A delicious citrus fruit chicken recipe which is extra crispy, savory and sweet in flavor. Exact copy cat of panda express.
- 600 gms Chicken boneless thighs
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp white pepper
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 & 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1 cups water
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 cups oil for frying
- 2 tbsp oil
- ¼ teaspoon chili flake
- 1/2 tbsp minced ginger
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 tbsp white vinegar
- ¼ glass orange juice
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp water + 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp sesame oil Sesame seeds for garnishing optional
- On a cutting board, cut chicken into 1 inch cubes and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine salt, white pepper, cornstarch, and all purpose flour and whisk to combine. Add the egg, water, and oil until it reaches the consistency of a thick batter. Keep in mind there should be no lumps.
- Add the chicken to the batter and refrigerate it for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a wok or frying pan. 6. Gently add the chicken and cook for 5-6 minutes until lightly golden brown.
- Transfer the chicken from the pan to a kitchen towel plate.
- Set a frying pan over medium high heat and add the oil. Once the oil begins to shimmer, add the red pepper flakes, ginger, and garlic, and cook for 30 seconds.
- Keep stirring. Add the sugar and brown sugar, and stir to combine.
- Add white vinegar and orange juice and stir occasionally.
- Add in soy sauce and stir to combine.
- Add the cornstarch and water together and whisk to combine. I added only 2 tbsp of the liquid mixture. Stir.
- Continue to cook the sauce until a little thick consistency is achieved.
- Add in the fried chicken and combine until they are coated well in the sauce.
- Top with sesame oil.
- Add sesame seeds(Optional).
- Chicken thighs, they are more soft succulent, tender the chicken breast stand of well cooking over a high heat without drying them but u can replace them with chicken breast.
- Wok is best to cook this recipe
- Prep Time: 15 Mins
- Cook Time: 20 Mins
- Calories: 490
Keywords: Orange chicken