Nawabi Paneer Recipe – Healthy Cheese is a popular dish in Hyderabad, made with curd, cheese, and is very popular with vegetarians. This is one of the delicious recipe’s in paneer.
Paneer is the key to this recipe and it is not necessary to fry the paneer beforehand, cut it into medium-sized cubes. You can make homemade paneers for a much better result than the normal pan – store fried paneers.
Those who like vegan & vegetarian recipes can join my Facebook group World Best Vegetarian & Vegan Recipes.
Those of you who have been reading our blog for some time already know that we make videos for each recipe on our YouTube channel.
Paneer in White Gravy is a smooth, rich dish where Paneer triangles are stewed in an onion cashew nut-based white sauce. It is a famous dish in most Indian eateries and works out positively for Indian bread. Here is the way to make it.
You may also like some other snack recipes on my blog – Samosa With Olives And Peas Patties – Air Fried, Chili Cheese Toast – Air Fryer Spicy Cheese Toast, Vegan Spanish Spinach Croquettes – Air Fried, Air Fryer Cucumber Fritters,
Sharing is caring! LET’S BE FRIENDS ON PINTEREST! WE’RE ALWAYS PINNING TASTY RECIPES!
About Nawabi Paneer Recipe
Nawabi Paneer | Mughlai paneer curry is very easy to prepare at home with less effort and it goes with any kind of dairy products such as curd or cheese. Nawabi In this recipe I have used soft paneer, green peas and bell peppers dipped in a rich sauce and served with ghee, rice, butter, and naan.
This is a simple recipe with lightly fried paneers triangles in shape as well as bell peppers cut in cubes with green peas. This is a Hyderabadi dish that is no-spicy and flavorful with spices and creamy gravy of cashew nuts.
I like to make paneer at home because it is fresh and tastes but somehow this time I had a very very busy schedule so bought Vaccum-packed paneer, but the best thing about this recipe is that you can customize it to your needs. This recipe makes good paneer with fresh or frozen green peas, fresh bell peppers, and a little salt and pepper.
It is a popular Mughlai recipe and it is prepared with authentically prepared spices such as turmeric, cinnamon, coriander, nutmeg, cloves, ginger, cayenne, black pepper, and ginger, etc.
For this recipe, firstly, shallow fry paneer in ghee. Also, fry all the spices in the same ghee. Then sauté these spices with green chilis, onion paste, and ginger garlic paste. Now sauté the paste until the raw flavor goes away. After that add cashew paste with garam masala powder and finally fried paneer, chopped coriander leaves, and Kasuri methi. Let all the ingredients mix nicely and cook well.
I prepare paneer on special occasions as well as in everyday meals and it is always a hit with me and my family.
This Nawabi Dish is,
- Creamy and rich
- Perfect for parties or everyday meals
- White gravy in color
Paneer – You can either utilize homemade Paneer or from a local store. On the off chance, if you have time available, I will recommend you make Paneer at home, as it is delicate and fresh.
But if you have brought it from the store then I will recommend soaking the paneer pieces in warm water for 15 minutes to make the paneer soft
Spices – Spices like Cinnamon, cardamom, cumin seeds, and bay leaves are the spices that I used for this recipe. They add additional flavor as a result of sautéing them in ghee. Add while spices. Also adding green chilis, ginger garlic paste adds spice to this recipe. Change the flavors as indicated by your taste.
Cashew and onion paste – The cashew gives a rich texture to this gravy as well as the onion paste enhances the flavor a lot.
Yogurt and coconut milk – To make it sauce significantly richer, we will include some whisked yogurt as well. Simply ensure that the yogurt isn’t sour, else, it will demolish or ruin the flavor of the curry, and coconut milk enhances the richness of the gravy to the next level.
Kasuri methi – Add Kasuri methi which will give you that café or restaurant-style taste in the curry. If you can make Kasuri methi at home then it will make the gravy more and more delicious.
Whole Spices – This curry gets a slight trace of zest from the entire flavors, for example, cloves, cinnamon, cardamom, and bay leaves.
Green Chilies – Green Chilies include that hot intuition regarding curry. You can change the measure of green chilies according to the flavor level you need.
Fresh Cream – Yes you have heard it right I know this recipe is getting high in calories but if you want that royal taste then use full-fat milk to get that super-rich texture of the gravy.
