As I indicated yesterday, I enjoy making snacks with bread, so for today’s article, I made Paneer Tikka Open Toast – Air fryer Sandwich. But this time, I tweaked the filling recipe significantly to ensure that no one gets bored. This can be cooked in the oven or on the stovetop. I Air fried the sandwiches because it was easier to do so.
- 200 gm – Paneer cubes
- 4 – Bread slices
- 1 medium – onion (diced)
- 1 medium – Green bell pepper (diced)
- 2 tbsp – Lemon juice
- 1 tbsp – Red chilli flakes
- 2 tbsp – Coriander leaves chopped
- 1 tbsp – Italian mixed herbs
- 1 tbsp – Kashmiri red chilli powder
- Pink salt to taste
- 2 tbsp – Chilli Tandoori Mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp – Pizza sauce
- 2 tbsp – Green Coriander chutney
- 2 tbsp – Veg mayonnaise
- 1 cup – Cheese grated for topping
- In a mixing bowl take paneer cubes.
- Now add lemon juice.
- Add Kashmiri red chilli powder.
- Add pink salt or regular salt to taste.
- Mix everything nicely.
- Now take a bread slice.
- Now spread 1 tbsp veg mayo.
- Then spread 1 tbsp veg tandoori mayonnaise store bought is good.
- Now spread 1 tbsp of pizza sauce.
- Now spread evenly 1 tbsp of green coriander chutney homemade or store-bought.
- Now add the paneer cubes on top of the bread slice. (As shown below)
- Now place one onion bulb and green bell pepper bulb in between paneer slices as shown below.
- Assembling is done.
- Now grate some cheese on top of the paneer and veggies.
- Sprinkle red chilli powder, Italian herbs and red chilli flakes mix on top of the cheese.
- Sprinkle some chopped coriander leaves on top of it. Prepare all the bread slices like this.
- For air, frying place a parchment paper in the basket and grease some oil on the paper.
- Place 1 or 2 sandwiches according to the capacity of your air fryer.
- Air fry for 5 to 8 minutes at 380 degrees F.
- Take out with the help of the spatula after 5 to 8 minutes to see if crisp then it’s done.
- Cut with a knife or you can pull it apart and serve this sandwich hot and crisp.
- Your paneer tikka sandwich is done.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.[equipments]
- You can bake them also at 400 degrees F for 5 to 8 minutes. Just check-in between when the cheese has been melted and the paneer is little golden brown.
- You can make them on the stove top as well just brush the pan with little oil heat it on medium flame and then place the sandwich on the surface of the pan. Now keep the flame on the lowest heat and cover it. Open after 5 to 6 minutes till the cheese melts and the bread is crisp and done. Take out.
- But it will be best to air fry or bake it as then the paneer and veggies will be crisp too.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Appetizer, Side Dish, Snack
- Method: Air-fry
- Cuisine: Indian
- Serving Size: 4 people
- Calories: 400 Kcal
- Sugar: 8g
- Sodium: 900mg
- Fat: 23g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 36g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 24g
- Cholesterol: 40g
Keywords: Paneer sandwich recipe, Paneer toast, sandwich