This delicious Zucchini Avocado Creamy Sandwich – Vegetarian sandwich is loaded with zucchini, fresh spinach, avocado, vegan cream cheese, and vegan cheddar cheese. Once pressed until golden and crispy, it’s ready to eat in 30 minutes.
Those who like Vegan & Vegetarian recipes can join my Facebook group World Best Vegetarian & Vegan Recipes.
Please join my Facebook page if you enjoy cooking vegetarian/vegan dishes – Pinch Of Flavours
At the end of this post is a recipe card and a disclosure of Amazon affiliate links.
Sharing is caring! LET’S BE FRIENDS ON PINTEREST! WE’RE ALWAYS PINNING TASTY RECIPES!
You can make this Zucchini Avocado Creamy Sandwich – Vegetarian or a vegan sandwich according to your preferences. Everyone enjoys eating a tasty and wholesome sandwich, kids as well as adults.
This sandwich has many health benefits as well as so many good flavors. The goodness of zucchini, avocado, and spinach make this sandwich very healthy. If you do not want to add cream cheese or mozzarella cheese you can substitute this with homemade hummus.
Sandwiches are versatile dishes that you can serve for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
On some days I pack it for the lunchbox, and on others, I make it for a simple dinner with a hot bowl of soup.
This dish is,
- Easy to make
- A 15-minute affair
- A perfect side dish for Asian meals
Which vegan cheese/Butter we can use?
And, for vegan butter, I used Miyoko’s Creamery Spreadable Cultured Vegan Butter. They taste delicious.
All taste great but if you are not vegan then you can use plain mozzarella cheese, plain cream cheese, and plain butter.
Health Benefits Of Avocado
Avocados are packed with health benefits! A good source of vitamin C, folate, B5, K, fiber, and niacin, these crunchy fruits are high in antioxidants, too.
Avocados are the only fruits (apart from olives) that contain monounsaturated fat, which helps prevent heart disease and lower blood pressure. This spread is lower in fat than butter or mayo, making it a healthier toast topping or sandwich spread.
Avocados have a sweet side despite not having sugar! Avocado can be used in place of butter in desserts such as cakes, brownies, or these better-for-you Snickers dessert cups with their mild flavor and creamy texture.
Health Benefits of Zucchini
Zucchini contains high levels of antioxidants. Trusted Source and may be effective in protecting a person from the following health issues:
- Cardiovascular disorders
- as well as cancer
- problems that affect the eyes
- as well as skin conditions
Moreover, zucchini is a source of insoluble and soluble fiber. Soluble fiber promotes good digestion and keeps the gut healthy.
Health Benefits Of Spinach
As well as promoting eye health, spinach can reduce oxidative stress and prevent cancer. Many vitamins and minerals can be found in spinach.
- 1 cup – Zucchini (grated)
- 1 – Avocado (diced)
- 8 slice – Bread
- 50 gms – Vegan/plain butter for spread
- 200gm – Baby spinach leaves
- 1 – Onion (diced)
- 1 cup – Coriander leaves chopped
- 4 – Garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup – Vegan/plain Mozzarella cheese (grated)
- 1/2 cup – Vegan/plain cream cheese
- 1 tsp – Red chili flakes
- 1 tsp – Oregano
- 3 tbsp – Olive oil
- 1 tsp – Black pepper powder
- 1 tsp – Italian seasoning
Zucchini – Choose zucchini that are fresh and firm. While zucchini doesn’t have a taste of its own, it absorbs the flavor of other ingredients
Avocados – Finding the right avocados is sometimes a challenge. Make sure that the avocado is ripe for this dressing. Try pressing it lightly before buying it. If it feels soft, it’s ripe and you can buy it. You can make a creamy dressing with ripe avocado. Raw avocado tastes bitter even if it’s very slightly ripe. When choosing an avocado, be careful.
