Tandoori Chicken Caesar salad is one of the most delicious fusion salad dishes from India and America, which is a soft, juicy, and flavourful dish made from juicy tender chicken pieces and fresh lettuce.
Those who like vegan & vegetarian recipes can join my Facebook group World Best Vegetarian & Vegan Recipes.
Those of you who have been reading our blog for some time already know that we make videos for each recipe on our YouTube channel.
Want to make tandoori chicken but not sure what to serve with it? I’m making my easy Tandoori Chicken Salad Indian-staple for your summer salad bowl, with Indian flavors!!
Long live tandoori chicken Caesar salad! If you’re looking for a new way to dress your salad, try this homemade Caesar salad dressing. Serve it with chicken, add an egg, or eat it straight up like a classic.
This healthy Chicken Caesar Salad is not only delicious but is also easy to make! This caesar salad recipe uses mostly greek yogurt in place of mayonnaise and olive oil in the dressing and is simply delicious. But as this is a fusion dish so I have used plain yogurt and mayonnaise too.
Here are some more chicken recipes which you may like – Chicken Mayo Bread Balls, Chicken Malai Seekh Kebab Biryani, Homemade Chicken Popcorn (Secret Recipe of Spice Mix).
When summer comes, I often make Tandoori Chicken and serve it with a salad instead of rice or bread, which keeps dinner light yet packed with flavor, low carbs, and also gluten-free.
Grilled chicken can make a bad impression for being bland and boring– so let’s change that, shall we? Here is some seriously delicious tandoori-inspired chicken marinated in delicious spices to grill or fried chicken to perfection over a fabulous, fresh herby salad!
This salad contains perfectly cooked tandoori chicken, creamy yogurt dressing, lettuce, red onion. You can use Jalapeno too. This fusion Indian chicken salad is packed with tons of flavor, texture and they are very healthy.
If you’re on the lookout for something healthy and flavorful, then you can’t pass up this delicious Indian chicken salad recipe. This Tandoori Salad is Whole30 compliant, easy to make, and a great weeknight or weekend entertaining recipe.
This tasty and quick recipe can be prepared at home in the oven, air fryer, or on the stovetop. Here’s how you can make it.
Check Out The Tandoori Chicken Caesar Salad Recipe Video :
About Tandoori Chicken Caesar Salad Recipe
In Tandoori chicken, the juicy pieces are marinated in thick yogurt and spiced with lime juice and traditional Indian spices, then grilled or fried in a tandoor or gas stove or you can also bake them if you are calorie-conscious. It is undoubtedly a heart whelming chicken dish you should try once in your life.
In addition, it is sometimes marinated twice, so its flavors are just beautiful in the dish. You are just going to love this delicious salad.
My carnivore family loved Tandoori chicken salad the first time I served it, making it a permanent fixture on my summer salad menu.
Traditionally, it was cooked in a clay oven or Tandoor, but since modern homes do not have clay ovens, my recipes show you how to make it in an oven, air fryer, or over the stove. You can cook in an oven or stovetop to give it a nice smoky flavor.
If you’ve ever enjoyed the $12 – $20 Chicken Caesar Salad at a restaurant, then you know how great it tastes and how easy it is to make. And you can do it for the whole family for less than that when you’re cooking at home.
No more bottled caesar dressings, because this homemade caesar dressing recipe is all you need. The dressing is a breeze to make and has so many flavors that blend perfectly together.
This salad is made with homemade croutons (homemade is always best! ), lettuce, grilled or shallow fried chicken, dressing, and some parmesan. Throw it all together and you will be moments away from a hearty, seriously healthy salad.
This Chicken Recipe is
- Easy to make
- Finger Licking Good
- Flavour packed
- No artificial Color
- Low carb
Chicken – I have made tandoori chicken from chicken breast cut diagonally into small cubes.
We use salt, lemon juice, ginger-garlic paste, and Kashmiri red chili powder in the first marination. The first marination makes the chicken tender and juicy when it is cooked.
We are using hung curd for the second marinade. Hung curd is nothing more than thick yogurt. You can substitute greek yogurt in place of it. If you have plain yogurt, you can drain the liquid from it in a muslin cloth before using it.
But if you are in a rush like me can marinate once only with all the ingredients mentioned above. The hung curd binds all the spices and clings to the chicken pieces.
In addition to these ingredients, you need pastes such as ginger garlic, lemon, and spices like Kashmiri red chili, cumin, turmeric, and coriander powder.
Dressing – The best Indian salad dressing contains yogurt, mayonnaise, English mustard, lemon juice, olive oil, Worcestershire sauce, salt to taste, and coriander leaves. I have used plain yogurt. You can substitute greek yogurt in place of it.
Lettuce – iceberg leaf lettuce is excellent, but make sure it’s dry before dressing. Dressing won’t coat wet lettuce so make sure it’s completely dry! I typically chop, wash, then spin dry my lettuce in the spinner.
Red onion, Cilantro – Gives the salad extra flavors
How to make Tandoori Chicken Caesar Salad step by step with photo:
- Wash chicken breast nicely and then cut it diagonally in small cubes as shown in the video. Keep aside.
- In a mixing bowl add ginger paste, garlic paste, yogurt, Kashmiri powder, garam masala powder. salt to taste and lemon juice.
- Whisk nicely to make a smooth paste lump-free.
- Now into that smooth paste add chicken pieces and marinate nicely. Cover and keep it overnight in the fridge.
- Overnight marination gives a wonderful nice red color to the chicken pieces.
- In a big bowl place all the marinated chicken pieces and place a small bowl in between.
