It is the perfect summertime salad thanks to its refreshing taste and distinct taste of Thai salad cucumber vegan. For the best Thai cucumber salad ever, you only need cucumbers, crunchy peanuts, a hint of chili, and a few other ingredients you can easily find. This recipe for an easy Thai cucumber salad is packed with sweet, sour, and savory notes that produce a very flavorful, zingy, and super addictive chilled salad. I’m sure you’ll love this one – read on. You’re pretty much guaranteed to be the only one bringing this tangy, sweet, and spicy cucumber, cilantro, and peanut salad to picnics or potlucks since it doesn’t need to be refrigerated.
Those who like vegan & vegetarian recipes can join my Facebook group World Best Vegetarian & Vegan Recipes.
At the end of this post is a recipe card and a disclosure of Amazon affiliate links.
Sharing is caring! LET’S BE FRIENDS ON PINTEREST! WE’RE ALWAYS PINNING TASTY RECIPES!
About Thai Salad Cucumber Vegan Recipe
Cucumber salad is an authentic Thai side dish that can be eaten on its own during a mid-day pick-me-up, as a party starter, or as a side for almost any meal. Cool off with this refreshing salad.
Spices and aromatic ingredients play a significant role in Thai cuisine, which is known for its flavourful preparations. Thai cuisine is renowned for its flavor, color, and texture. Thai cuisine relies on a balance of flavors to be successful. The recipe for Thai cucumber salad demonstrates this balance.
- 300 gms – Cucumber Sliced or 2 medium cucumbers
- 1 medium – Onion chopped
- 4 tbsp – Peanuts roasted
- 1 tbsp – Olive oil
- Pink salt to taste
- 1 tbsp – Coriander leaves chopped
- 2 tbsp – White Vinegar
- 4 cloves – Garlic (minced)
- 1 tbsp – Sweet Thai Chili Sauce
- 2 tbsp – Lemon juice
Check out the Thai Salad Cucumber Vegan Recipe Video:
How To Make Thai Salad Cucumber Vegan Recipe Step By Step With Photo:
- To roast peanuts, place them in a wok over low heat. Peanuts should be roasted until golden brown, stirring constantly. This should take between 5 and 8 minutes. Remove the wok from the heat and set the peanuts aside to cool. Note that if you leave them in the wok, the residual heat will continue to brown them. Crush them roughly once they’ve cooled completely or you can keep them as it is. Place aside.
- Garlic should be fried in a wok over medium-low heat. When the oil is hot, add the chopped garlic for 2 to 3 minutes on low flame, stir and cook until golden brown and evenly colored. Now add the sliced onions and fry on medium heat for 5 minutes. Set aside to cool after removing from the wok. Keep in mind that the garlic will continue to color as it cools.
- Pour vinegar into a small glass dish to make the dressing or sauce. Combine the powdered sugar (optional) and sweet Thai chili sauce in a mixing bowl. To combine, stir thoroughly. Save the dressing.
To make the cucumber salad, place the cucumber slices in a large glass, wooden, or non-reactive metal bowl.
Fresh coriander leaves, chopped shallots, fried garlic, saved sauce, and crushed toasted peanuts are all added to the salad. Toss everything together thoroughly. Place in the refrigerator for half an hour to chill or you can serve them as it is when prepared.
- Remove the bowl from the refrigerator and serve the Thai cucumber salad. Toss the salad again with salt to taste. Sliced red chilies (optional) may be garnished on top of the salad bowl.
Some other recipes you would like on my blog – Veg Grilled Cheese Sandwich, Savory French Toast, Home Made Salad – Mediterranean Quinoa Patties & Hummus buddha bowl (Vegan And Gluten-Free), Vegetable Cheese Crepes.Print
Note: A rough estimate of nutrition is provided.
We Love to hear back from you and appreciate your success stories!
Have you tried this “Recipe”? Please feed us with your ★ star ratings and comments below.