These salad ingredients are vegan, gluten-free, and packed with nutrients for lunch. They contain carrots, cabbage, bell peppers, snow peas, and tofu.
- 1 medium – Lettuce iceberg
- 3 tbsp – Green peas
- 1 tbsp – Garlic finely chopped
- 8 to 10 – Baby spinach leaf’s
- 1/2 cup – Onion Julienne
- 1 medium – Red bell peppers(capsicum) julienne
- 1/2 cup – Carrot julienne
- 1 cup – Purple cabbage Julienne
- 200 gms – Masala tofu or herbed tofu
- 1 tsp – Ginger paste
- 2 tsp – Raw Peanuts
- 1 tbsp – Sesame oil
- 1 tbsp – Sea salt
- 4 tbsp – Raw wai wai noodles for garnishing
For peanut butter dressing:
- 1/2 cup – Coriander leaves chopped
- 1/2 cup – Coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp – Cayenne Powder
- 1/2 tsp – Rice vinegar
- 1 tsp – Red chilly flakes
- 2 tbsp– Peanut butter
- 1 & 1/2 tsp – Maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp – Lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp – Ginger paste
- 1/2 tsp – Sea salt
- 1 tsp – Tamari sauce
- Black pepper to taste
- Heat a griddle on medium flame and add 2 tsp raw peanuts on a medium flame for 1 minute. After roasting take it out in a bowl and keep it aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp sesame oil once it smokes add 200 gms masala tofu. Fry both sides for one minute till golden brown. Take them out and keep them aside.
- The same pan can also be used to heat one tablespoon of sesame oil. Add 1/2 cup onion julienne. Saute for 1 minute. Add 1 tsp ginger paste and 1 tbsp of garlic finely chopped. Fry till raw smell goes away.
- Add 1 medium red bell pepper julienne, 1/2 cup carrot julienne, and 1cup purple cabbage Julienne. Saute for 2min on medium flame.
- Add 3 tbsp green peas. Saute for 30 secs.
- Add 8 to 10 leaves of baby spinach. Add salt to taste. Saute for 30 secs. Dispose of it on a plate once the gas has been turned off.
- Now for salad dressing, take a bowl to add 2 tbsp of peanut butter, 1/2 tsp ginger paste,1 1/2 tsp maple syrup, 1 tsp tamari sauce. Whisk everything together.
- Add 1/2 cup coconut milk. whisk everything nicely.
- Add 1/2 tsp of rice vinegar, add 1/2 tsp of lemon juice, add 1 tsp of chilly flakes, add black pepper to taste, add 1/2 tsp of cayenne powder and add 1/2 tsp of sea salt. Whisk everything together. Add little chopped coriander leaves.
- Take another bowl to add chopped lettuce leaves. Pour the mixture.
- Add 4 tbsp of raw wai wai instant noodles. Add some more coriander leaves and add the 2 tsp roasted peanuts.
- Add all the fried masala tofu and mix everything together.
- Transfer the salad to another bowl now add peanut butter salad on top of it, and sprinkle with coriander leaves or parsley and sesame seeds.
- Salad is ready. Enjoy😊
- Those who cannot eat peanut butter may swap for another nut butter or any healthy fat of their choice.
- For Vegan’s honey can be substituted for maple syrup or agave nectar.
- It doesn’t matter what kind of sweetener you use.
- Tamarin/soy sauce can be replaced with coconut aminos or salt if you don’t like soy.
- Any hot sauce can be used, or cayenne pepper or other chili pepper can also be used.
- Feel free to use your favorite vegetables, fruits, and ingredients.
- Either black sesame seeds or white sesame seeds would be fine for garnishing.
- Use a gluten-free soy sauce or you can use tamari sauce if you’d like this salad to be gluten-free.
- Category: Entree, Sides, Gluten-free
- Method: Stove-Top
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Calories: 303 Kcal
- Sugar: 10.6g
- Sodium: 763mg
- Fat: 16.9g
- Saturated Fat: 2.7g
- Carbohydrates: 22.5g
- Fiber: 7.3g
- Protein: 17.9g
Keywords: tofu salad, vegan tofu salad