One of the foremost famous Turtle Cookies – Homemade cookies is here on my food blog. Once I first tasted them in Toronto I became an enormous fan of those cute cookies jam-packed with caramel, chocolates, pecans mainly or almonds in absence of pecans astray. Their cute appearance melts my heart whenever I saw them.
I have used eggs in this recipe but for vegans and vegetarians just replace them with applesauce or mashed banana and for coating use water or coconut plant-based milk, it will equally delicious.
Those who like vegan & vegetarian recipes can join my Facebook group World Best Vegetarian & Vegan Recipes.
Those of you who have been reading our blog for some time already know that we make videos for each recipe on our YouTube channel.
These are, cross my heart are absolutely one among the tastiest cookies I’ve ever had.
The most fun part of these cookies is that I made them in the microwave in two minutes and wallah they were ready during a jiffy.
You may also like some other drinks recipes on my blog – Tofu Tikka Masala Pulao | Tofu Tikka Pilaf, Instant Pot Vegan Tuscan Spinach Rigatoni, Dal Palak Instant Pot | Spinach And Lentil Recipe, Chickpea Hummus.
Sharing is caring! LET’S BE FRIENDS ON PINTEREST! WE’RE ALWAYS PINNING TASTY RECIPES!
Combination Of Turtle Cookies
Turtle cookies are delicious chocolate cookies, rolled in pecans or almonds, crammed with creamy silky caramel. It really tastes like heaven.
Turtle is a really powerful word that suggests can even cause love.
Ummmmmmmm. The chocolate drizzle actually makes everything great here. A nutty treat perfect for your next cookie exchange during Christmas.
My Experience With Turtle Cookies
I made them on a big day on one of my best best friend’s birthdays. Once I presented her with this relish I cannot express in words how her eyes were sparkling. She actually screamed seeing them in happiness. It’s hard to share.
After all, the chocolate drizzle on these turtle cookies adds a gorgeous touch on top of this smooth silky caramel.
When in Toronto annually I want to await Christmas evening where we a gaggle of friends wants to exchange cookies and that I want to bake myself and my friends want to go gaga over these.
This was actually successful among my friends. These are very easy to form.
About Turtle Cookies
Turtle cookies are cookies made from pecans generally alongside silky caramel also some chocolate sauce drizzled on top.
These cookies are often stored in an air-tight container for 5 days once cooled in the refrigerator.
These cookies are so decadent! Awesome!
Any chocolate lover will go crazy over these delicious cookies.
What utensils to use?
You will need a baking tray with butter papers. A spatula for mixing ingredients together. A sieve to sift the flour.
Hand mixer does wonders so it’s a requirement in your kitchen accessories.
The cooling rack is going to be great if you’ve got those in order that once we drizzle those chocolate sauce looks amazing.
Important Suggestions To Keep In Mind
- The cookie dough should be chilled enough as we do not want sticky balls to make from it.
- Instead of 1 egg yolk just add 1/4 cup of apple sauce or mashed ripe banana if you are vegan or vegetarian.
- If possible give two hours of chilling.
- Better to melt caramel candy for that smooth silky texture.
- Better to melt some chocolate in milk to urge that silky smooth texture.Note: I even have used caramel syrup also as a chocolate sauce to save lots of while and energy.
- After you’re taking out your cookie dough from the refrigerator confirm to form it sit for ten minutes in order that the dough isn’t very hard.
- Two minutes are enough for baking five cookies at a time quite it’ll make them rock hard.
- A chewy texture is great for these turtle cookies.
- Preheat oven to 350 F degree and do not forget to use parchment paper or silicone baking tray if using the oven. Bake for 10-15 min each batch.
- After removing from microwave or oven make certain you wear gloves take care to not burn your hand because the tray is quite hot.
- After removing remember to chill on the tray itself before transferring them to the cooking wire.
- Store these cookies in an airtight container at temperature for five days.
Check out Turtle Cookie Video Recipe
Best Serving Tips
Drizzle warm caramel and chocolate syrup or melted caramel or chocolate over the cookies for best results.
Serve them warm they taste awesome.
How to bake in Oven?
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and place a parchment sheet on a baking tray.
Bake each batch for 10-12 minutes just until they set.
Keep an eye fixed to not overtake them.
How To Make Turtle Cookies Step By Step With Photos
1) Take a bowl and add all-purpose flour, cocoa powder, and salt. Mix everything well and keep aside.
2. Take a bowl and add butter, sugar and then mix well with the help of a hand mixer or whisker. Then add an egg yolk or 1/4 cup of apple sauce if vegan or vegetarian (keep the egg white aside for later use), milk, vanilla essence. Now with the help of a hand mixer mix very well.
3. Now with the help of a strainer sift the flour into the mixture in the mixing bowl which we prepared.
4. Now mix everything well till we get a hard dough. Now keep the dough in the fridge for 1-2 hours to chill.
5. Now beat the egg white very nicely with the help of a fork, but if vegetarian or vegan just take any plant-based milk. Take out the dough after 2 hours and scoop a small portion make a small ball from the dough with the help of hands as shown in the video.
6. Then dip the ball in egg white or coconut milk coat it and then dip in chopped pecans or almonds. Coat well.
7. Now prepare all balls like this and keep them on parchment paper or butter paper on a microwave plate.
7. Now with the help of a spoon you can make a hole in the middle by pressing.
9. Now bake in the microwave for 2 minutes. Take out now fill the middle with caramel syrup in the middle and chocolate syrup in zigzag form as shown in the video.
10. Decorate and enjoy these tasty turtle cookies without any delay.Print