Vegan Chickpea Tikka Masala – Instant pot healthy recipes | vegan meals are a simple pressure cooker recipe for Tikka masala. Options for saute pan. Add veggies and chickpeas for a freezer-friendly dish. Nut-free Gluten-free Soy-free
In 30 minutes, you can make this creamy, rich curry and serve it with Basmati rice or Naan Flatbread.
A delicious (and vegan!) recipe for Chickpea Tikka Masala hits the spot when you’re in the mood for Indian food. Add fresh cilantro to the rice and serve with it!
Those who like vegan & vegetarian recipes can join my Facebook group World Best Vegetarian & Vegan Recipes.
Those of you who have been reading our blog for some time already know that we make videos for each recipe on our YouTube channel.
You may also like some other snack recipes on my blog – Paneer Butter Masala Restaurant Style, Instant Pot Vegan Tuscan Spinach Rigatoni, Dal Palak Instant Pot | Spinach And Lentil Recipe, Paneer Tikka Kachumber Salad.
Sharing is caring! LET’S BE FRIENDS ON PINTEREST! WE’RE ALWAYS PINNING TASTY RECIPES!.
There’s a lot of sauce and spices here, so you’ll like how delicious and saucy it is! Frankly speaking the day I made it and when distributed with my friends downstairs they told me I have given them a small quantity of this and they want more. and believe me, I distributed the whole batch I made without keep for myself. Feels good isn’t it?
It’s not good for me to admit this because I’m a food blogger, but we have an ordering issue. Quite often, we order dinner from the dining room.
You don’t want to have a cold dinner delivered to your door after cooking for the blog all day, do you? Therefore, I created a healthier version of my favorite Indian dish, tikka masala, to save you a little bit of time!
The dish is called Vegan Chickpea Tikka Masala. You’ll love its coconut creaminess and perfect spice, all while being vegan.
Just like paneer tikka masala make this chickpea tikka masala.
About Vegan Chickpea Tikka Masala – Instant pot healthy recipes
I’m one of those who love medium spicy curries when it comes to vegan lunches because they’re simple to make and incredibly delicious. When my fridge ran out of paneer and peas, I cooked this chickpea masala instead, using the same sauce that I have recently made Matar Paneer (green peas with paneer cheese).
I thoroughly enjoyed it and found it to be absolutely amazing.
I learned that this dish is popular among both vegetarians and vegans after I made it. After that, we have made this curry one of our family’s favorites. The meal is delicious and filling at the same time.
Because chickpeas are a high protein source, one would feel full with just one serving. I tried it many times in my kitchen and was reminded of its excellent quality. A coconut milk dish combined with tomatoes and spices is so tasty and warming.
Those who haven’t experienced garam masala for the first time will discover that it combines pepper, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, cardamom, and cumin. In one bite, it’s savory and sweet. The recipe can also be made in 30 minutes with a pot.
- 2 cup – chickpeas (soaked overnight)
- 2 medium – Onion chopped
- 1 cup – 1/2 cup tomato sauce and
- 1/2 cup tomato puree
- 1 cup – Green bell pepper chopped
- 3 – Green chili chopped
- 1 cup – Coconut milk
- 1 tbsp – Curry powder
- 1 tbsp – Garam masala powder
- 1 tsp – Black pepper powder
- 1 tbsp – Cayenne pepper or Kashmiri red chili powder
- 7 cloves – Garlic chopped
- 1 tbsp – Ginger paste
- 2 tbsp – Olive oil
- Salt to taste
Chickpeas – (also called garbanzo beans). Fresh or canned beans are both acceptable.
Tomatoes – If you want to make it easier, use diced tomatoes, or use 1/2 cup pureed tomatoes, along with tomato ketchup. In the event that you don’t like tomato chunks, you can use 28 oz. Canned crushed tomatoes. This is up to you.
Onion – One large onion is a little more convenient than two small onions in the original recipe. You may also use 2.
Garlic – I prefer to use minced garlic adjust the quantity as needed.
Ginger – A bit of grated or minced fresh ginger is a nice touch.
Garam masala powder – As the name suggests, Garam Masala is a blend of Indian spices, such as coriander, cumin, cinnamon, cardamom, black pepper, and cloves. The combination gives the dish a lot of flavors.
Turmeric – The yellow spice’s aromatic scent and flavor add depth to a dish.
Cayenne pepper or Kashmiri red chili powder – Cayenne should be used in the right amount. If you like it spicy, you can use up to 1 teaspoon of cayenne, but I think 1/2 teaspoon is a reasonable amount, or if you want to color your gravy, then use 1 tablespoon of Kashmiri red chilly powder.
Coconut Milk – It can be full-fat or low-fat.
Olive oil – I used a light flavored olive oil, but coconut oil or any oil you like will do. If you wish to make this oil-free, saute it in 1/4 cup of water or vegetable broth.
Salt – Among my favorite salts, I really love Himalayan pink salt, because it contains essential minerals and trace elements that are not found in other salts.
Check out the Vegan Chickpea Tikka Masala – Instant pot healthy recipes Video :
How To Make Vegan Chickpea Tikka Masala – Instant pot healthy recipes Step By Step With Photo:
- Take an instant pot, Sautee mode on for 25 minutes. Hot mode on. Add olive oil, add garlic minced fry till the raw smell goes away.
- Add onion chopped sautee till translucent. Add ginger paste. Mix well.
- Add green chilly chopped, green bell pepper chopped. Sautee for 1 minute. Add tomato sauce and tomato puree. Mix well.
- Add salt according to taste. Add curry powder, black pepper powder, and garam masala powder. Mix well.
- Add soaked chickpeas. Mix well. Add water. Close the lid. Turn the valve to sealing. Press cancel. Pressure cook for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes press cancel. Let the pressure release completely and the red plug goes down. Open the lid.
- Sautee mode on. Add coconut milk. Stir well for 5 minutes. Press cancel.
- Take it out in a bowl. Vegan Chickpea Tikka Masala ready to be served.
Important Suggestion To Keep In Mind
- You shouldn’t rush it. In order to make the most intense and delicious sauce, you should really let the onions simmer, bringing out their sweetness.
- The leftovers should be saved. Overnight, the spices develop even more in leftover chickpea tikka masala, so the leftovers taste phenomenal the next day.
- Rather than cooked chickpeas here, I pre-soaked them overnight. Alternatively, you can add the chickpeas to the sauce and set the PRESSURE COOK time to 10 to 20 minutes if you want extra smooth chickpeas.
It is best served with a grain such as basmati rice, cilantro-lime rice, brown rice, or quinoa.
Naan bread can be served as a side dish. Slice some tomatoes and add chopped cilantro for a fresh touch.
Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for 5 – 6 days, if they are in a covered container. In the freezer, Chickpea Tikka Masala keeps well for 2 – 3 months! These freezer-friendly meal prep containers are perfect for freezing soup.
For larger portions, you may freeze them in large ziplock bags. Put the food in the microwave or on the stovetop to reheat. You can have it for lunch the following day with homemade Vegan Naan on the side to soak up the juices.Print
Note: A rough estimate of nutrition is provided.
We Love to hear back from you and appreciate your success stories!
Have you tried this “Recipe”? Please feed us with your ★ star ratings and comments below.