Cauliflower Red Lentil CurrySoup – Lentil Soup With Veggies is made with spiced red lentils and cauliflower is a tasty vegan Indian dish! You can make it with lentils and cauliflower for a delicious gluten-free, low carb, and low-calorie meal! The flavor is outstanding
- 1 big – Cauliflower
- 6 medium – Potato cut in halves
- 1 big – Onion sliced
- 1 cup – Red lentil
- 1 big – Tomato grated
- 4 tbsp – Olive oil
- 2 – Cardamom pods
- 1 inch – Ginger grated
- 4 cloves -Garlic minced
- 3 – Green chilly chopped
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp – Garam masala powder
- 1 tsp – Cumin seeds
- 1 tsp – Mustard seeds
- 1 tsp – Cumin powder
- 1 tsp – Coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp – Red chili powder
- 3/4 cup – Coconut milk
- Boil water in a pan. Wash red lentils thoroughly in water before cooking.
- Now add the washed red lentil into the boiling water. On a medium-high flame, boil red lentil for 10 minutes.
- Drain boiled red lentils from the lentil water. Keep it aside.
- Add cauliflower florets in boiling water, boil for 5 minutes on medium flame. After 5 minutes take out the cauliflower florets separate them from water. Keep it aside.
- On medium flame, boil the potatoes in boiling water. Boil for 8 minutes take them out and keep them aside.
- In a frying pan, on medium-high flame add olive oil, when oil smokes out add the boiled cauliflower florets.
- Add salt according to your taste. Add red chili powder fry for 6 minutes and stir for 5 minutes till golden brown.
- When golden brown take out. Keep aside.
- In the same frying pan, add the boiled potatoes in the same oil fry them for 5 minutes on medium-high heat.
- Add salt to taste and red chili powder.
- After frying the potatoes take them out and keep them aside.
- In a frying pan, add olive oil on medium-high flame add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, and broken cardamom pods.
- Once they splutter add onion sliced.
- Fry them till the onion is translucent add little salt it makes the onions fry quickly.
- Add garlic minced, grated ginger, green chili chopped. Keep stirring.
- Add grated tomato, fry for a few minutes.
- Add cumin powder, coriander powder,garam masala powder. Keep stirring.
- Add the fried potatoes and cauliflower florets and mix well.
- Now add 2 cups of hot water.
- Add the boiled red lentil mix everything.
- Adjust salt according to your taste, add coconut milk and mix well.
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes remove the lid and garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Cauliflower potato lentil soup is ready to be served.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Garlic and ginger should be fresh. This dish is so much better with fresh ginger and garlic rather than powdered spices.
- Red lentils should be used. A variety of lentils are available, each with its own flavor, cooking method, and cooking time. Red lentils are the only ones suitable for this recipe.
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Stove-Top
- Cuisine: Indian
- Serving Size: 4 people
- Calories: 385Kcal
- Sugar: 5g
- Sodium: 765mg
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 57g
- Fiber: 16g
- Protein: 16g
Keywords: Roasted cauliflower and lentil soup, Cauliflower lentil, Spiced cauliflower and lentil soup