Instant Pot Broccoli Cheddar Soup can be prepared in minutes, and it tastes the same as the classic soup from Panera Bread. So creamy and cheesy, this broccoli and carrot soup will be a family favorite!
Those who like Vegan & Vegetarian recipes can join my Facebook group World Best Vegetarian & Vegan Recipes.
Please join my Facebook page if you enjoy cooking vegetarian/vegan dishes – Pinch Of Flavours
At the end of this post is a recipe card and a disclosure of Amazon affiliate links.
Sharing is caring! LET’S BE FRIENDS ON PINTEREST! WE’RE ALWAYS PINNING TASTY RECIPES!
My only word to describe this broccoli cheddar soup instant pot is YUM. Using the Instant Pot, you’ll quickly pressure cook the vegetables while adding cheesy goodness and creamy goodness to a soup designed to blow your socks off. If you serve the Instant Pot broccoli cheddar soup in bread bowls, or if you serve it with a crusty loaf of bread, or even with crackers on top, it is delicious.
At cafes, I used to order this creamy soup and wondered how they could make it. A delicious cheesy base under the broccoli and carrots. I make this soup in my Instant Pot at home in the comfort of my own home!
It’s so easy and delicious to make soups in the instant pot. One of my family’s favorites is this Broccoli Cheddar Soup. The sauce is rich, creamy, and cheesy…it is fantastic!
About Instant Pot Broccoli Cheddar Soup Recipe
It’s hard to decide which soup is our favorite during the winter, but this Instant Pot broccoli cheese soup healthy takes the top spot. With its creamy texture and cheesy flavor, it’s a kid favorite, and parents love it because it’s packed with nutritious veggies.
That’s right, you guessed it. Soup with broccoli and cheddar. After all, who doesn’t like cheese and broccoli? You can make this healthy broccoli cheese soup recipe for only 417 broccoli cheddar soup calories per serving.
Are you interested in this broccoli cheddar soup easy recipe? It will blow your mind. There’s a strong possibility that this might just be my favorite soup in the Instant Pot (and that’s saying a lot since I make a lot of soup in the IP). With perfectly cooked veggies and a smooth texture, it comes out perfectly rich, thick, and creamy. My favorite part is that it literally takes only a minute to cook.
That’s right, a minute. You won’t be disappointed with this one-pot meal, and I’m eager for you to give it a try!
Broccoli Cheese Soup Copycat from Panera
In this Instant Pot recipe for Broccoli Cheddar Soup, diced broccoli, shredded carrots, and cheddar cheese are simmered in a velvety smooth cheese sauce with caramelized onions. This version will not disappoint you! It is as good as you can order at any restaurant! Give it a try this week.
An Instant Pot, a few ingredients, and 30 minutes are all that you need to make this delicious broccoli cheddar soup vegetarian. Start gathering your ingredients! This soup used to be served at cafes and I often wondered how they made this creamy, comforting soup. I love the combination of broccoli and carrots in a cheese sauce. The amazing Instant Pot allows me to make this soup from the comfort of my own home!
Would you like to try this broccoli and cheese soup recipe? You won’t regret it. In my opinion, this is my favorite soup I’ve made in the Instant Pot so far (and that’s saying a lot because I love making soup in the IP). You will be amazed at how rich, thick, and creamy it turns out, with the best vegetables cooked to perfection. The best part is that it only takes one minute to make. It’s true! Your family will love this one-pot meal, and I am looking forward to you trying it out!
Broccoli has many health benefits
One of the star ingredients in this broccoli cheddar soup homemade is broccoli comes packed with nutrition and has so many health benefits:
- It contains fiber, vitamin C, K, iron, and potassium.
- In addition, it contains more protein than most vegetables.
- It also lowers cholesterol levels in the body, which is beneficial for eye health. Despite the soup’s name, I also included carrots and onions. It’s great to have so many vegetables hidden in a creamy soup.
- 1 medium – Broccoli florets
- 1 medium – Onion chopped
- 1 medium – Carrot grated
- 5 cloves – Garlic chopped
- 3 tbsp – All-purpose flour/Maida
- 1 cup – Almond milk/ Coconut milk/ Plain milk
- 2 cubes – Vegan butter/ Plain Butter
- 3 cup – Vegetable stock
- Pink salt
- 1 tsp – Mustard powder
- 1 tsp – Black pepper powder
- 1 tsp – Dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp – Garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp – Cayenne powder
- 1/2 tsp – Nutmeg powder
- 1 cup – Vegan cheddar cheese (shredded)
Broccoli – This recipe contains broccoli. It also works well with frozen broccoli. Feel free to use what you have on hand. While they will be soft after pressure cooking, the broccoli pieces can be left whole or diced. They will blend seamlessly with the soup after pressure cooking.
Carrots – Adding carrots to the soup is also something I like to do. In order to make my family happy, I grated the carrots. However, if you prefer, you can dice them finely. I recommend using a couple of carrots or a large carrot.
