With roasted eggplant and lentils, this Lentil and Roasted Eggplant Salad is brimming with flavor, texture, and healthiness.
Grilled eggplant has a soft, almost melt-in-your-mouth interior and a grilled, slightly crispy exterior.
With softly cooked green lentils, fresh tomatoes, fiery peppers, and plenty of fresh herbs, you can make a salad that will knock your socks off. Combine them together and you’ve got yourself a killer salad!
Those who like vegan & vegetarian recipes can join my Facebook group World Best Vegetarian & Vegan Recipes.
Those of you who have been reading our blog for some time already know that we make videos for each recipe on our YouTube channel.
At the end of this post is a recipe card and a disclosure of Amazon affiliate links.
Sharing is caring! LET’S BE FRIENDS ON PINTEREST! WE’RE ALWAYS PINNING TASTY RECIPES!
About Lentil and Roasted Eggplant Salad
To infuse lentils with flavor, they are cooked in an aromatic broth. Plump, beautifully caramelized eggplants roasted until they’re soft and melt-in-your-mouth, with a garlicky lemon dressing. It is flavorful, nutritious, and filling and it keeps well too!
I probably didn’t mention it, but it is just downright delicious 😊.In a salad, lentils are best when they still have a bit of bite, otherwise, they become mushy and not-so-delicate.
This Aubergine salad is proof that salads don’t have to be boring. Every mouthful is filled with savory flavors, crunchy textures, and spiciness.
This delicious eggplant salad is perfect for all seasons. This salad has a spicy flavor that adds a touch of heat and hints heavily at Moroccan flair. Creamy grilled eggplants and fresh tomatoes give the salad a cooling edge. A smoky, deep, and richly flavored salad.
In this recipe, the eggplant really is the star…not that I mean to take anything away from the lentils (because they will likely be some of the tastiest quick ‘n easy braised lentils you’ve ever had), but just look at that eggplant!
This salad is a big winner because,
- Crispy, soft, nearly melt-in-your-mouth creamy eggplants, fresh tomatoes, and meaty lentils provide a variety of textures.
- Simple to prepare
- There are only a few main components in this recipe.
- Spicy tastes abound
- At the same time, it’s warming and chilling.
- nutrient-dense and well-balanced
- Contains a lot of plant-based protein
- Salad recipe that is sure to please.
- Free of soy
- 2 medium – Eggplant (Diced)
- 1 cup – Green lentil (soaked)
- 1 cup – Broccoli florets
- 100 gm – Spinach leaves
- 7 pieces – Cherry tomatoes (cut in halves)
- 1/2 cup – Green bell pepper (chopped)
- 1/2 cup – Coriander leaves ( chopped)
- 2 stick – Celery sticks
- 3 tbsp – Lemon juice
- 1 tsp – Black pepper powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 – Bay leaf
- 1 Glass – Vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp – Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp – Dried Rosemary
- 1/2 cup – Vegan Feta cheese
- Water as required
- 3 tbsp -Olive oil
Check out the Lentil and Roasted Eggplant Salad Recipes Video:
How To Make Lentil and Roasted Eggplant Salad Recipes Step By Step With Photo:
- Wash the green lentils and let them soak for half an hour (optional). Then drain out the water.
- Now heat a pan and add the washed lentils and add 3 cups of water and then add 1 cup of vegetable broth.
- Now add celery sticks and bay leaf.
- Add dried rosemary. Mix everything nicely.
- Cover and cook for 20 minutes on medium flame till the lentils are cooked
- Now for salad dressing: Take a jar and add lemon juice. Now add olive oil, dijon mustard sauce, and salt to taste.
- Add black pepper powder.
- Cove the lid.
- Shake the jar nicely.
- Salad dressing is ready.
- In a baking tray add the diced eggplant.
- Sprinkle black pepper powder, salt to taste, and olive oil.
- Now bake at 400 degrees F for 20 minutes till crisp and golden.
- Now open the lid and Let’s check after 25 minutes lentils are done.
- Now with a spoon check lentil is a little mushy or not. If it is done then drain out the water.
- Now take out the celery and bay leaf.
- Check the roasted eggplants after 20 to 25 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan on medium flame.
- Now add broccoli and saute for 3 minutes. Add bell peppers.
- Saute for 1 minute on medium flame.
- Add spinach leaves and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add cherry tomatoes..
- Saute for 2 minutes on medium flame. Now turn off the flame and keep it aside in a bowl.
- Now assembling: Add the cooked lentils to a bowl. Add the cooked vegetables.
- Mix it nicely.
- Add parsley or chopped coriander leaves and mix properly.
- Take it out on a serving plate. Now add roasted eggplants to the salad.
- Now drizzle salad dressing on the salad.
- Now add vegan feta cheese crumbles.
- Delicious Roasted eggplant lentil salad is ready to eat.
Important Suggestions To Keep In Mind
- As they hold their shape well when cooked, green or brown lentils work well here. I’ve also tried French lentils (Puy lentils) and they worked great too.
- It is not recommended to use red or yellow lentils as they become too soft (they are best used for curries like Dal.
- If using CANNED LENTILS, drain and rinse them, then heat them briefly in the microwave. Put some dressing over the lentils (hot lentils soak up flavor better), stir, and let it marinate for a couple of hours. Prepare the recipe as directed.
Stays good for 2 to 3 days! It does get sweaty with eggplant (it’s a juicy vegetable, so it’s inevitable! ), but it’s still an amazingly “meaty” and satisfying salad. If you want to warm it up a little, just bring it to room temperature and toss it well. You may need to squeeze a little lemon over it.
It’s a salad worthy of serving as a main dish. There is enough to feed four adults with normal appetites or three adults with very large appetites. With a side of hot, freshly baked bread (with butter slathered on top), it would certainly fill you up. You can also stuff the salad with flatbread!
Some other easy air fryer snack recipes you would like on my blog – Thai Salad Cucumber Vegan, Russian Salad (OLIVIER SALAD), Mexican corn salad – Roasted corn salad mexican, Home Made Salad – Mediterranean Quinoa Patties & Hummus buddha bowl (Vegan And Gluten-Free).
Note: A rough estimate of nutrition is provided.
We Love to hear back from you and appreciate your success stories!
Have you tried this “Recipe”? Please feed us with your ★ star ratings and comments below.