Mexican corn salad – Roasted corn salad Mexican – You have an abundance of summer corn, but what to do with it? Don’t look any further! Identical to the beloved Mexican street food dish, this simple salad has all the right ingredients: creamy, spicy, salty, and citrusy.
- 500 gm – Frozen corn or canned corns
- 2 medium- Onion chopped
- 2 medium – Bell pepper chopped
- 7 cloves – Garlic chopped
- 1/2 cup – Sour cream or vegan sour cream
- 1/2 tsp – Black pepper powder
- 1/2 cup – Green onions chopped
- 1/2 – Lemon
- Red chilly flakes
- 1/2 cup – Feta cheese Garnishing or any vegan feta cheese
- 1/2 cup – Coriander leaves chopped
- 3/4 cup – Mayonnaise or vegan mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp – butter or olive oil if vegan
- In a frying pan, melt 2 tbsp butter. Add 8 cloves of garlic chopped.
- Fry till golden brown.
- Add frozen corns. Saute the corn till they are charred well.
- Add black pepper powder and salt.
- Pour the corn mixture into a bowl. Add onion chopped, jalapenos, green onion chopped, coriander leaves chopped, sour cream, and mayonnaise.
- Add lemon juice.
- Nicely mix everything together.
- Add little red chilly flakes and give it a nice mix.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- In this recipe, I used fresh corn instead of mature corn, which is first boiled in salted water then sautéed in butter.
- It’s a nice idea to fire up your grill and grill your corn (still on the cob if you’re grilling on the BBQ, remove the kernels afterward) to give the dish some different flavor.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Stove-Top
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Serving Size: 4 people
- Calories: 215Kcal
- Sugar: 6g
- Sodium: 326mg
- Fat: 12g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 22g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 6g
Keywords: Easy Mexican corn salad, Healthy Mexican corn salad