All-purpose Flour – Helps to make the soup thick and act as a base of any soup.
Cheddar Cheese – This recipe calls for medium or sharp cheddar. Also, I prefer to grate my own cheese at home. I have used vegan cheddar cheese but if you are not vegan use any good cheddar cheese.
Broth – In this recipe, you can use either vegetable or chicken broth.
Other Ingredients – Along with garlic, onions, butter or vegan butter, flour, black pepper powder, salt to taste, pepper, and paprika (can be subbed for nutmeg if desired).
Check out the Instant Pot Broccoli Cheddar Soup Recipe Video :
How to make Instant Pot Broccoli Cheddar Soup Recipe step by step with photo:
- In an Instant pot turn on the saute mode. Add vegan or plain butter, garlic chopped saute for 30 seconds.
- Add onion chopped saute till translucent.
- Cancel saute mode add all-purpose flour. Keep mixing it nicely till little golden brown in color.
- Add a little vegetable stock and turn on the saute mode again. Mix nicely with the help of a spatula.
- Keep stirring nicely while it thickens.
- Now add 2 cups more vegetable stock and mix.
- Add pink salt according to your taste. Add dried thyme, garlic powder, black pepper powder, mustard powder, nutmeg powder, and cayenne powder.
- Mix everything with the help of a spatula.
- Add broccoli florets and grated carrot.
- Mix everything nicely.
- Close the Instant pot lid. Turn the valve to sealing position.
- Press Cancel mode. Press the pressure cook mode. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Press Cancel mode after 2 minutes done. Let the pressure release naturally for 5 minutes then turn the valve to the venting position.
- Open the lid.
- Turn on the saute mode. Add almond milk and mix well.
- Then add vegan or plain cheddar shredded cheese. Mix everything nicely.
- Cook for 2 minutes. Press Cancel mode after 2 minutes.
- Vegan Broccoli Cheddar soup is ready to be served.
Important Suggestion To Keep In Mind
- The cooking time does not need to be changed if you use frozen broccoli instead of fresh. Occasionally, I use frozen broccoli and cauliflower as well.
- Using extra sharp cheddar cheese in this recipe is what I like to use, however you can use whatever you have on hand.
- Cheese is best shredded by purchasing a block and shredding it yourself. As the cheese in the store-bought pre-shredded bags has a coating to keep it from melting as well, it does not melt as well.
- Depending on your preference, this soup can be smooth or chunky. When I mixed the soup after pressure cooking, I used a whisk to make it smoother. You can also blend the soup using a hand blender.
- For vegan versions of this recipe, substitute your favorite plant-based oil or vegan butter for the butter. One reader used Daiya vegan cheese and almond milk to make a creamy vegan soup and it worked perfectly.
- If you want to replicate the taste of a cafe at home, don’t be afraid of the butter and cheese.
Serve in a bun by making space in the middle and serve hot soup in the bun.
Whether you serve it in a regular bowl or a bread bowl, it will be delicious!
This soup is delicious when it is topped with cheese or dipped in crusty bread. For a spicy twist, sprinkle some chili flakes or hot sauce on top!
Let the soup cool completely. After transferring to an airtight container, refrigerate for up to 3 days.
Frequently Asked Question
When making this soup, can I use frozen broccoli?
This recipe works great with frozen broccoli. You can cook frozen broccoli at the same time as fresh broccoli. Cauliflower and broccoli can also be combined.
Is it possible to make this soup on the stovetop?
Definitely! If you want, you can make the recipe as is, but add about an extra cup of broth and let the veggies cook in the broth for about 15-20 minutes until they are tender.
Is it possible to use frozen broccoli instead?
Definitely! It doesn’t matter what you have on hand. With this recipe, you can use either frozen or fresh vegetables and cook them at the same time. Success! I have also used frozen broccoli and cauliflower mix and it was great. It cooks just fine without chopping up the frozen broccoli.
I do not have an Instant Pot. Can I still make this soup?
The recipe can easily be adapted to be made on the stovetop, too, since not everyone owns an Instant Pot (but you need to get one! ). Simply let the vegetables simmer in the broth for about 20 minutes instead of pressing them until they’re tender, as directed in the recipe. Then, follow the instructions to add the cornstarch, cream, and cheese.
With broccoli and cheese soup, what can I pair it with?
My favorite way to eat broccoli and cheese soup is with bread. If you want to serve this soup with bread, I highly recommend you use fresh baguettes, sourdough bread, my mom’s easy French bread recipe, or this quick no-knead bread. Add some color and veggies to the meal by serving a fresh salad along with it!
You may also like some other Instant Pot recipes on my blog – Dal Palak Instant Pot | Spinach And Lentil Recipe, Instant Pot Dum Aloo, Instant Pot Lemon Rice, Mexican fiesta rice – Instant Pot Recipe.Print
Note: A rough estimate of nutrition is provided.
We Love to hear back from you and appreciate your success stories!
Have you tried this “Recipe”? Please feed us with your ★ star ratings and comments below.