Recipe for Spinach Corn Sandwich is a vegetarian sandwich packed with spinach, corn, and creamy white cream sauce. It’s one of my favorites, and I make it every week.
- 20 gms – Salted Butter/Vegan butter or olive oil
- 4 slice – Whole wheat or multigrain bread
- 2 slice – Cheese slice/ Take vegan cheese slice
- 1 tsp – Garlic chopped
- 100 gms – Sweet corn/ frozen corn
- 200 gms – Spinach chopped
- 1 tbsp – All-purpose flour/ Almond flour/ Topiaca flour
- 100 ml- Milk/ Soy or coconut milk if vegan
- 1/2 tsp – Salt
- 1 tsp – Black pepper powder
- 1 tsp – Red chilly flakes
- 20 gms – Mozzarella cheese grated or any vegan cheese grated.
- Warm a pan and add vegan butter or salted butter as per your preferences.
- After the butter melts add chopped garlic. Saute till the raw flavor goes away.
- Now add corns and saute for 30 seconds.
- Now add chopped spinach and cook for 5 minutes on medium flame.
- Now add all-purpose flour or almond flour or tapioca flour it’s your choice.
- Mix everything nicely.
- Now add milk. Coconut milk or soy milk if vegan.
- Now add 1/2 tsp salt as spinach already has salt content and we will be adding cheese too so be careful on salt.
- To this, you should add the red chilly flakes and Black pepper powder.
- Now add mozzarella grated cheese or any vegan cheese grated and mix well till it melts.
- Once you have cooked for two minutes, switch off the flame.
- Take two bread slices you can take whole wheat or multigrain bread. Put a cheese slice or vegan cheese slice on each bread slice.
- Then add the corn spinach mixture we prepared and spread over the cheese.
- Put another bread slice on top of it. Grease a grill pan or normal pan as you like with butter or vegan butter or olive oil.
- Toast both sides on medium flame. Then flip and grease the other side with butter with the help of a brush.
- Press with laddle so they get the clear grill mark on the bread slice.
- If air frying them then air fry the assembled sandwich at 375 degrees F for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot immediately.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- If you would like a healthy version you can use whole wheat or almond flour in place of all-purpose flour.
- Grill or toast the bread if you want it hot or crunchy. But if you prefer it soft, do not toast it.
- It is recommended to use oil and butter to make the stuffing and to reduce the amount of cheese to half. However, I do bet the stuffing will still be delicious.
- Italian seasoning is sometimes added to give the mixture a twist.
- If you want an even spicier version, simply sprinkle some chili flakes on top after spooning the filling.
- Vegetables of your choice can be added.
- Additionally, cooked pasta can be added to spinach corn filling.
- Use any vegan butter instead of normal butter to make it vegan and also use coconut or soy or almond milk instead of normal milk.
- Flavored mayonnaise can be used in place of plain mayonnaise.
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: Continental
- Serving Size: 2
- Calories: 402Kcal
- Sugar: 4g
- Sodium: 528mg
- Fat: 29g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 31g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 7g
- Cholesterol: 27mg
Keywords: Spinach corn sandwich, Corn sandwich, sandwich, spinach sandwich