- After soaking two medium charcoal pieces in water for 15 minutes, light them on the gas till they turn red. Next, add them to a small bowl and immediately pour 2 tbsp of ghee over them and cover with a lid for 5 minutes.
- Heat a pan on medium flame. Add olive or refined oil and add marinated chicken pieces and fry each side for 4 minutes on medium flame. Add one medium cube of butter to enhance the flavors but it’s optional.
- Cut a piece and see if it’s evenly cooked from inside.
- Take out all the pieces on a plate. Keep aside.
Place the chicken in the air fryer basket and air fry for 20-25 minutes at 360 degrees F until it is lightly charred and browned.
Same for the croutons air fry them with salt and black pepper seasoning for 5 minutes at 270 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl add yogurt, mayonnaise, English mustard, lemon juice, olive oil, Worcestershire sauce, salt to taste, and coriander leaves finely chopped. Whisk nicely.
- Now for assembling take a big mixing bowl and add iceberg lettuce, dressing, onion, tandoori chicken pieces. transfer into a serving bowl, then add croutons and add grated cheese on top.
- Serve immediately.
Important Suggestion To Keep In Mind
- You can emphasize the smoky flavor of the tandoori chicken by giving it some Dhungar. Heat the charcoal over direct heat until it is red hot. Place the chicken pieces in a large bowl, and place a small bowl on top of the charcoal.
- Sprinkle 1 tsp ghee on top of the coal and immediately cover the bowl with its lid. Let the chicken soak up the smoke for 5 minutes. Then grill or fry it.
- You should first wash and pat dry the chicken pieces before marinating.
- To marinate the chicken, use a hung curd. It will keep the curd from washing off and ensure it sticks to the pieces.
- You can add red Kashmiri chilies to the chicken to give it a nice color without making it very hot.
- Make sure to keep the marination of the chicken for at least 2 hours if you are in a hurry. However, the longer you marinate it, the better the flavors get.
- I aim to keep the total marinating time up to 24 hours.
- Make sure you use fresh lettuce. Red onions are best here to add to this salad.
- I suggest you give anchovies paste a try unless you’re allergic to them. They add a wonderful, mellow salty umami flavor to the salad that can’t be found any other way.
- Anchovies are a crucial part of a good Caesar salad dressing, so make sure you keep them in! But it’s optional so I haven’t used them here.
- If the sight of anchovies absolutely makes you crazy, double the amount of Worcestershire sauce instead.
- Homemade croutons are the best. Just shallow fry croutons in some butter and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can we bake them in the oven?
A hot oven (450 degrees F) can also be used to bake this dish for 25 to 30 minutes, or until chicken is cooked.
What is the shelf life of leftovers?
Refrigerate the leftovers for 3 days in an airtight container. Do not freeze the Caesar salad.
Can I add anything else to make the salad more interesting?
What can I serve with tandoori chicken Toss chopped olives, toasted focaccia, cherry tomatoes, and anchovy fillets into the salad instead of eggs.
For how long should you marinate the chicken?
Initially, the chicken is marinated with some common salt, lemon juice, ginger and garlic paste, and Kashmiri red chili powder and kept aside for twenty minutes. You can also add a tsp of raw papaya paste to make it even tender.
Next, we proceed to prepare a second marinade (ingredients are listed below) and coat each chicken leg completely with the marinade and refrigerate it for a minimum of 3 to 4 hours. But I kept it overnight for the best results.
What causes that chicken to be red?
The red color of Tandoori chicken is due to the inclusion of Kashmiri Red Chili powder. You can also use food-grade red color which I would not recommend, so it’s (optional). When making it at home, you can opt out of using food color.
Is Tandoori Chicken suitable for baking in the oven?
The chicken can be roasted in the oven as well (instead of grilling). For the baking sheet, heat the oven to 425 degrees and line it with aluminum foil. Place a wire rack on a parchment sheet. Spray with non-stick cooking spray.
Cook chicken until it reads 165 degrees in the center of the thickest part, turning once halfway through (approximately 35-40 minutes for bone-in, 25-30 minutes for boneless). Broil a final three minutes for extra color.
Can I make tandoori chicken without an oven?
No worries! You can still make tasty and delicious Tandoori Chicken even if you don’t have a clay oven or a convection oven.
Using two steps for perfectly marinating the chicken, roast the chicken cubes in a hot pan with oil on a medium or high flame.
Remove and cook on high heat until all the liquid has been evaporated. Flip the pieces after 4-5 minutes so they are cooked from both sides.
Once the chicken is completely dry, it can be placed on a wire rack greased with oil and cooked on a high flame via the wire rack directly on the gas stove.
How do you prepare it in the Air Fryer?
For the Air Fryer adaptation, marinate the chicken first. Then line the basket with aluminum foil.
The dish works well with any type of Indian flatbread, which might include Roti, Naan, Tawa Paratha, Lachha Paratha, Roomali Roti, and others. You can serve this delicious dish with some flavored rice as well.
With a topping of Open Toast, Bruschetta, or Flavoured Toasted Bread, this creamy and tasty Salad can be served on its own for your meals, as it is filling and wholesome.
It can be served as an appetizer with some chips, crackers, or even topped on baked sweet potatoes.
Dressing keeps salad fresh for about 20 minutes (longer than leafy salads), but after that, the lettuce begins to get mushy. Dress just before serving or, if taking somewhere, take the components separately.
The salad lasts for about 3 to 5 days in the refrigerator, so store it in an airtight container.Print
We Love to hear back from you and appreciate your success stories!
Have you tried this “Recipe”? Please feed us with your ★ star ratings and comments below.