As I indicated yesterday, I enjoy making snacks with bread, so for today’s article, I made Paneer Tikka Open Toast – Air fryer Sandwich. But this time, I tweaked the filling recipe significantly to ensure that no one gets bored. This can be cooked in the oven or on the stovetop. I Air fried the sandwiches because it was easier to do so.
Those who like Vegan & Vegetarian recipes can join my Facebook group World Best Vegetarian & Vegan Recipes.
Please join my Facebook page if you enjoy cooking vegetarian/vegan dishes – Pinch Of Flavours
At the end of this post is a recipe card and a disclosure of Amazon affiliate links.
Sharing is caring! LET’S BE FRIENDS ON PINTEREST! WE’RE ALWAYS PINNING TASTY RECIPES!
This paneer sandwich recipe would be an excellent party appetizer. It stays crisp long after it has reached room temperature because of the way it is cooked. . Although this open sandwich is commonly found at stalls as street food is very famous, the bread slices used to be soft.
I cooked the slices until firm before adding the topping and grilling them until golden. The crispiness of this air-fried snack lasted a long time. I sprayed a little oil on the topping, but you can use less if you like.
- 200 gm – Paneer cubes
- 4 – Bread slices
- 1 medium – onion (diced)
- 1 medium – Green bell pepper (diced)
- 2 tbsp – Lemon juice
- 1 tbsp – Red chilli flakes
- 2 tbsp – Coriander leaves chopped
- 1 tbsp – Italian mixed herbs
- 1 tbsp – Kashmiri red chilli powder
- Pink salt to taste
- 2 tbsp – Chilli Tandoori Mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp – Pizza sauce
- 2 tbsp – Green Coriander chutney
- 2 tbsp – Veg mayonnaise
- 1 cup – Cheese grated for topping
Check out the Paneer Tikka Open Toast Recipe Video :
How to make Paneer Tikka Open Toast Recipe step by step with photo:
- In a mixing bowl take paneer cubes.
- Now add lemon juice.
- Add Kashmiri red chilli powder.
- Add pink salt or regular salt to taste.
- Mix everything nicely.
- Now take a bread slice.
- Now spread 1 tbsp veg mayo and then spread 1 tbsp veg tandoori mayonnaise store bought is good.
- Now spread 1 tbsp of pizza sauce.
- Now spread evenly 1 tbsp of green coriander chutney homemade or store-bought.
- Now add the paneer cubes on top of the bread slice. (As shown below)
- Now place one onion bulb and green bell pepper bulb in between paneer slices as shown below. Assembling is done.
- Now grate some cheese on top of the paneer and veggies.
- Sprinkle red chilli powder, Italian herbs and red chilli flakes mix on top of the cheese. Sprinkle some chopped coriander leaves on top of it. Prepare all the bread slices like this.
- For air, frying place a parchment paper in the basket and grease some oil on the paper.
- Place 1 or 2 sandwiches according to the capacity of your air fryer.
- Air fry for 5 to 8 minutes at 380 degrees F.
- Take out with the help of the spatula after 5 to 8 minutes to see if crisp then it’s done.
- Cut with a knife or you can pull it apart and serve this sandwich hot and crisp. Your paneer tikka sandwich is done.
Important Suggestions To Keep In Mind
- You can bake them also at 400 degrees F for 5 to 8 minutes. Just check-in between when the cheese has been melted and the paneer is little golden brown.
- You can make them on the stovetop as well just brush the pan with little oil heat it on medium flame and then place the sandwich on the surface of the pan. Now keep the flame on the lowest heat and cover it. Open after 5 to 6 minutes till the cheese melts and the bread is crisp and done. Take out.
- But it will be best to air fry or bake it as then the paneer and veggies will be crisp too.
Some other Paneer recipes you would like on my blog – Palak paneer paratha (Spinach Cottage Cheese Paratha), Tandoori Paneer Samosa (Best Samosa Recipe), Paneer Capsicum In Tomato Gravy.Print
Note: A rough estimate of nutrition is provided.
We Love to hear back from you and appreciate your success stories!
Have you tried this “Recipe”? Please feed us with your ★ star ratings and comments below.