Eggless Christmas Plum Cake | Fruit Cake Recipe. The holidays are a time for cheer, love, and lots of desserts! As I sit beside a beautiful Christmas tree, my favorite time of the year is when I am making some gorgeous desserts in the kitchen and sipping on hot chocolate. So, I am planning some delicious recipes for you guys to try this year so that you can share all my cheer with others.
- 1 1/2 cup – All-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup – Vegetable oil/ butter
- 1 cup – Plain / Vegan yogurt
- 1/8 tsp – Ginger powder
- 1 cup – Brown sugar
- 1 tsp – vanilla essence
- 1/2 tsp – Cinnamon powder
- 1/2 tsp – Baking soda
- 1 tsp – Baking powder
- 1 tbsp – Lemon juice
- 3/4 cup – Orange juice
- 1 tbsp – Black raisins (dried)
- 5 – Prunes (dried)
- 5 – Apricots (dried)- Tuttifrutti
- 1/4 cup – Cranberry (dried)
- 1/4 cup – Raisins
- Orange zest little
- 1/4 cup – Cashewnuts,
- 1/4 cup – Almonds,
- 1/4 cup – Walnuts,
- 1/4 cup – HazelnutS
- 1/4 cup – Macadamia nuts
- In a frying pan, on medium heat add vegetable oil/butter. Add chopped dry fruits and sautee the chopped dry nuts for 3 minutes. Keep it aside.
- Chop the dry prunes, dry apricots, and dry cranberries. Keep it aside.
- Heat a pan on medium heat adds orange juice, water, lemon juice. Stir for one minute.
- Add tutti-frutti, black raisins, raisins, prunes, cranberries, and apricots. Boil everything on medium heat for 10 minutes. Keep it aside.
- In a large bowl, add all-purpose flour, cinnamon powder, ginger powder, orange zest, baking soda, and baking powder. Mix all the dry ingredients.
- Take another bowl, add vegetable oil, brown sugar.
- Mix well till the brown sugar dissolves.
- Add plain/vegan yogurt, vanilla essence. Mix well nicely.
- Add all the dry ingredients into the brown sugar mixture.
- Mix the batter with the fold and cut method.
- Add the sautee dry nuts and reserve some for decorations, add the chopped dried fruits. Mix everything nicely. Our cake batter is ready.
- Take a mould grease the parchment paper with butter. Pour the cake batter in the mould level on all the sides with a spatula.
- Tap the mould 5 times to level the batter. Top the dry nuts and dry fruits on the batter.
- Bake the cake in the oven for 30 minutes at 350°F.
- Stovetop method: Preheat Kadai for 5 minutes on high heat place the stand.
- After 5 minutes place the cake mould.
- Cover and bake for 45 to 55 minutes on the lowest flame. Check with a skewer.
- Demould the cake. Flip the cake on a plate. Take out the parchment paper.
- Our Traditional Christmas fruit cake is ready.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Whoever doesn’t mind a little more alcohol: Brush the cake with rum as soon as you remove it from the oven. Make small holes using a toothpick or thin skewer. Feed the cake with rum by pouring a few teaspoons every week. When done, cover it with parchment paper. You can do these 2 – 3 weeks before Christmas, skipping the last week. There’s no need to refrigerate the cake with this amount of alcohol.
- You can substitute unsweetened orange juice for the rum if you don’t like booze. Refrigerate the fruit after it is soaked in juice. Bake the cake as directed.
- Eggs can be substituted with yogurt if you don’t eat eggs 1 egg = 4 tablespoons of yogurt.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Stove-Top
- Cuisine: British
- Serving Size: 14
- Calories: 385 Kcal
- Sugar: 40g
- Sodium: 40mg
- Fat: 16g
- Saturated Fat: 8g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 60g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 5g
- Cholesterol: 86mg
Keywords: christmas plum cake, plum cake for christmas, christmas plum cake recipe, recipe for christmas plum cake, christmas cake