Fiesta Rice in Instant Pot – Great for quick weeknight dinners. Super simple and tasty Mexican Rice that’s also cooked in one pot. An easy vegetarian dish with quick and easy clean up. Another recipe you’ll want to try.
- 1 cup – Basmati rice
- 2 cup – Water
- 1/2 cup – Onion chopped
- 1/4 cup – Red kidney beans/ Black beans
- 1 cup – Bell-peppers chopped
- 1/4 cup – Frozen corn
- 1 – Tomato chopped
- 6 to 7 – Garlic chopped
- 1/2 tsp – Cumin powder
- 1 tsp – Chilly flakes
- 1 1/2 tbsp – Taco seasoning
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp – Refined Oil
- Wash the basmati rice thoroughly and then soak rice for 30 minutes in water. Drain out the water. Rice ready to be cooked.
- Take an instant pot. Open lid.
- Turn on saute mode for 30 mins. Hot mode started means ready.
- Add oil. Let the oil smoke. Add onion chopped. Saute the onions for 2 minutes.
- Add garlic chopped. Keep stirring. Fry till translucent.
- Add tomato chopped. Keep stirring. Add red kidney beans or black beans after washing and draining the water. Stir again.
- Add Frozen corn. Keep stirring.
- Add cumin powder, chilly flakes. taco seasoning, salt, according to your taste. Mix everything nicely.
- Add 1 cup water or stock mix and then add rice. Mix everything nicely.
- Add bell pepper. Mix everything nicely.
- Now press the cancel button. Close the lid. Turn the valve to sealing. Turn on the pressure cook button. Pressure cook for 6 minutes.
- After 6 minutes press the cancel button and then after 10 minutes of resting turn the valve to venting. You can avoid steam burn by using a kitchen cloth to move the value. Let the pressure release completely and the red plug goes down.
- Open the lid and then gently fluff the rice with a fork or spoon after 5 minutes. Take out the Mexican rice in a serving bowl and garnish it with red jalapenos.
- Ready to be served. I decorated it with vegan mayonnaise it tastes too good.
- The cooking time and water amount will change in brown rice if you use it in place of white rice.
- Black bean is mainly associated with Mexican cuisine and is often served in enchiladas, soups, and tacos. Black beans are rich in the minerals magnesium, iron, and folate.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Instant-Pot
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Serving Size: 4 people
- Calories: 260Kcal
- Sugar: 5g
- Sodium: 20mg
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 30g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 3g
Keywords: Mexican Rice, Instant pot rice, Mexican fiesta rice