Orange Chicken Recipe is now up on my blog. When I was in US, Panda express orange chicken was a regular order as they were super crispy. But since I do not get Panda Express here, after a few searches online and recipe trails got an recipe that I like. It was so delicious crispy, savory, tangy and sweet so a must try.
Orange chicken a great meal idea for weekend. For some reason I was craving for this particular orange chicken so tried my hands on them and surprisingly this was the best orange chicken I ever had better than take out meal.
About Orange Chicken
A flavorsome, tasty citrus chicken recipe with flavors redolent with orange chicken can beat any popular restaurant in the mall. This orange chicken is inspired by panda express. It is a very easy, quick, sinful and delicious. Guys, skip the take out and make it at home believe me its easy, all you need is forty minutes from start to finish distinguished with its orange flavored sauce has spawned several copy cat recipes. Its purely American invention, orange chicken is one of the most Chinese dishes in america. Chinese inspired dishes are among-st those that get me dribble. Just by looking at them. There is something so tempting, succulent about that lusturious shine of sauce covering our humble chicken. There is one huge differences in this chicken recipes. Be it General Tso chicken or sesame chicken. In all this recipes chicken is involved that is breaded fried and coated in a sauce. The important role is played by the sauce.
Health benefits of Orange Chicken
The meat is prepared in the same way, however in General Tso chicken the sauce is chilly based usually spicy. Also, sesame chicken is similar as well. Orange chicken is usually has a lighter color, its little more sweet. It usually doesn’t include spice factor. It contains a combination of orange juice which is rich in vitamin C, Folate, potassium, anti oxidants (improves heart health, prevents kidney stones and decreases inflammation). So really a lot of this dishes are quite similar the difference is how u make the sauce.
How to Store Orange Chicken
You may store in the refrigerator usually an air tight container I would recommend using fridger friendly dish that is air tight.
Important Suggestions To Keep In Mind
- Chicken thighs, they are more soft succulent, tender the chicken breast stand of well cooking over a high heat without drying them but u can replace them with chicken breast.
- Wok is best to cook this recipe
Check out Orange Chicken Recipe video :
How to make Orange Chicken step by step with photo
1. On a cutting board, cut chicken into 1 inch cubes and set aside. In a mixing bowl, combine salt, white pepper, cornstarch, and all purpose flour and whisk to combine. Add the egg, water, and oil until it reaches the consistency of a thick batter. Keep in mind there should be no lumps.
2. Add the chicken to the batter, cover it with a cellophane paper and refrigerate it for 30 minutes.
3. Heat oil in a wok or frying pan. Gently add the chicken and cook for 5-6 minutes until lightly golden brown.
4. Transfer the chicken from the pan to a kitchen towel plate. Set a frying pan over medium high heat and add the oil.
5. Once the oil begins to shimmer, add the red pepper flakes, ginger, and garlic, and cook for 30 seconds. Keep stirring.
6. Add the sugar and brown sugar, and stir to combine. Add white vinegar and orange juice and stir occasionally.
7. Add in soy sauce and stir to combine. Add the cornstarch and water together and whisk to combine. I added only 2 tbsp of the liquid mixture. Stir.
8. Continue to cook the sauce until a little thick consistency is achieved. Add in the fried chicken and combine until they are coated well in the sauce.
9. Top with sesame oil and mix well.
10. Toss with sesame seeds if you like and Serve hot.