Homemade Chicken Vada Pav a lip-smacking delicacy from the streets of Mumbai.
- 300 gms – Boneless Chicken
- 1 medium – Onion chopped
- 2 tbsp – Garlic chopped
- 2 to 3 Green chilly chopped
- 1 tbsp – Red chilly powder
- 1 tbsp – Coriander powder
- 1 tbsp – Garam masala powder
- 1 tbsp – Ginger chopped
- 1 tbsp – Salt
- 2 tbsp – Coriander leaves chopped
- 4 medium – Boiled mashed potatoes
- Oil for deep frying Pav
- 2 cup – Coarse gram flour/besan
- 1 tsp – Carrom Seeds/ajwain
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp – Baking powder(Optional)
- Combine minced chicken, Boneless Chicken, onion chopped, garlic chopped, green chilly chopped, red chilly powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder, ginger chopped, salt, coriander leaves chopped in a blender and make a smooth paste. Mix the mixture with mashed potato.
- Place the besan in a bowl, add ajwain seeds, salt, and mix.
- Add required water to form a smooth and thick batter. Set aside for at least 15 minutes.
- Grease hands with little oil and divide the mixture and form in equal-sized round patty shape.
- Heat sufficient oil in a big frying pan. Add baking powder to the batter and mix (Optional)
- Dip the patties gently in the batter and deep fry in medium hot oil till golden brown on the outside.
- Drain on absorbent paper.
- Heat a tawa and add butter and add egg, green chilly chopped, onion chopped, and salt mixture. Spread. Now add pav. Fry on both sides. Take out.
- Take Egg pav spread some green chutney, garlic peanut powder, lemon juice, place a chicken vada, and press lightly.
- Serve immediately.
- To make the Vada Pav, fry the pav in a pan with a little butter then cut a pavilion (it should be attached to one end).
- All you need is to grind all the components with chili powder and salt, and that’s it. If you want it hot, it is also possible to add a pinch of black pepper and a few red pepper flakes.
- If you want to make the vadas crispy add cornflour with rice flour in this recipe.
- The consistency of the batter is very important for crispy vadas. It should neither be too thick or flowy. Add water slowly at a time while whisking.
- Category: Snack
- Cuisine: Indian
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 350
Keywords: Vada Pav, Chicken Vada Pav