Turkish Air Fried Borek | Vegan spinach and cheese rolls | Vegan snacks are easy & fast to prepare and they make delicious finger food! Besides spinach and feta, you can fill them with cashews and tomato as well. It’s a sweet and savory side dish that’s perfect for a party or as easy, delicious snacks.
- 250 gm – Spinach leaves chopped
- 1 – Red bell pepper diced
- 1 – Green bell pepper diced
- 150 gm – Vegan feta cheese
- 4 tbsp – Olive oil
- 3/4 cup – Coconut milk
- 3/4 cup -Tomato puree
- 6 cloves – Garlic minced
- 1 tbsp – Nutritional yeast
- 1 medium – Onion chopped
- 25 – Cashew soaked
- Nigella seeds for garnishing
- Sesame seeds for garnishing
- 1 tsp – Black pepper powder
- Spring roll sheets
- Soak the cashews in lukewarm for 15 minutes. Keep aside. On medium flame, add olive oil and add minced garlic. Sautee the garlic for 1 minute. Add onion chopped. Fry the onions till translucent.
- Add red and green bell pepper diced. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Now add the soaked cashews. Stir for 1 minute.
- Add chopped spinach leaves. On medium flame cook for 5 minutes.
- Add 3/4 cup tomato puree. Evaporate all the water ( moisture). Remove from the stovetop let it cool down.
- Take a blender to pour the spinach mixture. Add vegan feta cheese, black pepper powder, salt according to taste because feta cheese also contains salt and nutritional yeast. Now blend it into a smooth paste
- In 3/4 cup coconut milk add 2 tbsp olive oil. Keep it aside.
- Take one spring sheet cut it into two halves.
- Apply coconut milk mixture with a brush on the spring roll sheets. Put spinach mixture.
- Fold them as shown below or in the video above.
- Prepare all the boreks in the same manner. Brush coconut milk mixture on the boreks. Garnish them with sesame seeds and nigella seeds.
- In an air fryer place parchment paper. Brush oil on the parchment paper.
- Place 5 boreks at a time. Set the air fryer to 350 degrees F or 200°c depends on your air fryer for 6 minutes.
- All Boreks are ready to be served.
- You can take Phyllo sheets or Yufka sheets or any thin pastry sheets available to you online or at any supermarket.
- You can use any feta cheese or vegan feta cheese.
- You can use spinach leaves or arugula leaves whichever is available to you.
- if the sheets are too thin then cut in halves and double them and then stuff the fillings.
- If you are preparing Yufka pastry, cover it with a damp dish towel during the preparation so they do not dry out.
- A preheated oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit is best and then place all the boreks in a baking tray and then bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes.
- For approximately 10 to 15 minutes, air fry the food in a preheated basket at 360°F (180°C) until golden brown and crispy. (Alternatively, you can fry them in deep-fryers or in a pan with lots of oil to get them crispy
- Category: Appetizer, Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner, Main Course, Side Dish, Snack, Snacks
- Method: Air-fried +Stove Top
- Cuisine: Turkish
- Serving Size: 6 people
- Calories: 80Kcal
- Sugar: 0.4g
- Sodium: 78mg
- Fat: 6g
- Protein: 3g
- Cholesterol: 33mg
Keywords: Vegan recipes, vegan snackes, finger food, borek