Recipe for a Mayonnaise sandwich | How to make mayonnaise veg sandwich in less than 10 minutes. With crispy toasted bread, crunchy vegetables, creamy mayo, and spice, this veg mayo sandwich is the ultimate. Make a fast breakfast sandwich with this recipe on a hectic morning.
- 8 – Bread/multigrain
- 200gms – Coriander leaves chopped
- 3 -Garlic cloves
- 1 inch – Ginger
- 1 – Lemon
- 2 – Green chilies chopped
- 2 – Green chilly
- 1 – Capsicum chopped
- 1/2 cup – Cabbage chopped
- 1/2 cup – Onion chopped
- 5 tbsp – vegan/plain Mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp – Peanuts
- 1 tsp – Black pepper powder
- 1/2 cup – Carrot chopped
- 1/2 cup – Frozen corns
- 1/2 cup – Tomato chopped
- 1/2 cup – Coriander leaves chopped
- Salt to taste
- Vegan/plain butter
- In a blender, add coriander leaves, green chilly, ginger, garlic, capsicum chopped, roasted peanuts, salt, sugar, lemon juice, and little water.
- Set aside the paste after it has been finely ground.
- In a bowl, add onion chopped, capsicum chopped, cabbage chopped, carrot chopped, tomato chopped, frozen corns, green chilly chopped, vegan/plain mayonnaise, black pepper powder salt, and coriander leaves chopped. Mix everything nicely together.
- Top the bread slice with vegan/plain butter or hummus.
- Apply green chutney.
- Spread evenly the veggie vegan mayonnaise mixture.
- Apply vegan/plain butter on another bread slice then apply the green chutney evenly.
- Slices of bread should be brushed with vegan/plain butter.
- Add the buttered side to the grill pan. Press with a ladle.
- Flip and cook the other side too.
- Sandwiches with vegetarian mayonnaise are ready.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- This recipe relies heavily on mayonnaise. Mayonnaises that are bought in stores are often hit or miss. Make sure you pick one carefully. If you use mayo on your sandwich, it will change the taste. Eggless mayo is available for vegetarians. Vegans should use nuts-based mayonnaise.
- However, if you do not have any kind of mayo then simply strain your homemade yogurt in a cheesecloth or muslin cloth and use it in the recipe. Greek yogurt and cream cheese are also good alternatives to mayo.
- In cafes and restaurants, the most common bread used for mayonnaise sandwiches is soft white bread. Because we don’t consume white bread, I used multigrain bread. It’s also possible to make these with sourdough or artisanal bread. Any kind of bread will do, so use whatever you have on hand.
- Vegetables: You can make this sandwich in the quickest time by chopping onions, grated carrots, deseeded chopped firm tomatoes, coriander leaves, etc., etc. You will only need five to seven minutes to prepare these.
- In addition to bell peppers, sweet corn, beets, lettuce, pumpkin, potatoes, arugula (rockets) & cabbage, many other vegetables can be used in mayo sandwiches. But some of them require a bit of preparation time because they are boiled first, such as sweet corn, beetroot, or potatoes.
- Using broccoli and pumpkin on the grill is an option. Pick out your favorite vegetables.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stove-Top
- Cuisine: Indian
- Serving Size: 4 people
- Calories: 292 Kcal
- Sugar: 3g
- Sodium: 421mg
- Fat: 18g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 28g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 7g
- Cholesterol: 9mg