to love. Garlic, onion, bell peppers, tamari sauce, and garlic give it its rich taste.
Vegetable noodles are one of my favorites! Especially the wheat noodles. I try to avoid making noodles with Refined flour ones.
The sauces enhance the original flavor of the noodles, while the red, yellow, and green bell peppers provide just the right amount of a hint. Some use dry red chilies also. I thought to skip that and add these nutritious bell peppers instead.
There are also options for those who do not eat vegetarian food. You can make Non-Vegetarian Noodles by simply adding some chicken or prawn pieces to them.
This Vegan Chilly Garlic Noodle is,
- Easy to make
- Favorite among kids
- Great for potlucks
- Loaded with vegetables
Why these vegan chili garlic noodles are the best spicy Asian noodle ever!
- It’s super quick and easy, full of nutrients, and tastes divine too! Definitely, the healthiest and cheapest way to eat noodles.
- The recipe is absolutely vegan and nut-free. The recipe itself is rather straightforward and simple.
- The garlic flavor is pungent and burnt while tasting great.
- A hot and sweet flavor is given to it by chili peppers or bell peppers.
- Making it is easy, you only need a few ingredients.
- Veggies of any kind can be used or even prepared without them.
- You can make this recipe in 20 minutes. Best instant noodles you have ever had.
- This Asian noodle dish is excellent and delicious, mouthwatering, and delectable.
Noodles – For this dish, I used wheat spaghetti noodles, but you can choose any noodles to make it. You may use gluten-free noodles instead. Cook the noodles according to the instructions.
Vegetables – There is no shortage of vegetables in this dish, particularly bell peppers, cabbage, and green onions. Various vegetables can also be added to this dish, such as broccoli, zucchini, bok choy, sprouts, and greens. I used only 3 vegetables like red, yellow, and green bell peppers, cabbage, and green onions for garnishing.
If you want a little protein with your noodles, you can add Tofu if vegan or Paneer.
Garlic – The main flavor here is garlic, so you should use a lot of it.
Additional Ingredients – We will also need dry red chilies (optional), green onions, green, red, and yellow peppers, vinegar, black pepper powder, red chili sauce, green chili sauce, salt, and tamari sauce if vegan or soy sauce.
Oil – I used sesame oil as it gives an authentic Asian flavor.
How to make Vegan Chilly Garlic Noodle Recipe step by step with photo:
- Warm the water in a pan to bring it to a boil. Put the wheat noodles in boiling water as per the manufacturer’s instructions until they are 85% cooked. Then add little salt and oil. When done drain the water.
- Now wash the noodle with room temperature water.
- Transfer into a bowl after washing. Then add oil and mix well.
- Heat sesame oil in a frying pan. Add garlic, fresh chilies chopped (optional), onion, and bell peppers, and saute for two minutes on high flame. If you want to add red chilly you can also add in the first place.
- Add tamari sauce or soy sauce. Add tomato ketchup. You can add red chilly paste also according to your spice level. Put the ingredients in a pot and sauté in a high flame for 2 minutes.
- Now add salt, black pepper powder, vinegar, red chili sauce (optional), and green chili sauce(optional) and mix well.
- Give everything a final mix and saute for 1 minute. Add the boiled noodles as per your pan size and mix well.
- Now mix everything well. Saute for 1 minute and it’s ready. Adjust salt and pepper if needed.
- Turn off the gas and transfer to a serving bowl and sprinkle black or white sesame seeds. Serve hot.
Important Suggestion To Keep In Mind
- The number of sauces used can be increased or decreased. As I used only tomato ketchup. You can use green chilly sauce.
- The vegetables can be loaded with as many as you wish. Thinly slice the vegetables rather than chopping them if possible. Don’t cook the vegetables too much. You want them crunchy and not soggy. It’s best to cook them at a high temperature to keep the crunch.
- You should not overcook the noodles, as they become sticky and taste bad when they’re cooked too long; you can find Hakka noodles at any Indian grocer or on-line.
- The best to make these noodles in a wok or cast iron pan is to keep the ingredients ready beforehand and cook them on high heat.
- I used spaghetti wheat noodles for this recipe you can use them of your own choice.
- Add spice level according to your choice. As I like less so I skipped a maximum of sauces. But you guys can always include.
The spicy Garlic Noodles can be eaten as a complete meal because they contain vegetables, making it a nutritious meal.
Nonetheless, if you need something to serve it with for brunch or on the weekend, you can try one of my favorite gravies with it – Orange Chicken Recipe (Panda Express Copycat), Sesame Chicken Meat Balls.
You can extend the longevity of these noodles in the fridge for about 2 to 3 days by storing them in an airtight container.
The noodles should be heated in a little sesame oil in the pan, with 2 tablespoons of water in the pan mixed with them. Cover and let them heat on low for 3 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally to make sure they’re heated evenly.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which noodles are best to make this recipe?
There are many different kinds of noodles you can use for this dish. Although some people use Hakka noodles, sometimes I use Maggie too.
Alternatively, you can prepare this recipe with rice or whole wheat thin noodles, or even simple chow mein or egg noodles.
Would it be a good idea to cook my noodles beforehand?
Getting the noodles boiled a minute before tossing them with sauce and vegetables is easy. Just throw them together with a bit of oil if you want them to keep for a while.
Is this recipe vegan?
The dish is vegan, and you can get the ingredients to include them in a vegan diet. Just make sure that the noodles are vegan as well.
Can I use MSG in these noodles?
Chinese food includes noodles that are usually cooked in MSG, Ajinomoto, or a similar flavor enhancer.
If you are not allergic to MSG, you can add it to these noodles. It gives the noodles a very nice flavor because of a lot of umami taste.
Chilli Garlic vs Hakka Noodles
Restaurants serve both types of noodles, but they are very different in their taste and flavor. However, Hakka noodles contain no dry red chilies, while Chilli Garlic Noodles use it. Both noodles use their own unique sauces.
Chilli Garlic Noodles, are simple stir-fried noodles, use soy sauce or tamari sauce, red chili sauce, and green chili sauce while stir-frying, while Hakka Noodles use only dark soy sauce and red chili sauce, while stir-frying.Print
Note: A rough estimate of nutrition is provided.
We Love to hear back from you and appreciate your success stories!
Have you tried this “Recipe”? Please feed us with your ★ star ratings and comments below.
*SOME OF THE LINKS IN THIS POST ARE AFFILIATE LINKS AND WE WILL RECEIVE A COMMISSION IF YOU MAKE A PURCHASE AFTER CLICKING ON OUR LINK. THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING OUR WORK HERE AT Pinchofflavours!