The Fried Chicken Sandwich is served inconspicuously on white bread and contains a drop of hot sauce. The sauce or mayonnaise used here is so delicious on the chicken sandwich that it’s hard to wait. It’s a must-try for a weekend or movie night.
I promise that KFC trips are going to be a thing of the past once you have this marinated buttermilk fried chicken sandwich. People will literally be raving about this chicken sandwich for ages.
About Fried Chicken Sandwich
This is a versatile recipe that can be served anytime in breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Sometimes I like to set a slice of cheese on the chicken, but that is not done using all the fried chicken sandwich in this picture. If you do not want to produce a comprehensive sandwich, then you can consume the Fried Chicken Sandwich in its entirety, or if you want, eat it as a sandwich.
Another version is the double-fried chicken sandwich which offers a fantastic crunch. You can even try out this Korean style sandwich – all you need is a bun, a little mayonnaise, and a bit of mayo on the opposite half of the bun. It’s simple to fry chicken for a sandwich, but whenever you desire, enjoy these yummy chicken sandwiches as a whole. Serve with a side of lettuce, onions, oranges, onions, cheddar cheese, or possibly a pickle, and enjoy!
Check Out Fried Chicken Video Recipe
Buttermilk Fried Chicken Sandwich
Not only is this is a traditional sandwich, but it is also one of the finest fried chicken sandwich recipes. You will always wish to make it at home because it is remarkably easy! This combination of fried and poultry sandwiches offers just the right amount of flavor, ideal for a quick and easy lunch or breakfast, or even as a side dish with a hot dog or fries and pickles.
This fried chicken sandwich utilizes buttermilk marinade to make the chicken extra tender and juicy. I mostly don’t use lots of cornflakes in my fried chicken, so I made this recipe for a fried chicken sandwich by soaking the chicken in buttermilk with salt.
Important Suggestions To Keep In Mind
- Chicken Pieces should be small cubes so that it will be easy to fry them in patty shape later.
- Chicken cubes should be marinated in buttermilk at least for 1 hour. The more they soak the more juicy and crispy they become.
- Fry Chicken in a patty shape and deep fry in medium to high heat to cook evenly.
- Take mustard with tomato ketchup and mix them to get the perfect sauce.
- Marinate the chicken for at least 2 hours to get the perfect texture.
- The acidity of the pickles cut through the oil and fat and I always use soft buns or bread to balance out the crunch of the chicken.
Assemble the Fried chicken patty in between two grilled Buns or bread and then add onions, capsicum slices along with some jalapeno, and a generous amount of hot mustard and tomato ketchup sauce. Don’t forget to add a cheese slice too.
You can put some fresh Romanian or iceberg lettuce if you want. For sides, you can serve them with French fries or pickles of your choice.
How to Make Step By Step With Photos
1. Now take bread slices one by one then cut all the edges from all sides.
2. Slice onion in a round thin shape. Sprinkle salt to taste. Add vinegar. Mix well. Keep aside.
3. Cut boneless chicken thighs into small cubes.
4. Take a bowl add all-purpose flour, salt, black pepper powder, cornflour, and mix well. Add one egg and mix. Now add water slowly and whisk well to combine. Then add vegetable oil. Whisk well so that no lump should be there.
5. Add chicken cubes, marinate well. cover it and refrigerate it for 2 hours.
6. Take out of the fridge after 2 hours. Heat oil in a frying pan for deep frying and add marinated chicken in a round shape like a burger patty.
7. Fry for 5 minutes till it becomes golden brown. Now drain excess water and keep on a kitchen tissue.
8. Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan on medium flame. Now put two slices of bread and grill both sides press with a ladle to get that grill mark and then take out.
9. Now assemble – take a grill bread slice spread burger mayonnaise sauce then add the fried chicken on it. Then add cheese slice.
10. Add onion sliced and green capsicum Julienne. Then apply burger mayonnaise and mustard sauce we prepared.
11. Take another grill bread slice and apply tomato ketchup on it and place it on top of it.
12. Serve Hot with French fries.
How to Make Fried Chicken Sandwich Healthier
Well, I can’t claim these fried chicken sandwiches to be an extremely healthy meal – rather they can be treated as a happy meal but making them at home is always a more healthy option than takeout.
For fewer calories use low-fat mayonnaise or sauce. Take chicken breast instead of thighs, use whole wheat buns or bread instead of those brioche buns add some more vegetables like red capsicum, tomatoes lettuce, etc. on toppings to cut the fats.