Jaljeera | Summer Refreshing Drink | Jal Jeera Recipe one of India’s most popular summer drinks is made of fresh coriander, mint leaves, and roasted cumin powder. In addition to being delicious. The instant cooling drink ‘Jal Jeera’ supposedly beats the summer heat.
- ½ cup – Fresh mint leaves
- ½ cup – Fresh coriander leaves
- ½ inch – Ginger
- 2 tbsp – Lime or lemon juice
- ½ tsp – Roasted cumin powder
- ¼ tsp – Hing/Asafoetida
- 2 tsp – Black salt
- 2 tsp – Salt
- ¼ tsp – Black pepper powder
- 1 tsp – Sugar
- 2 tsp – Dry mango powder/Amchur powder
- 2 tbsp – Tamarind pulp or Imli chutney
- 4 cups – Water
- Boondi for decoration.
- Wash the coriander and mint leaves nicely and put them in a blender.
- Prepare the paste by blending them with ginger and adding 1/3 cup water.
- Transfer the mixture or paste into a larger bowl.
- Add lemon juice, other ingredients like roasted cumin powder, hing or asafoetida, black salt, salt, black pepper powder, sugar, dry mango powder/amchur powder, and tamarind pulp or Imli chutney, and mix well.
- Refrigerate for 3-4 hours before serving. Serve with some ice cubes and boondi. Enjoy.
- Grinding the ingredients with a green chili can give it a spicy kick if you like it.
- This drink is usually served with crunchy gram flour balls called boondi.
- Category: Beverage, Drinks
- Cuisine: Indian
- Serving Size: 4 people
- Calories: 30kcal
- Sugar: 4g
- Sodium: 2342mg
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 7g
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: Jal Jeera, Summer refreshing drinks