A great recipe and a portable air fryer make summer easy! You’re going to love these Crispy Vegan Air Fryer Zucchini And Corn Fritters. These corn fritters are so full of flavor, you’ll make them again and again! These fritters are absolutely vegan.
Those who like Vegan & Vegetarian recipes can join my Facebook group World Best Vegetarian & Vegan Recipes.
Please join my Facebook page if you enjoy cooking vegetarian/vegan dishes – Pinch Of Flavours
At the end of this post is a recipe card and a disclosure of Amazon affiliate links.
Sharing is caring! LET’S BE FRIENDS ON PINTEREST! WE’RE ALWAYS PINNING TASTY RECIPES!
About Air Fryer Zucchini And Corn Fritters Recipe
The abundance of fresh, delicious produce during the summer is one of the best things about it. Some people find the sheer variety and amount of seasonal produce overwhelming. I appreciate that about this recipe.
With both zucchini and corn, this amazing fritter recipe emphasizes and enhances the natural delicacy and sweetness of each ingredient and enables you to use up your summer bounty of fresh vegetables!
Traditionally, Classic zucchini fritters are made with eggs and parmesan cheese, but this recipe uses vegan ingredients, leaving these behind.
As opposed to those made with eggs and cheese, these fritters are lighter, lower in calories, and contain more vegetables.
I promise that you won’t miss the eggs or parmesan in these fritters once you try the recipe. Served with yogurt or sour cream dip, this recipe is perfect and delicious.
These Zucchini And Corn Fritters:
- Are Delicious
- & Can Be Made Gluten Free
- They Are Easy To Make
- With Only A Few Ingredients
- This Recipe Is Quick
- And Tasty
- Kids Snack.
What are the advantages of using an air fryer to make fries?
A fritter is a fried vegetable or fruit fritter. Sounds good, right? Let’s face it: deep-frying is a bit of a hassle. Food items should be carefully dropped into a pan or skillet full of hot oil, lifted out, drained, and repeated.
You should avoid deep-frying entirely because of the mess, the odor, and the injury potential (yikes!). Furthermore, using oil in large quantities, only to toss it afterward, has health risks and is expensive.
Alternatively, air fryers are great for crisping up food and giving it that classic fried taste without using much oil! It is also easy and quick to clean up since there is virtually no mess. It is simply a matter of spraying healthy cooking oil onto the fritters, placing them in the fry basket, and you’re ready to go! The fryer will take care of the rest!
- 2 cup – Zucchini (grated)
- 1/2 cup – Frozen corn
- 1/2 cup – Spring onion (chopped)
- 1/2 cup – Spring shallots
- 1 cup – Coriander leaves (chopped)
- 1/2 cup – Wheat flour
- 1/2 cup – Besan
- 3 tbsp – Suji /semolina
- 1 inch – Ginger finely chopped
- 5 cloves – Garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp – Black pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp – Nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp – Vegan Parmesan cheese for coating
- 1/2 tsp – Turmeric powder
- 4 – Green chilly chopped
- Olive oil
- Pink salt to taste
Fresh Zucchini – Use a cheese grater with large holes to grate your zucchini.
Sooji/Semolina – There is a slight crunch from the semolina. Fine semolina should be used rather than coarse.
Garlic & ginger – The best flavor comes from fresh garlic and ginger finely chopped.
Corn Kernels – This ingredient can be fresh, frozen, or canned.
Onion – It is best to grate or chop the onion as well as the zucchini.
Herbs – Herbs are so flavorful, so do not skimp on them. Scallion leaves and cilantro leaves are used here. Mint leaves and dill leaves are also suitable.
Other Seasonings – Salt, Pepper, black pepper powder, Nutritional yeast, and Paprika.
Wheat Flour – You can use regular all-purpose flour or almond flour or wheat flour. You can also use gluten-free version too
Vegan parmesan cheese – This gives a nice cheese flavor to the fritters.
Chickpea flour/ Besan – To make this recipe, you will need Besan or Chickpea Flour. Gluten-free chickpea flour makes this dish also gluten-free. If you want it crispy, you can also add 1 tablespoon of rice flour.
Oil Spray – Use any cooking oil spray at high temperatures.
Check out the Air Fryer Zucchini And Corn Fritters Recipe Video :
How to make Air Fryer Zucchini And Corn Fritters recipe step by step with photo:
- Take a white muslin cloth, put the grated zucchini in it. Add 1 tsp salt to it and mix and then keep the grated zucchini for 10 minutes.
