The Stuffed onion rings recipe | Mozzarella Stick Onion Rings makes absolutely crunchy and delicious onion rings that are way better than the frozen ones and very easily prepared.
- Cut onion in round rings. Take out onion rings. Cut as shown here.
- Take a hand full of cheese and roll.
- Put cheese inside the onion rings. Fill with cheese. Put a small onion ring inside. Prepare all onion rings in the same way.
- In a bowl, add refined flour, cornflour, rice flour, red chilly powder, salt, and water.
- Make a smooth batter. Keep it aside.
- Dip cheese onion ring in the batter.
- Then coat it with panko. Again dip in the batter then again coat in panko.
- For the air-fry method, put them in the air fry basket and spray oil on onion rings.
- Air fry at 380° F for 20 to 25 minutes till golden brown on all sides.
- For the stovetop method, deep fry them in hot oil till golden brown.
- Take them out once they are golden brown. It’s okay if cheese oozes out a little bit.
- Stuffed cheese onion rings are ready to be served.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- You will get the golden brown crunchy coating on the onion rings if you use an air fryer. Be sure to spray the rings with cooking spray thoroughly to get a nice golden brown finish.
- Depending on the type of cooking spray you use, you may need to spray the coated onion rings first on a baking sheet before placing them in the air fryer basket.
- Make sure you do not overcrowd the air fryer so the onion rings cook evenly. Especially if you’re doubling a recipe, it might take more than two batches of air fryers. When a batch is ready, serve it or keep it warm in the oven.
- Make two separate mixtures of panko breadcrumbs. After the battered ring mixture gets sticky, it’s best to half it, then add the dry mixture when the first part begins to get sticky.
- Spices other than paprika can be used instead of paprika. Cayenne pepper, garlic powder, and chili powder are all good choices.
- The onion rings won’t need to be rotated while they’re cooking because they’ll cook evenly without it.
- Category: Appetizer, Side Dish, Snack
- Method: Air-fry, Stove-Top
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 4 people
- Calories: 265Kcal
- Sugar: 9g
- Sodium: 900mg
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated Fat: 8g
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 50g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 11g
- Cholesterol: 87mg
Keywords: cheese onion rings, Cheese and onion rings crisps, Onion rings recipe