Others – Add salt, sugar, and garam masala powder is required as well as you can even add saffron or Kesar strings to add that rich Mughlai contact in the curry(optional)
Check Nawabi Paneer Video Recipe
How to make Nawabi Paneer Recipe step by step with photo:
1 Cut bell peppers and paneer as shown below in triangle shape.
2. Heat 2 tbsp of oil or ghee in a pan and shallow fry paneer pieces till they turn golden brown on both sides. Keep the fried paneer soaked in warm water to make them soft.
3. In the same pan add oil or ghee and add cumin seeds, cinnamon sticks, black peppercorns, cardamom, Cloves. Sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds, add onion cubes, silted green chilies, ginger, and garlic cloves, and fry for 1 minute. Add cashew and fry for 1 minute.
4. Add half cup water and let it boil on medium flame. As soon as the water dries up. Turn off the gas. Let it cool. Take out the mixture in a blender after it cools down.
5. Grind into a smooth paste. Keep aside.
6. Add oil to the same pan we fried paneer, add butter, and melt it. Then add the paste we prepared. Saute for 10 minutes on medium flame. Add little water to the blender and add all the paste so that we do not waste it at all.
7. When the paste splutters add yogurt. Mix. Add garam masala powder. Mix. Add salt and sugar. Stir continuously.
8. Add coconut milk and stir for 5 minutes. Add green peas, bell peppers, and fried paneer. Mix and cook for 1 minute.
9. Add half a cup of hot water and Mix. Add crushed black pepper and Reduce the heat to simmer and let the gravy come to a gentle boil, about 6-8 minutes.
10. Add chopped coriander leaves and mix.
11. Turn off the gas and take out Paneer nawabi in a bowl.
Important Suggestion To Keep In Mind
- You can substitute paneer with tofu if you want to have a vegan dish. You can skip frying the tofu and can add to the gravy directly rest follow the same process as told.
- Soak cashew in warm water for half an hour it will help make a soft paste.
- Paneer is the key to this recipe and it is not necessary to fry the paneer beforehand, cut it into medium-sized cubes. You can make homemade paneers or – for a much better result than the normal pan – store fried paneers.
- You can skip adding bell peppers and green peas as they are not added to the original version of this dish. I personally like bell peppers very much so added them.
- Nawabi Paneer tastes very delicious the next day as all the flavors are infused properly in the dish so save some for the next day to enjoy the ultimate taste.
- You can add poppy seed paste also to make it even tastier.
- You can also add crushed Kasuri methi if you want the flavor of a restaurant.
Serve this for dinner, parties, kitty parties to friends or family. Nawabi Paneer Curry Recipe is soft paneer, green peas and peppers dipped in a rich sauce and served with ghee, rice, butter and naan, masala paratha, or aloo cheese paratha.
Jeera Rice, Veg Pulao, or matar pulao will go well with this recipe too.
You can store this white gravy dish for 1-day maximum as this will give a really nice taste the other day. Re-heat the dish in a pan or microwave before serving.
If you feel the recipe has become dry then add a little coconut milk while reheating.
Frequently Asked Question
Can We Use Frozen Paneer?
If you use frozen paneer, make sure it is defrosted in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before use. When you buy these, you can place the paneer pieces in a bowl of warm water for a few minutes to soften them a little.
Can We Use Frozen Matar or Peas?
In winter, there are plenty of fresh green peas, but if you are using frozen peas then you can defrost them before using them in curry.
Which cream or milk to use in this recipe?
You can utilize Amul cream or Dabur coconut milk to make this curry. You can utilize any new cream that is effectively accessible to you. It’s desirable to utilize weighty cream however low-fat cream likewise turns out great.
What can be used instead of cashew?
Add almonds instead of cashews. Soak almonds overnight or a couple of hours in warm water and then peel them and then make a paste with ginger, garlic, and onion.
Why do we use boiled onions?
This is on the grounds that caramelizing onions would change the shade of the gravy or sauce, and, we don’t need that. Frying up the onion will change their color which we do not want in this white gravy.
So here we do exactly the opposite which we follow in our Indian Cooking not to caramelize them instead we boil the onions with cashew, garlic, and ginger.Print
Note: A rough estimate of nutrition is provided.
We Love to hear back from you and appreciate your success stories!
Have you tried this “Recipe”? Please feed us with your ★ star ratings and comments below.