Quick & Easy Grilled Hummus Sandwich With Caramelized Onions – An easy and tasty vegan sandwich made of grilled hummus, caramelized onions, and peppers. This warm sandwich is perfect for everyone!
- 6 – Whole wheat / White bread
- 3 cup – Onion roughly chopped
- 1 cup – Hummus
- 1 cup – Red and green bell pepper rings
- Vegan butter/ Plain butter
- 1 tsp – Black pepper powder
- 1 tsp – Oregano
- 2 tbsp – Olive oil
- 1/2 cup – Vegan cream cheese/ Plain cheese
- Salt to taste
- Butter or oil for frying
- On low- medium heat, take a pan, add some olive oil, onions roughly chopped. Add salt to soften the onions. Sautee the onions for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes add black pepper powder, oregano. Mix everything nicely. Take it out and keep it aside.
- Take a grill pan, add olive oil. With the help of the brush grease olive oil on the grill pan. Now fry both the sides of the bell pepper rings so they are a bit soft. Take them out and keep them aside.
- Take a bread slice to apply vegan butter or plain butter. Flip the bread apply hummus. Add fried onions and bell pepper rings on top of hummus.
- Take another bread slice to apply butter. Flip the butter side bread and apply vegan cream cheese or plain cream cheese. Now put the cream cheese side on the stuffing so that the butter side will be facing the top.
- On medium heat, place the butter or oil (if vegan) side sandwich on the grill pan. Flip and grill the other side of the sandwich too.
- Flip and fry on the other side too. Then take it out.
- The sandwich is ready to be served.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Hummus of your choice is fine. Make homemade white bean hummus or classic hummus with store-bought ingredients. It would also be great to have flavored hummus!
- Don’t forget to caramelize the onions. Cook the onions over low heat, constantly stirring, for 30 minutes, until soft, tender, and golden.
- Fresh from the griddle, this sandwich is best. Despite its short shelf life, it’s better eaten right away.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stove-Top
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 3 people
- Calories: 312Kcal
- Sugar: 7g
- Sodium: 470mg
- Fat: 1g
- Saturated Fat: 1.2g
- Carbohydrates: 39g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 10g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: sandwich recipe,