Vegan lentil pancakes with spicy tofu are made by grinding yellow moong dal (lentil) with spices and then pan-frying it with spicy tofu on top. You can make them for breakfast, lunch, or dinner according to your preferences.
Those who like Vegan & Vegetarian recipes can join my Facebook group World Best Vegetarian & Vegan Recipes.
Please join my Facebook page if you enjoy cooking vegetarian/vegan dishes – Pinch Of Flavours
At the end of this post is a recipe card and a disclosure of Amazon affiliate links.
Sharing is caring! LET’S BE FRIENDS ON PINTEREST! WE’RE ALWAYS PINNING TASTY RECIPES!
Vegan Lentil Pancake With Spicy Tofu is packed with nutritional benefits, making them a great way to start the day. These pancakes are packed with iron, fiber, and protein, making them an excellent breakfast option. Those who are egg-allergic will enjoy these egg-free pancakes and they are delicious, too! Absolutely vegan with a spicy tofu topping.
With just yellow moong lentils, you can make these dairy-free and eggless pancakes quickly and easily! The taste of long lentils is earthy, nutty, and mildly sweet. As soon as they are soaked and blended with salt and water, they become a smooth and tasty batter that is perfect for pancakes and tortillas. One would be on your plate in under 10 minutes!
Nutritious and full of fiber, lentils are rich in plant proteins that are good for your digestive system and help fill you up. Pancakes and tortillas provide a great way to hide a wide variety of nutrients in your family’s breakfast, lunch, and dinner without them noticing!
Soak the lentils in advance and store them in the fridge. This way you can enjoy lazy mornings as well as hectic weekdays.
About Vegan Lentil Pancake With Spicy Tofu Recipe
I have always enjoyed sweet breakfasts along with my morning coffee but recently switched to savory options in an effort to limit my sugar intake. Yellow lentil pancakes are delicious and easy to make, and their slow-release yellow lentils will keep you full for hours afterward. Those who are an athlete or live a physically demanding lifestyle will also benefit from lentils’ high content of protein.
This yellow lentil requires no soaking time. Just wash the yellow lentils and then drain the water and then add all the spices and herbs. Then make nice pancakes make them simple plain or top them with your choice of toppings.
This vegan lentil pancakes recipe is:
- Simple to prepare
- Super nourishing
- Fiber and protein-rich
- Very adaptable
- Breakfast, lunch, or dinner, this dish is absolutely perfect.
- An excellent tortilla substitute for making wraps!
- 1 cup – Moong dal(Yellow Gram Lentil)
- 3 medium – Onion (chopped)
- 100 gm – Tofu or paneer if not vegan
- 1/2 inch – Ginger
- 6 pieces – Cherry tomato (cut in halves)
- 1/2 cup – Rolled oats powdered
- 4 – Green chilly (slit)
- 1/2 tsp – Garam masala powder
- Oil for frying
- 1/2 tsp – Red chilly powder
- 1 tbsp – Cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp – Turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp – Fenugreek seeds
- 3 tbsp – Coriander leaves chopped
- Salt to taste
- Water as required
Check out the Vegan Lentil Pancake With Spicy Tofu Recipe Video :
How to make Vegan Lentil Pancake With Spicy Tofu recipe step by step with photo:
- In a bowl add 1 cup moong dal (yellow split lentil) and 1/2 tsp fenugreek seeds. Wash them thoroughly and then drain out the water. You can soak the lentils for 2 hours but that’s optional if you are in a hurry.
- Now add the washed lentils and fenugreek seeds to a grinder.
- Add chopped green chilies and add ginger.
- Add 1/2 cup water and grind it into a smooth paste.
- Add water if your batter is not smooth and grind till smooth paste.
- In a bowl add the yellow lentil paste.
- Then add 1/2 cup rolled oats powder. (I have taken rolled oats and then powdered them into a grinder).
- Add turmeric powder, cumin powder, red chili powder, and gram masala powder.
- Add water as required.
- Mix well to form a smooth batter.
- Keep the batter aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat a frying pan and brush with 1 tbsp of oil.
- With the help of a ladle pour the batter and spread to form a round shape like a pancake.
- Now top the pancake with sliced onions, tofu cubes, cherry tomatoes cut in halves, and chopped coriander leaves or parsley.
- Cook for 5 minutes till below surface is little golden brown.
- Now flip and cook the topping side for 3 minutes on medium flame.
- Press with the spatula frequently. Now flip again and the topping side is golden brown.
- Take it out with the help of a spatula.
- Serve hot with ketchup or dip of your choice.
Important Suggestions To Keep In Mind
- Wraps can also be made from these pancakes.
- If you wish, grate a variety of vegetables like onions, carrots, and capsicum into the batter or make a light vegetable sauté to serve as the filling inside the pancakes.
- You can keep leftover pancakes in the refrigerator covered. To reheat, simply microwave or reheat in a pan. Alternatively, pancakes can be frozen. After they have thawed overnight in the refrigerator, reheat them.
- In any kitchen, a good blender can save the day. In most cases, you don’t need the best of the best, just something you can depend on. Consider becoming a Patron if you enjoy what I’m doing here and would like to support me.
Have a great day, bestie! How about you today? What do you think of lentil pancakes? Are you interested in trying them? Please comment below with a 5-star rating if you love them
To reheat, simply microwave or use a pan. Freeze them as well! Then let them thaw overnight in the refrigerator and then reheat when ready to serve again.
Try anything from the east or the Arab countries instead of tomato sauce — chutney dip, hummus, or tahini would all be delicious.
Some other recipes you would like on my blog – Hara Bhara Stuffed Kabab | Hara Bhara Kabab, Crispy Stuffed Cabbage Rolls | Stuffed cabbage rolls recipe, Stuffed onion rings recipe | Mozzarella Stick Onion Rings, Baked Potato Slices – sliced baked potatoes.Print
Note: A rough estimate of nutrition is provided.
We Love to hear back from you and appreciate your success stories!
Have you tried this “Recipe”? Please feed us with your ★ star ratings and comments below.
*SOME OF THE LINKS IN THIS POST ARE AFFILIATE LINKS AND WE WILL RECEIVE A COMMISSION IF YOU MAKE A PURCHASE AFTER CLICKING ON OUR LINK. THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING OUR WORK HERE AT Pinchofflavours!