My one-pot pasta with spinach and sun-dried tomatoes has a lot going for it! It’s packed with flavor, packed with nutrition, and so easy to make! It’s an easy weeknight dinner that’s perfect for busy weekends.
- 250 grams – Spinach leaves chopped
- 500 grams – Rigatoni wheat pasta
- 1/2 cup – Sun-dried tomato
- 2 medium – Onion chopped
- 2 tbsp – Olive oil
- 2 tbsp – Garlic chopped
- 1 tbsp – Black pepper powder
- Water as required
- 1/2 cup – Vegan cheese
- 1/2 tsp – Oregano
- 1/2 tsp – Red chilly flakes
- Salt to taste
For Cashew Paste :
- 1/2 cup – Cashew ( soaked)
- 3/4 cup – Vegetable broth
- 1/2 – Lemon
- 2 tbsp – Nutritional yeast
- Soak cashews in lukewarm water for 15 minutes. In a bowl take soaked cashews. Add vegetable broth, nutritional yeast, squeeze out the half lemon juice. Make a smooth paste into a blender.
- Turn on saute mode for 25 minutes. Hot mode started. Add olive oil, garlic chopped. Stir well till the raw smell goes away.
- Add onion chopped. Stir well for two minutes.
- Add sun-dried tomatoes, keep stirring for 2 minutes.
- Add all the cashew paste. Keep stirring. Add 1 cup water, black pepper powder. rigatoni pasta. Mix well.
- Add 2 cups of water. Add salt according to taste. Mix well.
- Close the lid. Press cancel. Pressure cook for 5 minutes. Turn the valve into sealing. Once done press cancel.
- After 10 minutes turn on venting for natural release. Let the pressure release completely and the red plug goes down.
- Open the lid. Add chopped spinach leaves. Turn on the sauteed mode. Mix everything together. Add oregano, red chilly flakes.
- Add vegan cream cheese or normal grated cheese. Mix everything nicely.
- Press cancel. Vegan rigatoni pasta is ready to be served.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- You can deglaze your Instant Pot after sauteing the onions to prevent the rigatoni from sticking to it.
- The nutritional yeast can be substituted with parmesan if you cannot find it (vegans can use vegan parmesan).
- If you do not wish to blanch spinach in the same pot as the rigatoni, you can do it separately and then add it to the dish after.
- Any vegetable you like can be used in this recipe.
- A gluten-free version is easy to prepare by swapping the wheat rigatoni for a gluten-free variety.
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Instant-Pot
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Serving Size: 4 people
- Calories: 469 Kcal
- Sugar: 10g
- Sodium: 858mg
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Unsaturated Fat: 5g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 86g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 20g
- Cholesterol: 0g
Keywords: instant pot, spinach rigatoni, rigatoni