This High Protein Tikki Chaat – Air Fried is one of the favorite chaats, where crispy tikkis are made with sprouts, oats flour, and tofu if vegan or paneer are topped with chutneys and spices. Many people in India enjoy it as street food. With its high protein content, delicious texture, and chatpata tangy flavor, it is sure to please. A healthy vegan version of our delicious street food in India. I have used very less oil on the stovetop and air fried version is also shown.
Those who like Vegan & Vegetarian recipes can join my Facebook group World Best Vegetarian & Vegan Recipes.
Please join my Facebook page if you enjoy cooking vegetarian/vegan dishes – Pinch Of Flavours
At the end of this post is a recipe card and a disclosure of Amazon affiliate links.
Sharing is caring! LET’S BE FRIENDS ON PINTEREST! WE’RE ALWAYS PINNING TASTY RECIPES!
A hot and crispy protein tikki made with sprouts, oats flour and tofu crumble if not vegan you can take paneer crumble when topped with tamarind chutney, green chutney, dairy-free yogurt, finely chopped onions (optional), pomegranate seeds, and various other aromatic spices, is one of the most delicious dishes you can eat.
This scrumptious High Protein Tikki Chaat – Air Fried is made by everyone in their own way. Yogurt is sometimes added, and sometimes not. It is often served with sev or julienned beetroot or ginger or paneer cubes on top. This is a high protein food that can be consumed guilt free.
I have air-fried the tikkis in this protein tikki chaat recipe for a healthier option. It is usually fried in copious quantities of oil when street-style aloo Tikki is served. In this recipe, I used 1.5 tablespoons of oil for each batch of five protein tikkis.
Approximately 11 medium-size protein tikkis were produced. The size will determine how many protein tikkis are made. My protein tikkis have also been air-fried here, so they are healthy, crispy, and delicious.
About High Protein Tikki Chaat – Air Fried Recipe
High Protein Tikki Chaat – Air Fried is an Indian street food famous for its high protein content, is a high-energy snack. A deep-fried, air-fried, or sauteed dish of mashed and spiced sprouts, moong lentils, tofu, and paneer patties. After the patties are cooked, they are topped with yogurt, chutneys, onions, and spices.
A tasty chaat recipe that combines spice, sour, sweet, and creamy flavors. You’ll love it!
Sprouts, oats flour, and tofu crumble are very high in protein giving you the best nutrition in place of having regular aloo Tikki chat which is full of carbs and not very healthy as they are sauteed in too much oil. You can take the normal oats and then grind them into a fine powder.
Chaat high protein tikki is:
- And Mouth-Watering
- Creamy Sweet, Savory, and spicy
- Street Food from India
- Sauteed in less oil, not Fried but air fried
- Vegan Option (absolutely use dairy-free yogurt)
- High in Protein and Fibre
- It’s a Vegan dish
- It is very healthy
- 1 cup – Mixed Sprouts
- 1 cup – Green peas (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup – Oats flour
- 1 cup – Tofu crumble
- 1/2 cup – Dairy-free yogurt
- 1/2 cup – Green chutney
- 1/2 cup – Tamarind chutney
- 1/2 cup – Coriander leaves chopped
- 1/2 cup – Pomegranate seeds
- 1 tbsp – Garam masala powder
- 1 tbsp – Cummin powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp – Red chili powder
Mixed sprouts – I got it ready-made from my farmer’s market. You can get it in any grocery store which keeps fresh vegetables.
Green peas – You can use fresh or frozen peas. I have used the frozen peas here.
Tofu or paneer – Use tofu crumble if vegan and if you are vegetarian feel free to use paneer grated or crumble them with your hands.
Green chutney – To prepare a delicious green chutney just take a handful of coriander and mint leaves with 3 to 4 green chilies(adjust hotness according to your taste and use little if making for kids. and an inch of ginger in a blender. Adjust the flavor with half a teaspoon each of cumin seeds, black salt, chaat masala, and pink salt to taste.
Then to make it tangy add 2 tbsp of lemon juice along with 2 teaspoons of water and grind them in a blender and make a very smooth paste. Now take out the paste and keep it in a bowl and your green chutney is ready. You can buy it from any Indian grocery store or online too.
Tamarind Chutney – To make tamarind chutney, you need less than half a cup of seedless tamarind in water and then soak them in water for 2 to 3 hours. Then squeeze out the pulp from the tamarind in a bowl and then strain all the mixture.
