Mexican Corn Pizza Pockets – Pizza Pockets are a delicious evening teatime snack recipe made by stuffing leftover bread slices with Mexican corn salad and pizza sauce or any stuffing of your choice.
It can be served as an appetizer or starter at parties, which makes it an ideal snack for kids and adults alike. In addition to bread slices, you can also use plain flour sheets or pastry sheets for this recipe.
Those who like vegan & vegetarian recipes can join my Facebook group World Best Vegetarian & Vegan Recipes.
Those of you who have been reading our blog for some time already know that we make videos for each recipe on our YouTube channel.
Some other recipes you would like on my blog – Mexican corn salad – Roasted corn salad Mexican, Home Made Salad – Mediterranean Quinoa Patties & Hummus buddha bowl (Vegan And Gluten-Free), Vegetable Cheese Crepes.
Sharing is caring! LET’S BE FRIENDS ON PINTEREST! WE’RE ALWAYS PINNING TASTY RECIPES!
The wide array of pizza recipes were made generally with pizza sauce and pizza bread.
Today, you can make deep-fried snacks using the same pizza sauce, however. Bread pizza pocket recipe made from leftover bread slices and Mexican corn salad is a very simple and easy snack recipe.
Moreover, I would like to outline some suggestions and tips for a delicious and crispy bread pizza pocket recipe. The first difference is the use of white sandwich bread slices, which produce a golden brown color when deep-fried.
You can use the same bread, or you can substitute brown or wholemeal bread if you cannot access the former. Furthermore, the recipe can be baked or shallow fried, but deep frying yields a more flavorful and crisp result.
If you prefer, you can bake for 15-20 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius. Last but not least, make sure the bread pockets are thoroughly sealed with water or milk before deep frying. A rupture may cause stuff to ooze out and become oil.
About Mexican Corn Pizza Pockets – Pizza Pockets Recipes
These delicious and easy pizza pockets come together in no time. Make them the perfect snack for game day by adding your favorite pizza toppings.
During game nights, I enjoy preparing spreads of simple party food that people can snack on all night. The fillings of a pizza pocket can never be agreed upon in our family. Pepperoni and cheese are traditional items for some of us (raises hand), while veggies are favored by others.
- 500 gm – Frozen or fresh or canned corns
- 2 medium- Onion chopped
- 2 medium – Bell pepper chopped
- 7 cloves – Garlic chopped
- 1/2 cup – Sour cream or vegan sour cream
- 1/2 tsp – Black pepper powder
- 1/2 cup – Green onions chopped
- 1/2 – Lemon juice
- Red chilly flakes
- 1/2 cup – Feta cheese or vegan feta cheese for garnishing
- 1/2 cup – Coriander leaves chopped
- 3/4 cup – Mayonnaise or vegan mayo
- 2 tbsp – Butter or olive oil if vegan
- 3/4 cup – Pizza Sauce
- 8 slices – White bread or multigrain
- Water or milk or coconut milk to bind
Check out the Mexican Corn Pizza Pockets – Pizza Pockets Recipe Video :
How To Make Mexican Corn Pizza Pockets – Pizza Pockets Step By Step With Photo:
- In a frying pan, melt 2 tbsp butter or olive oil if vegan. Add 8 cloves of garlic chopped.
- Fry till golden brown.
- Add fresh or frozen corns.
- Corn should be charred well after sauteing.
- Add black pepper powder and salt.
- Pour the corn mixture into a bowl. Onions, jalapenos, green onions, coriander leaves, sour cream, and chopped garlic to the pan
- Add lemon juice.
- Nicely mix everything together.
- Put little red chilly flakes in the mixture and stir well.
- Mexican corn salad is ready.
- Now add pizza sauce.
- Mix nicely.
- Now take a bread slice and flatten it with the help of a roller.
- Now add Mexican corn stuffing.
- Apply water or milk on all the sides of the bread.
- Now fold and seal all the edges. See the video of the recipe above. Prepare all the bread pizza pockets like this.
- Now heat oil in a pan and on medium-high heat drop bread pockets one by one do not overcrowd the pan.
- Deep fry till golden brown.
- Now for the air fry method just put bread pizza pockets in the air fryer. Brush a little oil or spray and fry for 10 to 15 minutes at 375 degrees F or 180 degrees Celcius.
- Take out when golden brown.
- Delicious Mexican corn bread pizza pockets are ready.
Note: A rough estimate of nutrition is provided.
We Love to hear back from you and appreciate your success stories!
Have you tried this “Recipe”? Please feed us with your ★ star ratings and comments below.