Natively constructed Chicken Vada Pav – Chicken Recipes is a lip-smacking among street foods of Mumbai. I liked the vegetarian version of Vada Pav, but I wanted to experiment and try the same recipe with ground chicken. Every time I cook chicken, I like to put in a variety of spices and flavors.
Since chicken is something we have regularly, we decided to satisfy my longing for Vada pav by making it using ground chicken instead. There are specific food items that taste good at any given time of the day, and this Chicken Vada Pav is one of them.
You may also like some other recipes on my blog – Some other paneer recipes you will like on my blog – Paneer Butter Masala Restaurant Style, Palak paneer paratha (Spinach Cottage Cheese Paratha), Tandoori Paneer samosa (Best Samosa Recipe), Paneer Capsicum In Tomato Gravy
Sharing is caring! LET’S BE FRIENDS ON PINTEREST! WE’RE ALWAYS PINNING TASTY RECIPES!
These two words – Vada Pav are sufficient to make your mouths salivating instantly. For all meat lovers here is a unique version of the Vada Pav, so do check out this homemade Chicken Vada Pav recipe. The patty for the Vada Pav is made from minced chicken, with a mixture of herbs and spices. If you’re looking for some cooking inspiration, then you have to try this!
About Chicken Vada Pav Recipe
Chicken Vada Pav is an iconic Indian street food that originated in Maharashtra. It used to be a rather addictive and pocket-friendly snack offered at tea time. Today, people have come up with a couple of iconic recipes that make this dish even more enjoyable.
You can also use a couple of lettuce leaves and the filling can be a combination of mashed potato and minced chicken. It will be even more unique.
Even though Vada Pav is vital, the ingredient which makes the difference is the Garlic Peanut chutney that is applied to the Pav.
All you need to do is – grind all the components with chili powder and salt, and that’s it. If you want it hot, it’s also possible to use a pinch of black pepper and a few red pepper flakes.
During my time in Mumbai, a few years back, I remember that one of my goals was to consume a Vada Pav, which was nearly synonymous with the city. It’s a popular street food which everybody enjoys, with its own hot potato filling wedged between a thick coating of hot chicken and a crispy, chewy, spicy curry filling. With it’s sweet and hot taste, it’s almost just like a combo of two different foods. I truly felt like I needed to go to Mumbai to find the true taste of this delicacy. But when I got the real deal, I realized it had been so much more than what I had imagined and I am so glad I did.
Important Suggestion To Keep In Mind
- To make the Vada Pav, fry the pav in a pan with a little butter, then cut a pavilion (it should be attached to one end).
- All you need is to grind all the components with chili powder and salt, and that’s it. If you want it hot, it is also possible to add a pinch of black pepper and a few red pepper flakes.
- If you want to make the vadas crispy, add cornflour with rice flour in this recipe.
- The consistency of the batter is very important for crispy vadas. It should neither be too thick or flowy. Add water slowly at a time while whisking.
This is a very long recipe and requires some preliminary work, but in my opinion, this is one of the best recipes to make vada pav. This recipe must be taken to heart since it is the longest recipe and also the toughest.
It will be well worth it, however, since it is one of the finest Vada Pav recipes on the Earth, and also the simplest and most delicious.
I like a little spicy flavor, So you can adjust the spice value of the chutney to your taste and add more chili powder based on how hot you want.
Check Out The Chicken Vada Pav Video Recipe :
How to Bake the Chicken Vada?
Make the Chicken Vadas as shown in the below recipe. Then dip the vadas in besan/chickpea batter then place them on a baking tray and grease them with oil.
Brush little oil on each vadas and then bake them at 375 degrees Fahrenheit / 190 degrees celsius for 12 to 15 minutes. Just keep checking in between as you don’t want your vadas to get burned.
You can use an Air Fryer to prepare them too.
How to make Chicken Vada Pav step by step with photo:
1. Combine minced chicken, Boneless Chicken, onion chopped, garlic chopped, green chilly chopped, red chilly powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder, ginger chopped, salt, coriander leaves chopped in a blender and make a smooth paste.
2. Transfer the minced chicken into a bowl and add mashed potato, Mix well.
3. Place the besan in a bowl, add ajwain seeds, salt, and mix.
4. Add water slowly to form a smooth and thick batter lump-free batter. Set aside for at least 15 minutes.
5. Grease hands with a little oil and take some mixture and shape into a chicken patty. Divide the mixture into equal-sized round patties.
6. Heat sufficient oil in a big frying pan. Add baking powder to the batter and mix (Optional). Dip the balls gently in the batter and deep fry till golden brown on the outside.
7. Drain on absorbent paper.
8. Heat a Tawa and add butter and add egg, green chilly chopped, onion chopped, and salt mixture. Spread. Now add pav. Fry on both sides. Take out.
9. Take Egg pav spread some green chutney, garlic peanut powder, lemon juice, place a chicken fritter (vada), and press lightly.
10. Serve this delicious chicken vada pav hot.
Serve this delicious Chicken Vada Pav with Garlic Peanut Chutney, Coriander Mint Chutney, and/or Tamarind Chutney.
Stuff the fried chicken vada in a Butter pav and serve with fried green chilly. Serve it hot with masala chai, ginger tea.
You can store this Homemade chicken vada in an airtight container and keep them in the fridge. They will be good till 3 to 4 days.
You can freeze these vadas for later use. Fry the chicken vadas half and then take them out on a plate.
After they come to room temperature place these vadas in the fridge and chill them for 2 hours, then take them out, place them in zip lock bags and freeze them for almost about a month.Print
Note: A rough estimate of nutrition is provided.
We Love to hear back from you and appreciate your success stories!
Have you tried this “Recipe”? Please feed us with your ★ star ratings and comments below.