A Paneer Tikka Grilled Sandwich is as sinful as they come. Fusion dishes like this are great for adding variety to any meal. But your simple sandwich can be transformed into something truly special with just a little extra effort.
For paneer marination:
- 1 – Green bell pepper cut into cubes
- 1 – Red bell pepper cut into cubes optional
- 1 – Medium onion cut into cubes
- 600 gms – paneer cut into cubes
- 5 tbsp – thick yogurt
- 2 tsp – ginger garlic paste
- 1 tbsp – Chickpea flour or besan
- 1 tsp – Kashmiri red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp – salt or to taste
- 2 tbsp – lime juice
- 1 tbsp – Kasuri methi
- 1/2 tsp – garam masala spice mix
- 2 tsp – mustard oil
For the gravy:
- 2 tbsp – vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp – ghee
- 2to3 – cloves
- 5to6 – whole black peppercorns
- 2 – whole black cardamom
- 1-inch – whole cinnamon stick
- 1 cup – grated onion
- 2 tsp – ginger garlic paste
- 1 cup – grated tomato
- 1/4 cup – tomato puree (or 2 tablespoon tomato paste)
- 2 tsp – Kashmiri red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp – turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp – cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp – garam masala powder
- 1/2 tsp – coriander powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp – honey
- 1/4 cup – heavy cream
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 4 piece – Bread
- Charcoal piece for dungar if you need a smoky flavor (optional)
- oil or butter for frying or toasting
- To begin, make thick yogurt. After 30 minutes, drip down the 14% plain yogurt liquid through a fine-mesh strainer. You can get two tablespoons of thick yogurt from it. You can use Greek yogurt to accelerate the process. Combine thick yogurt, ginger garlic paste, lime juice, chickpea flour, spice mix for Kasuri methi garam masala, and mustard oil in a large bowl. Mix well all ingredients.
- Using a kitchen towel, dry a 600 g block of paneer after cleaning it with water. You can make cubes of paneer with squares of 2 inches. The peel from one large onion should be removed and the onion should be cut into cubes of 2 inches. You should also wash and cut the green bell pepper and red bell pepper into 2-inch cubes. All the paneer cubes, green pepper cubes, and onion cubes should be covered in the marinade after gently mixing everything. Be sure to cover the bowl and place it in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Refrigerate for one hour and then take it out.
- Using 2 tbsp vegetable oil and 2 tbsp ghee, heat a large skillet over medium heat. I like to combine oil and ghee because ghee is delicious and not too heavy. You can either use oil or ghee. Grasp the wide pan (the grill pan works well) and place the paneer cubes, onions, and capsicum on it. Combine paneer and vegetables in one layer. The paneer and veggies need to be browned and slightly charred on all sides. Once you’re done, take it out and set it aside. Note: You can now cut them in pieces and mix with mayo or cheese and stuff this in the bread and then toast your sandwich will be ready. But let’s move on to make the gravy masala.
- In the same pan, heat up the oil and ghee again. You can either use oil or ghee. Add a cinnamon stick and whole black cardamoms after the oil has gotten hot. During this period, stir the mixture occasionally. On medium heat, fry the onions until they are slightly browned. Stirring regularly is important. The entire process takes between 6 and 8 minutes.
- Add ginger-garlic paste once onions are translucent. To prevent the onions from burning on the bottom of the pan, add a splash of water. The onion needs to be fried for at least 8 minutes to achieve the right consistency. Add pureed or pasted tomatoes after the onions become translucent. Simmer for 2-3 minutes. In case tomato puree isn’t available, you can use tomato paste instead.
- Add a variety of spices to taste, including Kashmiri red chili powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, and garam masala powder.
- You can now add heavy cream and the leftover paneer marination paste to this.
- Combine the vegetables and half a cup of water in a skillet. After 3-4 minutes, the oil will separate from the pan sides. The stuffing is ready.
- Come on, let’s assemble the sandwiches. Using 2 slices of white bread, we will create 2 sandwiches for this recipe Butter both slices with soft butter. For a sandwich, it is always better to use soft butter as opposed to melted butter.
- You can apply some mayonnaise or green chutney if you like on one slice of the bread.
- This slice should now be filled with Paneer. The layer can be leveled and made even by gently pressing. Next, cover the first slice with the second. In a similar fashion, we will prepare and grill other sandwiches together.
- On a high setting, heat the grill pan. Making sandwiches is easy even if you do not have a grill pan. Smear some butter on the Tawa or grill pan and heat it. You can now place a sandwich on the Pan. On medium-low heat, grill for 2 minutes.
- Apply butter to the top after 2 minutes. Don’t forget to grease the pan with butter as well. Turn the top and grill the underside after grilling the underside. Make grill marks on the slices by gently pressing with a spatula. Continue to cook the sandwich for another 2 minutes, then remove it from the pan.
- The rest of the sandwiches should be similarly grilled. It is time to serve the sandwiches. You can cut this into squares or triangles
Here are some tangy and spicy Paneer Tikka Sandwiches. It can be packed in aluminum foil and given to your kids in their lunch boxes. It’s my favorite snack to have with a cup of coffee in the evening.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.[equipments]
- Paneer made at home tends to crumble when grilled since it is soft. The best paneer to use for this recipe is store-bought.
- The leftover marinade should be reserved. It will be used later to make gravy.
- During grilling, if using bamboo skewers they should be immersed in water for at least 30 minutes to prevent them from burning.
- Use white or brown or multigrain bread of your choice.
- As soon as the paneer and veggies are done grilling, remove them from the skewers and keep them aside. Use a fork to scrape the paneer, onion, and capsicum cubes off the skewers.
- If you use store-bought paneer, pat the block dry with a kitchen towel. In warm water, soak it for five minutes when it is soft.
- The paneer will absorb the flavor better if it is marinated for at least two hours or even longer.
- By substituting Kashmiri red chili powder for regular chili powder, the gravy gets a nice, rich color without being too spicy.
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Marination Time -: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stove-Top
- Cuisine: Indian
- Serving Size: 4 people
- Calories: 736kcal
- Sugar: 8g
- Sodium: 1518mg
- Fat: 54g
- Saturated Fat: 23g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 38g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 28g
- Cholesterol: 85g
Keywords: paneer tikka sandwich, Easy Paneer Tikka sandwich, Paneer sandwich with mayonnaise, Paneer Tikka sandwich calories, Tandoori paneer sandwich recipe