Samosa With Olives And Peas Patties – Air Fried are colorful fried potato, corn, olive, and pea samosa patties, with a vibrancy of fresh ginger, garlic, and green chiles, are simply a filling without its fried outer crust.
- 4 to 5 – Boiled potatoes
- 3 tbsp – Frozen corn
- 1/2 cup – Frozen Peas
- 1 – Onion chopped
- 2 tbsp – Green olive chopped
- 2 tbsp – Black olive chopped
- 2 tbsp – red jalapeno
- 1 tbsp – Vegan butter
- 1 tbsp– Garlic chopped
- 1 tbsp – Ginger chopped
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp – Turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp – Black pepper powder
- 1 tsp – Garam masala powder
- 1 tsp – Cumin powder
- 1 tsp – Cumin seeds
- 3 to 4 – Green chilies chopped
- Coriander chopped
- All-purpose flour/ Gluten-free flour for coating
- Chop the red jalapeno, black olives, and green olives.
- On low flame, take a frying pan add vegan butter, add cumin seeds, ginger chopped and garlic chopped. Keep stirring till the raw smell goes away.
- Add onion chopped, sautee till translucent. Add green chilies chopped, frozen corn, frozen peas, red jalapeno chopped, black olives chopped, and green olives chopped. Mix well.
- Add all the mashed potatoes, add turmeric powder, cumin powder, and salt to taste. Stir fry. Mix everything together.
- With the help of the masher mash the potato mixture.
- Add garam masala powder and coriander leaves chopped. Mix well. Turn off the gas and take it out on a plate and let it cool.
- Mix black pepper powder and salt with all-purpose flour.
- Take some filling to give them a round flat shape just like a patty. Take patty and dust flour mixture on both sides of the patty. Prepare all patty in the same manner.
- In an Air fryer, place parchment paper. Grease oil on the parchment paper. Place patty on the air fryer. Grease oil on the patty (optional).
- Set the air fryer 350 degrees F or 200° C depends on your air fryer. Set timer for 10 to 15 minutes.
- You can also shallow fry the patty in a pan. Heat 1 tbsp refined oil in a pan when it smokes add the patties and fry each side for 3 minutes on medium flame. Turn over and fry the other side. Take out from the pan.
- Now take out from the air fryer and flip gently as they r soft. At 350 degrees F air fry them for another 10 minutes.
- Take them out. Ready to be served.
- Before making the filling, let the potatoes cool for at least 3 to 4 hours.
- There are no nuts or dairy in the recipe.
- Spices should be adjusted to suit your palate and preferences.
- The samosa patties should always be cooked on medium heat until crispy. Once they are cooked, increase the heat for the final 1-2 minutes for a lovely brown hue.
- Add fresh corn, peas instead of frozen ones depends on the season.
- Add carrom seeds to the filling which helps indigestion.
- To ensure even cooking and browning, make sure you don’t overcrowd the basket or layer the cutlets one on top of the other.
- Make sure your Air Fryer (similar to an oven) is preheated at least 5 minutes before you place anything in it.
- Category: Appetizer, Side Dish, Snack
- Method: Air-fried +Stove Top
- Cuisine: Dairy Free, gluten free, vegan.
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 290 Kcal
- Sugar: 1g
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 29g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 4g
Keywords: samosa recipe, vegan appetizer recipes