A Vegan recipe for breakfast – Rava Toast (sooji toast) Recipe is an excellent morning breakfast or afternoon tea-time snack. The preparation of this toast is very simple and takes about 15-20 minutes. You will need Rava (sooji), capers, tomatoes, onions, curd, and bread of your choice.
Those who like vegan & vegetarian recipes can join my Facebook group World Best Vegetarian & Vegan Recipes.
Those of you who have been reading our blog for some time already know that we make videos for each recipe on our YouTube channel.
All the ingredients except the bread should be mixed together in this Rava Toast Recipe to form a rava-vegetable mixture, and the mixture should be spread on bread slices and shallow fried until golden brown and crisp to produce Rava toast. Follow the given steps to make your own simple toast for breakfast by following the recipe.
Some other bread recipes you would like on my blog – Air fried Paneer Bread Rolls, Air Fryer Tomato Onion Cheese Bruschetta, Air Fryer Cheesy Sweet and Savory Garlic Bread, Spinach Corn Sandwich Recipe.
Sharing is caring! LET’S BE FRIENDS ON PINTEREST! WE’RE ALWAYS PINNING TASTY RECIPES!
The best way to use leftover day-old bread is to make this recipe. You can also use fresh bread. Select your favorite bread such as white, brown, multi-grain, or whole wheat.
Green chilies can be omitted or adjusted if the dish is for kids. The combination of mild and savory filling with crispy toasted bread is just amazing with a hot cup of tea or coffee.
Rava toast (sooji toast) is the perfect snack item to serve as a breakfast item in the morning or as a snack at tea time in the afternoon. Bachelors are likely to love this recipe since it takes only a few minutes to prepare. Furthermore, it can also be used as a breakfast or lunch box recipe for kids.
As a result of the sooji, the Rava toast has a crunchy and grainy texture. If you were to eat it, you wouldn’t be able to resist.
- 1 cup – Green bell pepper chopped
- 1 cup – Onion chopped
- 1 cup – Tomato chopped
- 1 cup – Carrot grated
- 2 tbsp – Coriander leaves chopped
- 4 – Green chilies chopped
- 1 cup – Semolina/suji/sooji
- 1/2 cup – Plain Yogurt/vegan yogurt
- 1 tbsp – Red chilly powder
- 1 tsp – Black pepper powder
- 6 – Bread slices any kind you like
- Olive oil or butter for frying
- Salt to taste
Bread – The best crusty bread to eat is Italian loaves, Ciabatta, or French baguettes. You can eat any type of bread you like.
Oil or butter – Be sure the butter is at room temperature before using it. You can use any vegetable oil if you are vegan for frying this toast.
Yogurt – Use plain or vegan yogurt according to your preferences.
Seasoning – In addition to pepper, red chili flakes, oregano, salt, and other seasonings, you can use a variety of other seasonal spices to season the vegetable mixture.
Vegetables – You can take any vegetable chopped you prefer like chopped green chilies. Coriander leaves, carrots, bell peppers, and corns can also be added.
Check out the Rava Toast (sooji toast) Recipe Video :
How To Make Rava Toast (sooji toast) Recipe Step By Step With Photo:
- In a bowl, add semolina/sooji, plain or vegan yogurt, and little water. Make a smooth batter by mixing them together.
- Add green bell pepper chopped, onion chopped, carrot grated, and tomato chopped. Give it a nice mix.
- Add coriander leaves chopped, green chilly chopped, red chilly powder, black pepper powder, and salt. Nicely mix everything.
- Take a bread slice to pour Semolina/ Suji mixture. Prepare the rest of them.
- Grease oil on the frying pan on a medium flame. Add stuffing side on the pan. Two Suji toast at a time. Press with a spatula cook for 3 minutes on medium flame.
- Flip and cook the other side too. Stovetop method Suji toast is ready.
- In an Air fryer grease oil with a help of a brush. Place Suji toast and grease oil. Close the lid. Air fry them at 180°Cor 350°F degrees for 5 minutes.
- Ready to be served.
Important Suggestion To Keep In Mind
- This sooji batter will cover 6 to 7 slices of bread if your bread is small, but if your bread is medium or big, you may only get five slices.
- To ensure easy stuffing, chop everything finely.
- You can use colorful bell peppers if you have
- Use vegan yogurt to make this toast vegan
- Use green chilies according to your preferences. If making for kids ty to skip them.
- If your sooji isn’t smooth, pulse it in a mixer a few times.
Note: A rough estimate of nutrition is provided.
We Love to hear back from you and appreciate your success stories!
Have you tried this “Recipe”? Please feed us with your ★ star ratings and comments below.