Spinach – It is possible to use either regular spinach or baby spinach for this smoothie. In general, baby spinach taste lighter. It is also possible to use kale instead of spinach.
Garlic – Adds a very nice flavor to this sandwich.
Vegan/Plain cream cheese – You can use any vegan or plain cream cheese for that creamy flavor.
Vegan/plain Mozzarella cheese – You can use any vegan or plain mozzarella cheese for that creamy texture.
Other seasonings – I have used oregano, black pepper powder, Italian seasoning, and red chili flakes. I haven’t used salt as the cream cheese and mozzarella cheese.
Check out Zucchini Avocado Creamy Sandwich – Vegetarian sandwich Recipe Video:
How To Make Zucchini Avocado Creamy Sandwich Recipe Step By Step With Photo:
- Grate 200 grams of zucchini with the help of a grater on a chopping board.
- Place the muslin cloth in a mixing bowl and add grated zucchini.
- Squeeze excess water out. Place aside.
- To a food processor, add spinach, avocado, onions, green chili, cilantro, garlic, and grind until a coarse texture.
- Cook zucchini in 1 tbsp of olive oil in a pan for 3-4 minutes, then add finely chopped mixture and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Continue cooking for another 5 minutes with salt to taste(optional), black pepper, chili flakes, oregano, and Italian seasoning.
- Once that is done, add plain or vegan cream cheese and plain or vegan cheddar cheese and mix until well combined.
- Cook for about 3-5 minutes at a moderate temperature. Turn off the heat and remove the pan. Place aside. At room temperature, let it cool for 5-8 minutes
- Take a slice of bread on a flat surface and brush with butter on one side.
- Next, add a lettuce leaf.
- Then spread the prepared stuffing over it.
- Place another slice of toast on top and spread butter over and add lettuce to it. Make a sandwich by pressing it against the prepared slice of bread.
- Now heat a pan and add the buttered surface down. Cook for 2 minutes on medium heat. Then brush butter on the top surface.
- Then flip. See those great grill marks. Cook that side too for 2 minutes.
- Take out and then halve the sandwich on a flat surface.
- Place the zucchini avocado spinach creamy sandwich on a plate. Immediately serve.
Important Suggestion To Keep In Mind
- You can use vegan cheddar cheese or pepper jack cheese in place of vegan mozzarella cheese.
- It will have a pizza-like flavor when you add slices of tomato to the sandwich.
- When grilling, I personally like to flatten the sandwiches. To do this, I use a grill pan on top of which I place something heavy.
- You can use any bread of your preferences.
- Use a ripe avocado for this recipe.
- Lettuce helps to keep this sandwich dry without making it moist because of the filling. So you can take them for lunch or picnics as well.
Along with it, serve green chutney or ketchup and a cup of hot coffee or tea. If you are looking for something light and easy for dinner, this is perfect.
As an optional side dish, you can serve salad or a light soup. Alongside the main course, you can also serve some French Fries, creamy air fryer Potato Wedges, Oven-Roasted Zucchini wedge, or Oven-Baked Sweet Potato Wedges.
Making sandwiches fresh is always best because they stay nice and crispy when they are served hot. If they are kept for long periods, they become soggy.
As an alternative, you can prepare and store the zucchini avocado cream mixture in the refrigerator. It is just a matter of assembling the sandwich and toasting it until nice and crusty. But I have personally kept the assembled sandwich in the fridge and reheated it on a pan or microwave for 50 seconds and it was good to go.Print
Note: A rough estimate of nutrition is provided.
We Love to hear back from you and appreciate your success stories!
Have you tried this “Recipe”? Please feed us with your ★ star ratings and comments below.
*SOME OF THE LINKS IN THIS POST ARE AFFILIATE LINKS AND WE WILL RECEIVE A COMMISSION IF YOU MAKE A PURCHASE AFTER CLICKING ON OUR LINK. THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING OUR WORK HERE AT Pinchofflavours!