Ganesh puja is around the corner so I will be able to be preparing a series of modak’s for my most favorite Ganpati Bappa. So to start with I have prepared Paneer Modak Recipe. Since childhood I used to be an enormous fan of Ganu bhahiya as I call him as he’s always there to take care of me my firm belief. So whenever Ganpati puja comes its very emotional time on behalf of me and my family. What I can atleast do for my ganpati bhahiya is to serve and treat him together with his favorite modak’s. It’s the auspicious moment of Bappa’s arrival. And i have prepared the most easiest and quickest of all that is Paneer modak or malai modak.with just 4 ingredients and in just 10 minutes.
Modak could also be a really traditional recipe mainly made during Ganesh puja and in Mumbai kinds of Modak’s are prepared specially you will get differing types of modak’s outside Sidhivinayak Mandir. That’s my most favorite place to travel to monthly once I used to be there in Mumbai. Then once I shifted to Canada from there also I used to visit I India there was never a miss to travel to Sidhivinayak Temple to travel to Bappa. So whenever I visit i make sure to get varieties of modak’s for myself, friends and relatives from there. This Paneer Modak Recipe is really very easy and taste is so great that you will be tempted to make them again.
Important suggestion to keep in mind
- Paneer should be fresh homemade or bought from market. Don’t use the chilled one from fridge it will create problem while shaping.
- You can take any milk powder.
- Chill paneer modak in fridge for delightful taste as room temperature modak will be very soft.
About Paneer Modak
Traditional Modak takes tons of your time to urge prepared and hard which needs expertise.That is why this year I came up with paneer modak which may be prepared in 10 minutes which does not require any quite cooking on oven. Here we take fresh paneer made reception otherwise you can purchase from market too and blend them with few ingredients and its able to be served to Ganpati Bappa. Today’s world is sort of busy so we do not want to miss our chance to please Bappa So this recipe is sort of a winner.
There are other varieties of modak’s like Kaju Modak, Mawa Modak, Baked Modak, Fried Modak, Steam modak and Dry Fruit Modak. I will soon come up with all these kind of modak’s here in my blog.
What utensils to use
The most important utensil used in paneer modak recipe is Modak mould which you’ll get easily online or any general super store. We get different mould’s to form this modak so you’ll choose of your choice.
Check Out Paneer Modak Recipe Video :
Serving Suggestion :
Paneer modak is extremly soft and fragile in room temperature so its better to relax them for an hour then consume for that great taste. But if you would like them to melt in your mouth then its enough to relax them for quarter-hour.
How to store them
Its better to store them during a chrome steel or glass container and store them in refrigerator they’re going to be good till 6 days.
How to make Paneer Modak Step By Step Photos :
1.Take 200 grams grated paneer home made for from market. 2. Add 2 tbsp powdered sugar.
3. Add 6 tbsp milk powder.
4. Now mix everything well.
5. Now add 1 tbsp milk with saffron strings in them for flavor.
6. Now mix them nicely. And if you feel your dough has become very soft then add 2 tbsp more milk powder and adjust the dough. Dough should be not so soft and not so hard.
7. Dough is ready.
8. Now divide this dough in two portion.
9. Now add 2 different gel food color I have used Yellow and Pink color. You can get this gel food color online very easily.
10. Now mix both dough nicely with food color. One drop of gel food color each is enough.
11. Now crush almonds, cashew and pistachio and mix all.
12. Take a modak mould you can get them online very easily.
13. Now grease the mould with ghee.
14. Now add dough in all the three portions of the mould as shown below.
15. Add mixed dry fruit stuffing in middle of the dough by pressing it.
16. Now close the mould and remove the excess dough outside of the mould.
17. Now demould the modak and remove carefully as its soft so handle with care.
18. Now garnish with dried rose petals, safron strings, dry fruits which ever you like and then best is to chill in fridge for 15 minutes.
19. Now serve this super tasty and delicious modak to Ganpati bappa and you too enjoy.