Take a pan and heat 2 tablespoons of oil in it and add a half teaspoon of cumin seeds, asafoetida, or hing, red chili powder, and ginger powder. Saute them on a medium flame for 1 minute. Then add the paste of strained tamarind and then cook the mixture for 2-3 minutes on medium flame. Add half a cup of jaggery powder and pink or regular salt to taste and cook more for 3 to 4 minutes.
When you see the mixture gets a little thick, turn the flame off now at this point and let the mixture cool down completely at room temperature. Tasty tangy tamarind chutney is now ready for usage.
Yogurt – You can take dairy-free yogurt as I have used here to make this dish vegan but this step can be optional. optional, but I do like the creamy texture in my tikki chat above it It also helps to adjust the spiciness from the chutneys and imparts altogether a delicious taste to the dish.
Pomegranate seeds – These seeds are used for decoration and it adds a very colorful look to the chat and the dish looks very pretty.
Other Ingredients – We will require black salt and regular salt or pink salt to taste, chaat masala powder adds a tangy flavor to the dish, and a little roasted cumin powder to sprinkle on top. Adjust and sprinkle this ingredient according to your taste.
Check out the High Protein Tikki Chaat – Air Fried Recipe Video :
How to make High Protein Tikki Chaat – Air Fried Recipe step by step with photo:
- Add mixed sprouts to a grinder or blender.
- Then add green peas frozen or fresh. Close the lid and grind it into a coarse paste. Keep the coarse paste aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the sprouts and peas paste, oats flour, tofu crumble, coriander leaves chopped, cumin powder, red chili powder, garam masala powder, and salt according to your taste.
- Mix everything nicely.
- With clean hands take some small proportion.
- Give a nice tikki shape. Prepare all tikki’s in the same manner.
- Now for the stovetop method – Heat a pan and add a little olive or any vegetable oil and when the oil is hot add a batch of tikkis.
- Fry the tikkis on low medium flame then flip the tikkis and fry till another side is also golden and crisp.
- Take out when done on a plate.
- For the Air fry method – Place a parchment paper in the air fryer and brush with little oil then place 4 tikkis at a time brush a little on top and air fry at 380 ° F for 15 minutes.
- Now after 15 minutes flip the tikkis and brush little oil and again fry for 10 minutes till golden and crisp.
- Take out all the tikkis and keep them aside on a plate.
- For assembling the chaat now we whisk yogurt nice and smooth and add on the top of tikkis.
- Now a coriander chutney on top.
- Add tamarind chutney on top.
- Sprinkle red chili powder, garam masala powder, roasted cumin powder, and Chaat masala(optional) on top.
- For decoration add coriander leaves and pomegranate seeds on top.
- Delicious High protein Tikki Chaat is ready to be served.
Important Suggestions To Keep In Mind
- When you are frying the protein tikkis, keep the flame on low so that you get a fantastic and crunchy texture on the top surface of the tikkis. Perfectly crisp patties can only be achieved with patience. Always fry the aloo patties on medium heat, never on high heat.
- If you are air frying the tikkis then just brush a little oil on top and then air fry and then flip in between and again brush with little oil and then air fry again till crispy brown.
- Please do not skip the making of chutneys or buy them from the store as the chutneys give an exploding flavor to the Chaat. Just do add the yogurt to adjust the heat in the chutneys but then optional but if using for kids add the yogurt I will strongly recommend.
- Keep in mind that if adding the yogurt then you have to whisk the yogurt till it achieves a smooth texture do add a little sugar and then sprinkle it over the hot crispy tikkis and it will be far better if the yogurt is chilled as than the crispy tikkis will be tastier.
You can store the tikkis in the fridge in an air-tight container. Just thaw it at room temperature and then air fry them again for 10 minutes at 380 degrees F or shallow fry them for 3 minutes on low flame if frying on the stove.
Then feel free to add the chutneys, yogurt, sev, chopped onion, coriander leaves, and spices on top at the time of consumption..
You can eat them as it is as already topped with chutneys, yogurt and spices.
Some other easy snacks recipes you would like on my blog – Air fryer Gluten-Free Spinach Potato patties, Hara Bhara Stuffed Kebab (Spinach Peas Stuffed Patties), Air Fryer Zucchini And Corn Fritters, Veggie Cheese Cake – Mix Vegetable RecipePrint
Note: A rough estimate of nutrition is provided.
We Love to hear back from you and appreciate your success stories!
Have you tried this “Recipe”? Please feed us with your ★ star ratings and comments below.