Many of the ingredients we always have in our pantry are versatile so that we can turn them into numerous dishes quickly and one such dish is Spinach Quesadilla – Vegan Spinach Quesadillas with homemade tzatziki sauce. A tortilla is one of these ingredients, which is easily available along with some spinach and corn.
- 6 – Tortilla wraps
- 200gm – Spinach leaves(Washed, cleaned, and remove the stems)
- 12 pieces- Sundried tomato dipped in olive for 2 hours
- 1/2 cup – Fozen or fresh corns
- 2 tbsp – Kalamata black olive (chopped)
- 1 tbsp – Garlic cloves minced
- 6 slices – Vegan or plain Mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup – Vegan or plain Feta cheese
- Olive oil for frying or baking (optional)
For Tzatziki Sauce
- 1 tbsp – Dill fresh or dried
- 1 tsp – Garlic minced
- 1 – Cucumber (grated)
- 2 tbsp – Olive oil
- 1 tsp – Black pepper powder
- 2 tbsp – Lemon juice
- Himalayan Pink Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup – Vegan Greek Yoghurt
- 1/2 tsp – Lemon Zest
- Take a few sundried tomatoes and dip them in some olive oil for 2 hours. In a bowl, add vegan greek yogurt, grated cucumber, little garlic minced, grated cucumber, fresh dill, lemon juice, lemon zest, black pepper powder, and himalayan pink salt according to your taste.
- Mix everything nicely.
- Our homemade tzatziki sauce is ready.
- In a frying pan, on a medium flame add olive oil, garlic minced, and saute for 1 minute.
- Add frozen corn saute for 1 minute
- Add washed spinach leaves.
- Keep stirring nicely. Add some sundried tomatoes. Saute everything nicely for 2 minutes on medium flame.
- Take a tortilla wrap, add spinach stuffing as a filling, a few kalamata black olives, some crumbled vegan feta cheese, a little black pepper powder, pink Himalayan salt, mozzarella cheese slices.
- Now fold the tortilla wrap.
- Add little olive oil to a frying pan, on medium flame fry the tortilla wrap press them with the help of a spatula.
- Then flip it over and cook the other side as well.
- Take out the wrap .cut it into two halves with help of a knife.
- If baking then: A baking tray should be lined with parchment paper. Cook at 400°F on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper for around 15 minutes until golden. Then cut them into triangles and have fun!
- Our Spinach and Corn Quesadilla is ready to be served with homemade tzatziki sauce.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.[equipments]
- Corn tortillas could be used in this recipe to make it gluten-free.
- You can brush the tortillas with melted butter and then fry if you are not vegan.
- Squeeze the grated cucumber to remove the water. Making tzatziki sauce creamy requires this step – if you skip it, your sauce will separate due to the water from the cucumbers. The cucumber can be squeezed directly over the sink, or lightly pressed between kitchen towels.
- Take a fair amount of spinach leaves as they shrink a lot after frying so take according to the tortillas you want to make.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stove-Top
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Serving Size: 4 people
- Calories: 385Kcal
- Sugar: 7g
- Sodium: 980mg
- Fat: 19g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 18g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 17g
- Cholesterol: 28mg
Keywords: spinach and corn quessadilla, Vegetarian spinach quesadilla recipe, Quesadilla recipe