Deep-fried vegetarian Crispy Stuffed Cabbage Rolls are stuffed with grated paneer or tofu, mashed potatoes, spices, and herbs then coated with chickpea batter. It makes for a tasty crispy main meal. The cabbage rolls can be made ahead of time and are vegetarian and vegan.
- Blanch cabbage leaves in water on a medium flame for 10 minutes in a pan.
- Take them out and keep them aside on a plate.
- In a frying pan, add oil on medium flame, add onion chopped, ginger garlic paste, green chilly chopped. Stir well for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add red chilly powder, mashed potatoes, grated Paneer. Stir well for 5 minutes on medium flame.
- Add salt and garam masala powder. Mix everything together nicely.
- Add chopped coriander leaves. Stir for few more minutes.
- Keep the mixture aside.
- Take a cabbage leaf to fill it with the mixture.
- Roll the cabbage leaf as shown.
- Cut the edges evenly with a knife.
- Take chickpea flour or besan make a smooth batter with some water, a little salt, and 1/2 tsp red chilly powder.
- Dip the cabbage leaf roll in the smooth chickpea flour batter. Remove excess batter when taken out.
- Take oil in a pan and deep fry in medium hot oil.
- Fry till golden and take out when done.
- Our Crispy Cabbage Rolls are ready to be served.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- It is best to buy a large head of cabbage so there are plenty of large leaves to work with as well as extra leaves in case something happens.
- You can use whatever combination of mashed potatoes, tofu, or panner your family prefers. Often I make it with 100% paneer and peas because my family loves paneer and peas.
- Boiling the cabbage is an important step. Rolling these guys is much easier once it has boiled. Unboiled cabbage leaves are almost impossible to roll because they are stiff as aboard.
- Chop the roots of the cabbage about a 1/2 to 3/4 inch above the surface after boiling. It will be easier to peel the leaves this way.
- Category: Appetizer, Side Dish, Snack
- Method: Deep- Fry
- Cuisine: Indian
- Serving Size: 8 Rolls
- Calories: 220Kcal
- Sugar: 9g
- Sodium: 450mg
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 25g
- Fiber: 7g
- Protein: 6g
Keywords: Crispy fried cabbage roll, Cabbage rolls vegetarian