This delicious Zucchini Avocado Creamy Sandwich – Vegetarian sandwich is loaded with zucchini, fresh spinach, avocado, vegan cream cheese, and vegan cheddar cheese. Once pressed until golden and crispy, it’s ready to eat in 30 minutes.
- 1 cup – Zucchini (grated)
- 1 – Avocado (diced)
- 8 slice – Bread
- 50 gms – Vegan/plain butter for spread
- 200gm – Baby spinach leaves
- 1 – Onion (diced)
- 1 cup – Coriander leaves chopped
- 4 – Garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup – Vegan/plain Mozzarella cheese (grated)
- 1/2 cup – Vegan/plain cream cheese
- 1 tsp – Red chili flakes
- 1 tsp – Oregano
- 3 tbsp – Olive oil
- 1 tsp – Black pepper powder
- 1 tsp – Italian seasoning
- Grate 200 grams of zucchini with the help of a grater on a chopping board.
- Place the muslin cloth in a mixing bowl and add grated zucchini.
- Squeeze excess water out. Place aside.
- To a food processor, add spinach, avocado, onions, green chili, cilantro, garlic, and grind until a coarse texture.
- Cook zucchini in 1 tbsp of olive oil in a pan for 3-4 minutes, then add finely chopped mixture and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Continue cooking for another 5 minutes with salt to taste(optional), black pepper, chili flakes, oregano, and Italian seasoning.
- Once that is done, add plain or vegan cream cheese and plain or vegan cheddar cheese and mix until well combined.
- Cook for about 3-5 minutes at a moderate temperature. Turn off the heat and remove the pan. Place aside. At room temperature, let it cool for 5-8 minutes
- Take a slice of bread on a flat surface and brush with butter on one side.
- Next, add a lettuce leaf.
- Then spread the prepared stuffing over it.
- Place another slice of toast on top and spread butter over and add lettuce to it. Make a sandwich by pressing it against the prepared slice of bread.
- Now heat a pan and add the buttered surface down. Cook for 2 minutes on medium heat. Then brush butter on the top surface.
- Then flip. See those great grill marks. Cook that side too for 2 minutes.
- Take out and then halve the sandwich on a flat surface.
- Place the zucchini avocado spinach creamy sandwich on a plate. Immediately serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.[equipments]
- You can use vegan cheddar cheese or pepper jack cheese in place of vegan mozzarella cheese.
- It will have a pizza-like flavor when you add slices of tomato to the sandwich.
- When grilling, I personally like to flatten the sandwiches. To do this, I use a grill pan on top of which I place something heavy.
- You can use any bread of your preferences.
- Use a ripe avocado for this recipe.
- Lettuce helps to keep this sandwich dry without making it moist because of the filling. So you can take them for lunch or picnics as well.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stove-Top
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 4 people
- Calories: 407 Kcal
- Sugar: 4g
- Sodium: 600mg
- Fat: 25g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 30g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 8g
- Cholesterol: 25mg
Keywords: Vegetarian sandwich, avocado sandwich, zucchini sandwich, vegan sandwich