Today, we have a special breakfast recipe for you, The Best scrambled egg toast recipe. This is one of those scrambled eggs on toast that makes your morning better, it’s so easy to prepare, and its tummy filling.
It’s one of the most popular recipes in my family, and for good reason, it’s for all good reasons, I’m a big fan of it! Essentially anybody has its own strategy for making fried eggs. It is simple to make dishes, utilizing only a few fixings, and taking just minutes to make from beginning to end.
Also, check the recipes on my blog for a fried chicken sandwich which you may like.
About The Best Scrambled Egg Toast Recipe
There are so many ways to prepare eggs like fried, cooked, poached, and there are even a few different types of scrambled eggs on the market. In this post, I will show you how to make scrambled toast.
It’s not just a quick and easy meal to throw together but also prepares you for the day. There is no better way to start the day than with a delicious scrambled egg with toast and a cup of coffee.
You can use any type of bread for eggs with toast. You can add any type of cheese to your toast like feta, processed, or cheddar slice.
You can also order feta cheese on Amazon, and it comes in a variety of flavors, from sweet to savory, sour to salty, sweet, and sour.
If you are adventurous in the morning like jogging or morning walk then, you can put a slice of mozzarella on the bread before your egg. You can also add grilled tomatoes or roasted peppers to the egg, and an avocado slice will do.
Health Benefits Of Egg
The calorific value of an egg depends on its size, but an average-sized egg can have about 70-80 calories. The protein contains is more in the yoke, which means that eggs are a great source of protein, even though most of the fat and cholesterol are in the egg’s “yoke”.
Eating eggs on toast adds carbohydrates to your meal, and although cholesterol levels in eggs are relatively high, it does not contribute greatly to a balanced diet, as eggs contain less than 1.5% of our recommended daily carbohydrate intake.
With scrambled eggs on toast, you won’t be tempted to skip the most important meal of the day, and your body will get everything it needs to start the day. Cut a few tomatoes and cucumbers side by side and top with a slice of avocado and a pinch of salt and pepper.
One large boiled egg consists of :
- Vitamin A: 6% of the RDA
- Folate: 5% of the RDA
- Vitamin B5: 7% of the RDA
- Vitamin B12: 9% of the RDA
- Vitamin B2: 15% of the RDA
- Phosphorus: 9% of the RDA
- Selenium: 22% of the RDA
Eggs – It’s a very simple dish in which we are utilizing eggs only with little salt and pepper, I will recommend buying the best eggs. Only buy fresh eggs so that you can get the best flavor.
Bread – Good quality bread is best for this but I will recommend whole wheat bread or semi whole wheat bread or multigrain as they will not become soggy easily. White bread is good for Jam or butter but not for scrambled eggs. and yes whole wheat bread is always healthier and they taste more good.
Cheese – The best cheese to use in this dish is feta cheese which makes this scrambled egg super creamy and super tasty. But there is no hard and fast rule with cheese you can add mozzarella or any processed cheese.
Herbs – You can add any herbs like coriander leaves, parsley or chives, etc. But for scrambled eggs, chives are always the best choice. It is also okay to use dill, basil. You can add herbs into the raw eggs or you can sprinkle on scrambled egg over toast before you serve them.
Milk – Normally most of us would not mix milk with scrambled eggs and I also mostly forget to add milk, to be honest. However, I find that milk makes the eggs more delicate, so I do add it more often. Add 1 tablespoon of milk to each egg you are utilizing. Also, some people prefer to utilize cream rather than milk so make it more creamy.
Others – Add a pinch of salt and pepper according to the eggs you are utilizing also red chilly flakes but that’s totally optional.
Check The Best Scrambled Egg Toast Video Recipe
How to make the best scrambled egg toast step by step with photo:
1. Take a small frying pan and crack all eggs and add butter.
2. Turn on the gas on low flame and keep the frying pan on it.
3. Now whisk and mix eggs with butter on low flame.
4. Sometimes remove frying pan away from flame and again keep on flame but stir continuously.
5. Sprinkle salt to taste and black pepper powder.
6. Now scrape from the sides and scramble the eggs nicely. Secret tip for moist scrambled eggs add cream at this point and mix.
7. Now turn off the flame and add chopped coriander leaves ( Parsley or rosemary chopped optional). Keep aside.
8. Now take another frying pan and add oil or butter and add bread slice and fry for 30 seconds on low flame.
9. Now flip the fried side up and add cheese slice of your choice. Cover and cook till cheese melts.
10. Now take out the bread slice on a plate.
11. Now assemble. On bread, slice add scrambled egg, chopped coriander leaves, red chilly flake, Italian herb (optional), and a grilled tomato slice.
Important Suggestion To Keep In Mind
- Make sure to toast the bread while the eggs are cooking, so it is prepared yet at the same time hot when you have cooked the eggs.
- Utilize a spatula to move the eggs over the pan, with the goal that they will cook uniformly.
- Cook the eggs on the lowest flame.
- To make a simple fluffy scrambled egg is to take the pan off from the flame and let the egg cook in its lingering heat.
- Cook the eggs gradually, if the temperature is too high the protein will harden, the creaminess of the eggs will be lost and it will dry up.
- Serve promptly on toasted bread.
- Use feta cheese while scrambling the egg to get the best results.
- Use a small pan if you are using less eggs because if you take a large pan the eggs will spread and will cook very quickly which we want to avoid.
Please make fresh scrambled eggs every time and toast, as well as storage of this dish, which is a big no from my side. As the eggs will become dry and the bread will also become hard as well.
I have served this delicious scrambled egg over toast with cheddar cheese and grilled tomatoes along with fried potatoes and green peas. I would just serve cut vegetables, similar to cucumbers, tomatoes, radishes, or scallions/green onions as an afterthought.
You can also serve with green fried beans or mushrooms on the sides along with a nice coffee. Also, serve some almonds so that you get all the proteins and nutrients.
Frequently Asked Questions
How people like their scrambled eggs?
On the off chance that you are cooking for another person, make a point to ask how they like their eggs. A few people like them very much cooked (dry) and others like them somewhat wetter. It’s best to check already as certain individuals can be fastidious about their eggs (I realize I am!)
Which skillet or pan is best to prepare scrambled eggs?
Nonstick cast-iron or a small skillet is highly recommended for easy preparation. A small pan makes it easy to prepare as in large pan eggs will quickly cook and dry up.
Which spatula to use?
A rubber spatula is best, followed by a level edge wooden spoon so it can scratch along the skillet to make excellent delicate curds.