Vegan lentil pancakes with spicy tofu are made by grinding yellow moong dal (lentil) with spices and then pan-frying it with spicy tofu on top. You can make them for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
- 1 cup – Split Moong dal(Yellow Gram Lentil)
- 3 medium – Onion (chopped)
- 100 gm – Tofu or paneer if not vegan
- 1/2 inch – Ginger
- 6 pieces – Cherry tomato (cut in halves)
- 1/2 cup – Rolled oats powdered
- 4 – Green chilly (slit)
- 1/2 tsp – Garam masala powder
- Oil for frying
- 1/2 tsp – Red chilly powder
- 1 tbsp – Cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp – Turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp – Fenugreek seeds
- 3 tbsp – Coriander leaves chopped
- Salt to taste
- Water as required
- In a bowl add 1 cup moong dal (yellow split lentil) and 1/2 tsp fenugreek seeds. Wash them thoroughly and then drain out the water. You can soak the lentils for 2 hours but that’s optional if you are in a hurry.
- Now add the washed lentils and fenugreek seeds to a grinder.
- Add chopped green chilies and add ginger.
- Add 1/2 cup water and grind it into a smooth paste. Add water if your batter is not smooth and grind till smooth paste.
- In a bowl add the yellow lentil paste then add 1/2 cup rolled oats powder. (I have taken rolled oats and then powdered them into a grinder)
- Add turmeric powder, cumin powder, red chili powder, and gram masala powder.
- Add water as required and mix well to form a smooth batter. Keep the batter aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat a frying pan and brush with 1 tbsp of oil
- With the help of a ladle pour the batter and spread to form a round shape like a pancake.
- Now top the pancake with sliced onions, tofu cubes, cherry tomatoes cut in halves, and chopped coriander leaves or parsley.
- Cook for 5 minutes till below surface is little golden brown.
- Now cook the topping side for 3 minutes on medium flame. Press with the spatula frequently.
- Now flip again and the topping side is golden brown. Take it out with the help of a spatula.
- Serve hot with ketchup or dip of your choice.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.[equipments]
- Wraps can also be made from these pancakes.
- If you wish, grate a variety of vegetables like onions, carrots, and capsicum into the batter or make a light vegetable sauté to serve as the filling inside the pancakes.
- You can keep leftover pancakes in the refrigerator covered. To reheat, simply microwave or reheat in a pan. Alternatively, pancakes can be frozen. After they have thawed overnight in the refrigerator, reheat them.
- In any kitchen, a good blender can save the day. In most cases, you don’t need the best of the best, just something you can depend on. Consider becoming a Patron if you enjoy what I’m doing here and would like to support me.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- Method: Stove-Top
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 6 pancakes
- Calories: 330 Kcal
- Sugar: 1g
- Sodium: 40mg
- Fat: 2g
- Saturated Fat: 0.2g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 12g
- Fiber: 7g
- Protein: 8g
Keywords: savory lentil pancakes, lentil pancakes, savoury lentil pancakes