These vegan chilly garlic stir fry noodles are prepared in 20 minutes and taste like takeout! Just add 8 ingredients to this dish to make these spicy, garlicky & delicious chili garlic noodles.
- 200gms – Wheat Spaghetti Noodles or noodle of your choice
- 1 tsp – Salt
- 1 tbsp – Sesame oil
- 2 tbsp– Sesame oil
- 3 tsp – Garlic (Finely chopped)
- 4to5 – Dry Red Chillies
- 1/2 cup – Green onion for garnishing
- 1/2 cup – Cabbage chopped or sliced
- 2 tsp – Green Chillies (Chopped) optional
- 1/2 cup – Yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 cup – Red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup – Green bell pepper
- Salt (to taste)
- 1 tsp – Black Pepper Powder
- 1 tbsp – Vinegar
- 2 tsp – Red Chilli sauce (Optional)
- 1 tsp – Green Chilli sauce (Optional)
- 1 tbsp – Tomato ketchup
- 1 tbsp – Tamari sauce if vegan or soy sauce
- Water for boiling
- Warm the water in a pan to bring it to a boil. Put the wheat noodles in boiling water as per the manufacturer’s instructions until they are 85% cooked. Then add little salt and oil. When done drain the water.
- Now wash the noodle with room temperature water.
- Transfer into a bowl after washing. Then add oil and mix well.
- Heat sesame oil in a frying pan. Add garlic, fresh chilies chopped (optional), onion, and bell peppers, and saute for two minutes on high flame. If you want to add red chilly you can also add in the first place.
- Add tamari sauce or soy sauce. Add tomato ketchup. You can add red chilly paste also according to your spice level. Put the ingredients in a pot and sauté in a high flame for 2 minutes.
- Now add salt, black pepper powder, vinegar, red chili sauce (optional), and green chili sauce(optional) and mix well.
- Give everything a final mix and saute for 1 minute. Add the boiled noodles as per your pan size and mix well.
- Now mix everything well. Saute for 1 minute and it’s ready. Adjust salt and pepper if needed.
- Turn off the gas and transfer to a serving bowl and sprinkle black or white sesame seeds. Serve hot.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.[equipments]
- The number of sauces used can be increased or decreased. As I used only tomato ketchup. You can use green chilly sauce.
- The vegetables can be loaded with as many as you wish. Thinly slice the vegetables rather than chopping them if possible. Don’t cook the vegetables too much. You want them crunchy and not soggy. Cook them on high heat to keep the crunch.
- You should not overcook the noodles, as they become sticky and taste bad when they’re cooked too long; you can find Hakka noodles at any Indian grocer or on-line.
- The best to make these noodles in a wok or cast iron pan is to keep the ingredients ready beforehand and cook them on high heat.
- I used spaghetti wheat noodles for this recipe you can use them of your own choice.
- Add spice level according to your choice. As I like less so I skipped maximum of sauces. But you guys can always include.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Stir - Fried
- Cuisine: Chinese
- Serving Size: 4 people
- Calories: 300Kcal
- Sugar: 7g
- Sodium: 310mg
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 49g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 9g
Keywords: Vegan chilly garlic noodle, chilly garlic noodle, noodle