- Squeeze out the excess water after 10 minutes.
- In a bowl, add the grated zucchini, frozen corn, spring onions, spring shallots, ginger finely chopped, garlic cloves minced, coriander leaves chopped, and green chilly chopped.
- Mix everything together.
- In the Zucchini mixture now add wheat flour, besan, Suji/ semolina, turmeric powder, black pepper powder, nutritional yeast or baking soda, vegan parmesan cheese, olive oil, and pink salt according to your taste.
- Mix everything together. Keep the mixture aside for half an hour before use.
- Take some portions in your hand and shape them round like a patty.
- Prepare all in the same manner. For better results chill the fritters for 8 minutes in the fridge and then take them out.
- For shallow fry method: On medium flame, add olive oil to the same frying pan. Add 5 at a time fry one side.
- After 3 minutes flip them with a spatula cook the other side to cook for another 2 minutes. Stovetop method Zucchini Corn Fritters are ready.
- For Air fry method: In an air fryer, place parchment paper. Grease oil on the parchment paper.
- Place 2 to 3 zucchini fritters and air fry them at 380° F for 15 to 20 minutes till golden crust appears on the surface. Spray or brush little oil if you like.
- You can flip after 15 minutes and then air fry for more than 5 minutes for 380 degrees F.
- Air fry Zucchini Corn Fritters are ready to be served.
Important Suggestion To Keep In Mind
- When selecting zucchini, be sure they are free of dents or blemishes. Lightly press the zucchini over its entire surface to test its firmness. The best zucchini is firm and fresh-looking with a rich, dark green color.
- Cleaning the zucchini thoroughly with clean water will remove all the dirt and pesticides. Clean the zucchini by applying pressure and rubbing it. I did not want to overlook this step.
- Freshly removed kernels of corn may be used. In this recipe, I used frozen kernels.
- When squeezing grated zucchini, do not discard the juice. You can use it in soups, curries, sauces, or even in kneading dough. It is extremely nutritious.
There are multiple ways to serve these fritters.
You can serve them hot with a creamy dip such as yogurt sauce, sour cream dip, cream fraiche, or tzatziki.
Veggie salads go great with these.
The best way to freeze fritters is to wrap them tightly in freezer paper or plastic wrap to keep out the air. Once the fritters are wrapped, place them in freezer bags, pressing out as much air as possible before sealing.
Pack the fritters in food storage bags or containers after wrapping them loosely with paper towels to absorb excess moisture. You can keep them for 5 days.
Thaw first in the refrigerator if reheating from frozen. Then, remove the fritters from their packaging and place them on a baking dish or jelly roll pan. Heat the fritters in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit until they are warm. Or you can air fry them at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes.
Frequently Asked Question
The recipe calls for egg substitutes. What is it?
Instead of eggs, we use chickpea flour in this recipe. Chickpea flour can be used in many recipes as an egg substitute.
What is the easiest way to grate zucchini?
The food processor with grater attachment is recommended for large quantities of these fritters. An ordinary box grater or a grater with large holes can also be used.
How come my zucchini fritters are soggy?
Adding more water or moisture to your batter will make your fritters soggy. The grated zucchini leaves a lot of water in the dish, which we don’t want.
You can avoid soggy fritters by grating the zucchini, adding some salt, and letting it sit for 10 minutes.
Use the zucchini after 10 minutes by squeezing out the excess water.
Do you have any tips for making super crispy fritters?
It’s important to avoid soggy fritters while at the same time making the edges crispy, isn’t it?
For super crispy edges, add 3 tablespoons of fine semolina or sooji. Corn flour can also be used, but semolina is my preferred method.
Furthermore, adding oil to the batter makes the fritters more crispy. Any neutral oil can be used here. For instance, light olive oil could be used. Extra virgin olive oil should not be used.
Is there an alternative to parmesan in these vegan fritters?
Adding nutritional yeast to vegan zucchini fritters will enhance the cheese flavor and texture. Additionally, crumbled tofu can be added. Furthermore, I have used vegan parmesan cheese as well as nutritional yeast.
In addition, vegetarians can use veg parmesan or crumbled feta cheese.
Gluten-free zucchini fritters: how to make them?
Just replace the plain flour in the recipe with chickpea flour, or you can use your favorite gluten-free mixture.
For a gluten-free version, 1/4 cup almond flour can also be added.Print
Note: A rough estimate of nutrition is provided.
We Love to hear back from you and appreciate your success stories!
Have you tried this “Recipe”? Please feed us with your ★ star ratings and comments below.